"Really positive" Shakedown Day 2 for Fernandez, Gardner
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: KTMTestSepang1.jpg]

The Tech3 KTM Factory Racing duo reflect on a good day at the office in Malaysia

Tech3 KTM Factory Racing rookie duo Raul Fernandez and Remy Gardner have reflected on a “very positive” Day 2 at the Sepang Shakedown Test in Malaysia.

Reigning Moto2™ World Champion Gardner is feeling the effects of his wrist injury, and the Australian admitted that it becomes more painful as the day goes on. However, despite the slight hindrance, Gardner’s adaptation is going smoothly ahead of the third and final Shakedown test day on Wednesday.

“Today has been a really positive day. I am starting to feel better on the bike because we made some good changes,” said Gardner. “Although overall I can manage, I am still trying to deal with my wrist as it became a bit more painful as the day went by. Anyway, these days are for testing many things, it is all going smooth at the moment, I am enjoying the process, and I can’t wait for tomorrow.”

And it’s a similar story for Fernandez. Despite a small crash on Day 2, the Spanish star is also in very good spirits and is focusing on completing lots of laps to continue his adjustment to KTM’s RC16.

“The second day has been very positive for me as I continued my adaptation process to the MotoGP class,” commented Fernandez. “We worked very well and did many laps to try to understand different things. I think that the right approach is to focus on myself and get a lot of laps in without changing the bike too much. This is how I will adapt the most efficiently to the category, so we will continue in the same direction tomorrow.”

Keep your eyes peeled on MotoGP™ social media for photos and updates of Fernandez, Gardner, their fellow rookies, and Test Riders from the Sepang Shakedown Test.

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]

02-02-2022, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply