FHO RACING BMW BUILDING FOR BRANDS HATCH RETURN
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FHO RACING BMW BUILDING FOR BRANDS HATCH RETURN
[Image: FHORacingLogo.jpg]

FHO Racing BMW are gearing up for the third round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch this weekend, as the team head to Kent with high hopes of success in front of an unrestricted crowd for the first time since 2019.

Peter Hickman has already been a podium finisher this season, claiming a third place finish at the Oulton Park season opener. The Lincolnshire ace also showed strong pace at Knockhill and arrives at the third round determined to turn pace into podiums again for Faye Ho’s team.

Brands Hatch is also expected to mark the return of Xavi Forés, who was forced to watch from the sidelines at Knockhill.  After a more thorough assessment medics gave the Spaniard the green light to compete at last weekend’s 12h of Estoril Endurance World Championship race where he showed fast pace along with his teammates acquiring a podium finish.  

Meanwhile Brian McCormack will be pushing to score his first points of the season and in the Pirelli National Superstock Championship, Alex Olsen will be targeting his first podium finish of the year at his home circuit.

Brands Hatch GP Circuit Facts

One of the world’s most iconic sporting venues, Brands Hatch continues to host some of motorsport’s most prestigious events on two and four wheels. A natural amphitheatre offering unrivalled views of the action from various vantage points, Brands Hatch is known as Britain’s best-loved motor racing circuit. Brands Hatch boasts an unrivalled history dating back to 1926, when grass track racing took place on an anti-clockwise layout until it was reversed in 1954.

[Image: FHOTeamonBikes.jpg]

Peter Hickman

“The plan is definitely to try and bounce back this weekend at Brands Hatch. It was a weird Knockhill but I feel strong and good, so want to rack up those podiums – that is what makes championships and that is what we need. I want to be on the podium in all three races at Brands Hatch that’s for sure!”

“Knockhill did absolutely not go my way at all, but it wasn’t because we weren’t fast, so it is definitely a better position to be in than some of our competitors that’s for sure! I was happy with my performance, I was just unhappy with the results at Knockhill as we had more than what it shows.

Xavi Fores

“Brands Hatch is hopefully going to be my first race of the season and I am really looking forward to it. After the 12 Hours of Estoril I felt really good physically and I didn’t have any problems, so I feel I am ready to start my BSB races in a good way.

“Brands Hatch is a track that I really like and I think that the BMW will work really well there. The team have all the information from Hicky after the first races, so I think we will have a good package to fight for the top five.”

Brian McCormack

“Brands Hatch is a track I really enjoy and so I can’t wait to get started this weekend. I am feeling a lot better than I did at Knockhill. I really want to be challenging for points; the Roadhouse Macau by FHO Racing BMW team are doing all the right things and I just need to step up. I can’t wait to be back in front of the crowds too this weekend.”

Alex Olsen

“Im really excited about Brands Hatch this weekend, as its my home round, so I am hoping for some results along with some luck. Before I was taken out of race two at Knockhill I was riding well, and my times matched the podium finishers, So I know I have the pace and want to get on the that podium at Brands Hatch as I know our package is competitive, its just about making it happen now”.

Faye Ho – Team Principal

“We are all very excited for this weekend because the atmosphere I am sure is going to be fantastic at Brands Hatch. Pete has shown that he has the pace to fight for the wins, whilst Xavi looks set to return and will make his first race appearance with the team this weekend, which is something we are all looking forward to as this should be a strong track for him.

“In the Roadhouse Macau by FHO Racing BMW team Brian is really hoping that this can be the first weekend where he scores points, whilst I know that Alex Olsen will be pushing for the podium at his home round of the season.

“As a team we have a lot of anticipation for Brands Hatch and we cannot wait to get started.”

23-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Website Find Reply