Chief sector marshal removed from post after 'critical comments'
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ClosedPitLane.jpg]

Association says he ws disputing new safety management system

A chief sector marshal has been removed from his role as an official at the TT following 'critical comments' he made on social media.

Race organisers say the unnamed individual's position was 'untenable' when he declined to withdraw a statement which he'd made online.

The TT Marshals Association held an emergency board meeting where the unanimous decision - to support the original recommendation by ACU Events Ltd - to have him removed was reached.

In a statement released today the group said he'd already been in dispute with the race organisation about a new safety management system which comes into effect at this year's event.

This, the group said, was 'considered unacceptable' for any individual to undermine such a 'critical initiative'.

The TTMA and ACUE, along with the Isle of Man Government, have thanked the thousands of volunteers who give up their time to ensure motorsport events take place on the Island.

However they add:

"Any official, particularly one who accepts a senior position within the race organisation, is required to operate in line with protocols commensurate with the role and prestige of the event and to adhere to the ACU National Sporting Code with regard to officiating on the TT Mountain Course."

[Image: manxradiomain.jpg]

24-01-2022, 07:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Chief sector marshal removed from post after 'critical comments'
What did he say? Just a rough idea?
Warning Level 0% since 2006
24-01-2022, 11:51 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

Threads: 124
[Image: chris-quill-blue.gif]Laurel Bank II Marshal, Classic TT & Manx GP
25-01-2022, 11:10 AM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

[Image: IMG_0867.jpg]

One suspects a lot feel the same
25-01-2022, 11:41 AM
Find Reply
bsa499 Offline

Threads: 48
I can't see anything wrong with Mike Brown's post, he's entitled to his opinion and there's certainly nothing controversial or disparaging in his missive, can this really be the cause of the bother? I wonder, as implied in the accompanying post, is his removal from post at the behest of Gary Thompson? If so I really am beginning to worry about the future of racing on the Mountain Course. The organisation of both Mountain Course events cannot be managed in a dictatorial manner simply because they are totally reliant on the goodwill of many unpaid volunteers, a significant number who don't live on the Island and therefore in fact sponsor the events by a significant amount by paying their way throughout TT fortnight and the now 9 day MGP and who and don't charge the ACU, the MMCC or the DED for their services and neither do the resident Manx volunteers. Here's a question: what is it that keeps those volunteers loyal? For me it's being part of these incredible world class events and enjoying the goodwill built up since the event was born in 1907. For heavens sake don't spoil it!
25-01-2022, 04:32 PM
Find Reply
boon345 Offline

Threads: 15
well said bsa499 ,sounds like they they dont like free speech ,i hope the wokes are not taking over lol
25-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Find Reply
Chris_Sav Offline
Administrator

I don't like the terminology of the sacking one little bit.

"His services as a chief sector marshal AND AS A MARSHAL are no longer required"

Comes to something when they are so overburdened with marshals that they can be refusing voulnteers.

I would like to know more, but would not be surprised if orange army revolution starts!!
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2022, 05:12 PM by Chris_Sav.)
25-01-2022, 05:12 PM
Find Reply