Title leader Migno 0.2s clear on Day 1 in Mandalika
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: Moto3FridayReportMandalika.jpg]

The World Championship leader set the only sub-1:41 lap time in the lightweight class in a dry FP2 session

Qatar GP race winner and Moto3™ World Championship leader Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) topped the timesheets in a dry FP2 at the Pertamina Grand Prix of Indonesia, giving the Italian Day 1 honours. Migno’s 1:40.960 was 0.273s clear of second place Carlos Tatay (CFMoto Racing PrüstelGP), the Spaniard leapt up into the top three on his last lap, while Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) sits comfortably in third.

Combined standings decided in a dry FP2

Foggia led most of the session as the riders were able to get some much needed dry weather running in the bank after a damp FP1, but Izan Guevara (Gaviota GASGAS Aspar Team) was able to set a 1:41.385 to set a new benchmark time in the final 10 minutes – with rookie Scott Ogden (VisionTrack Racing Team) slotting into P2. However, with a minute to go, it was all action in Mandalika. Migno slammed in the first sub-1:41 Moto3™ time of the day, and it was enough to hand the Italian bragging rights on Friday after teammate Alberto Surra had led the way in FP1.

Provisional Q2 standings – how important could they be?

[Image: MignoFP£Mandalika.jpg]

Aforementioned, Tatay’s late flying lap saw the former Red Bull MotoGP™ Rookies Cup title winner finish second ahead of Foggia, with Ayumu Sasaki (Sterilgarda Husqvarna Max) and Guevara rounding out the top five on Friday. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) is sixth heading into qualifying day, the Turk sits ahead of Riccardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse), Jauma Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo), Ogden, and the British rider's fellow rookie Ivan Ortola (Angeluss MTA Team) inside the top 10.

Elia Bartolini (QJMotor Avintia Racing Team) and Diogo Moreira (MT Helmets – MSI) are two other rookies sitting in the provisional automatic Q2 places, they’re P11 and P12 respectively, as Adrian Fernandez (Red Bull KTM Tech3) and Matteo Bertelle (QJMotor Avintia Racing Team) occupy the final two spots before FP3 on Saturday morning.

And speaking of – that all-important final Free Practice session gets going at 08:50 local time (GMT+8) tomorrow. Tune in!

Top 10 combined:

1. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) – 1:40.960
2. Carlos Tatay (CFMoto Racing PrüstelGP) + 0.273
3. Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) + 0.299
4. Ayumu Sasaki (Sterilgarda Husqvarna Max) + 0.362
5. Izan Guevara (Gaviota GASGAS Aspar Team)
6. Deniz Öncü (Red Bull KTM Tech3) + 0.439
7. Riccardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 0.525
8. Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 0.598
9. Scott Ogden (VisionTrack Racing Team) + 0.620
10. Ivan Ortola (Angeluss MTA Team) + 0.650

FULL RESULTS!
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-03-2022, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply