Korie McGreevy is raring to go after penning deal with Go Racing SGR
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Korie McGreevy is raring to go after penning deal with Go Racing SGR
[Image: McGreevyHeadshot.jpg]
Pic by: Dave Yeomans

Korie McGreevy is raring to go after penning deal with Go Racing SGR to compete in the GP2 Cup

Former British Superstock 600 champion Korie McGreevy will take on a new challenge in 2022 after striking a deal to ride for Go Racing SGR.

The Ballynahinch man will compete in the GP2 Cup, which runs concurrently with the British Supersport Championship.

McGreevy will be joined in the line-up by young Worthing rider Harvey Claridge and will have his first test on the bespoke Chassis Racing machine at Cartagena in Spain in March.

The Oxfordshire-based Go Developments Racing team joined forces with SGR Racing two years ago and successfully completed the GP2 class first with Tom Oliver and then Cameron Horsman, who finished third in the standings in 2021.

McGreevy said:

“I’m very excited to join the team, they have initially impressed me with their ambition and enthusiasm.

“I believe it will give me the best chance to do what we want to achieve and have an assault on the GP2 title, and hopefully we can be at the front end of the Supersport group as well.

“The team is really enthusiastic and I’ve been very impressed with them so far. I’m just really appreciative to get another shot at British Championship level after a tricky year for me last year.

“These opportunities aren’t easy to come by and it’s not something I could afford to do myself, so I appreciate everything everyone does for me,” said McGreevy, who rode for the Mar-Train Racing team in the British Supersport Championship last season on a Yamaha R6. It has been a burning ambition of mine to race a Moto2 bike.”

Round one of the Championship takes place at Silverstone from April 15-17.

[Image: belfast-telegraphlogo.gif]
James Robinson

19-02-2022, 12:56 PM
Website Find Reply