PRESEASON TESTING CONCLUDES POSITIVELY FOR JOHN IN PORTIMAO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: JohnMcPheePortimaoTest.jpg]

The last official preseason tests have concluded in Portimao. These have been three very intense days, in which Ayumu Sasaki and John McPhee did a very profitable job. In fact, in addition to continuing their harmony with their respective teams, they experimented with new setups for their Husqvarna.

Ayumu and his crew chief Martinelli made comparisons between different suspension and electronics setups, to adapt the new FR 250 GP to their driving needs.

Both Ayumu and John, having finished their work prematurely, like most of the drivers of the grid, preferred not to take part in the last session yesterday.

Coming to the results, John completed 34 laps and a best lap of 1’47.794 – A gap from the first place of 0.804 s and twelfth place in the combined ranking on Monday.

JOHN MCPHEE :

“I really enjoyed the last three days here in Portimao. It’s been great to get back with the team again, and to gain experience working together after a few days from the start of the season. It feels like a small family, so it’s been really nice and I’m really happy with everything there. With the bike I’m adapting my riding style. I’m understanding more and more the way I need to ride my Husqvarna, so I think we are in a good shape for Qatar. We lost a little bit of time in this three days, but in the end we came good and we were able to do a reasonable lap time, especially with the hard tires. Of course there is always more to learn, but at the moment it has been very positive and I feel in good shape to start the season.”

[Image: McPheeLogo.jpg]

22-02-2022, 03:15 PM
Website Find Reply