LONG WAY ROUND
Anonymous
Unregistered

LONG WAY ROUND
It's hardly "Palin" is it !!

Sorry, I'm not completely convinced yet.

What do you think ?

We switched over to Room 101 briefly to see Ferne Britton on a Motorcycle.......

I won't sleep tonight !

18-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: LONG WAY ROUND
B******, I forgot, is it repeated at all?
19-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, Friday 9:30pm I believe

Not seen it myself, might think of getting a dish one day
19-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

it's repeated on wednesday nights on sky travel. don't know the time though, sorry.
ade!
19-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cheers.
20-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ian, have you actually done any motor cycle touring? I think that if you had you would get "Long Way Round". If you haven't then you should try it before you start criticising an excellent programme!

09-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree its a brilliant programe and it the case of dont knock until you have tried it.
10-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have probably done more touring on two and four wheels than most. Mainly FOUR of course.

I am not criticising the tour itself, which was an enormous undertaking and I can feel the sore bottoms even now, but I was put off by the prattling on which did little to make it all an adventure, it only made me turn the sound down and watched it silent !!

Sorry if this is against the grain but I did record the second one and have watched it to see if it WAS me...........

I have not changed my opinion.......

Ewan is OK by me in films but I felt he overdid the background in this event.

We all have an opinion, that's mine !!
10-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

True. I've toured America (hardly Mongolia admitted) and I think this progamme is fascinating.
10-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

billy bookcase. i have also done the states spent 3 months touring. yeah you're right not Mongolia but to make it a bit more interesting we didn't plan a single day just went where we wanted camped out most nights(in winter) all the stuff i had with me fitted in a tank bag. i'm with you its a fascinating programme looking forward to watching tonight.
10-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andy, we only did 3 weeks, but we managed 4500 miles and did Oregon, California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho. It was in the summer and record temperatures, at times it was unbearably hot and uncomfortable, but fantastic. The roads and the people are superb.
I went back again with my son but did it in a car as I wasn't sure if it would be too uncomfortable for him on the back of a bike for 3 weeks. We camped in Death Valley (not many people can say that), while there some bloke came through on a BMW and he was in full black racing leathers, I've never seen anyone sweat so much! We camped most places, Yosemite, Monument Valley, Death Valley, Yellowstone etc. If I have the money I'm hoping to go back on bikes in a couple of years, and maybe go up into Canada as well.
11-11-2004, 03:43 PM