i will second that Malcolm does a fantastic job with this site
30-03-2022, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Forum Recommendations
Hi to ALL of you, 

I want you all to know that I really do appreciate the comments on the Forum, regarding myself and the website.

This wee venture has been my baby for over 20 yers now and I will keep it going for as long as I possibly can.

My situation today is that over the last week or so, it has been a really tough one for me to get through and even today I am not exactly feeling on top of the world, but hey-ho, I am sure that there are many out there who are in a far worse state of health that I find myself to be in this right now.

I may disappear for a day or two, evey now and again, but I have every intention to get through the main calendar of Racing on the Island this year at least, and then take stock of what I can do to ensure that the Forum continues with or without me in the future. 

I am sure that there is an audience for this Forum out there, where open discussion can be undertaken on whatever topics people may want to have (Open but still monitored to maintain credibility and sense etc), so please, all of you out there, keep on looking in, generate a post for discussion, ask a question on matters related to the sport and keep the forum alive, otherwiae it may well just slip away like all of the others that have existed over the years.

I may ask in the future for some assistance with the monitoring of the Forum, to ensure ongoing continuation of it, so if anyone is genuinley interested, get in touch and let me know. Very much lke my pal Paul Collins used to do, simply ensuring that posts are made with common sense, and provoding information of his own, from his wealth of knowledge gained over the years.
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2022, 03:16 PM by Malcolm.)
31-03-2022, 01:44 PM
Website Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
I've tried 'the other forum' but it's not a patch on this one. This forum is a credit to to you Malcolm I, and I'm sure all 'the regulars', wish you well throughout your current tribulations. The mountain course races are dear to us all and having this opportunity to share our thoughts and ideas on this road-race focussed forum is a real pleasure. Many, many thanks Malcolm for providing us with this opportunity. Very Best Wishes, Andrew.
31-03-2022, 03:06 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
Everything thats been said on this particular discussion i second it with my heart felt gratitude to you Malcom for your Sterling work on this forum and to everybody that contributes to make this forum what it is today  once again a big thank you to everyone.
31-03-2022, 03:46 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Online
Administrator

Threads: 124
Our sister forum 'Between the Hedges' is back but under a new guise once again and all content has been lost again, same as last September.

I won't be rejoining.
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
02-04-2022, 09:00 AM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
A back up forum is not a bad thing to have and allegedly it`s going to be policed a lot closer to keep out the spammers according to the admin.
02-04-2022, 01:56 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
BTH crashed again last week and all content was lost. It is now sorted and up and running, but all users have to re-register again.
04-04-2022, 08:34 PM
Find Reply