Peter Hillaby R.I.P.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Peter Hillaby R.I.P.
[Image: TeamILRlogo.jpg]

Everyone at Team ILR have been saddened by the news that race promoter and Oliver’s Mount race chief Peter Hillaby has passed away following a long battle with illness.

Peter was widely acknowledged as the main driving force at Oliver's Mount and in the Auto 66 Club, and he oversaw racing at the North Yorkshire circuit for 40 years through good times and bad, and brought many of the top names in motorcycle and sidecar racing to Scarborough.

He also promoted racing at other circuits such as Cadwell Park, Carnaby and Elvington and his passing will leave a void for many years to come.

[Image: HillabyRIP.jpg]

Team ILR owner-manager Ian Lougher:

"It's not an exaggeration to say that without Peter Hillaby, Oliver’s Mount could well have been lost to motorcycle racing long before now, and many people owe him a huge debt of gratitude for that.

I always found Peter to be efficient at his job, and straight talking but fair, and we at Team ILR extend our condolences to his family and friends at this sad time."

[Image: Lougherat2014GoldCup.jpg]

Ian Lougher in action during the Gold Cup meeting at Oliver's Mount in 2004. The Team ILR boss has paid tribute to circuit supremo Peter Hillaby who died last week.

Photo: Team ILR

08-11-2021, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Peter Hillaby R.I.P.
RIP - I had many a happy day at Olivers Mount when Peter Hillaby was putting the races together.
Warning Level 0% since 2006
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2021, 12:19 AM by Sam Pato.)
09-11-2021, 12:19 AM
Find Reply