SP1
Anonymous
Unregistered

SP1
Does anyone know who won the SP1 in the Joey Dunlop foundation raffle at the dinner on saturday??
By the way dont think it was me. lol
15-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: SP1
The Lucky winner (Picked out by Robert Dunlop) was a chap from BallyGriffey. Second prize went to a local man in Ramsey, third prize was a man from Dublin and forth prize went to some one in Lincoln. taken from rrr.com tel.
cheers, ade!
15-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where the hell is BallyGriffey????????????????????
15-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

county clare?
ade!
15-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you say so Ade!!

What would I know?

I'm only a culchie from the Black North!!!
15-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Culchie??
Are they the people who live outside Dublin and eat "Hang sangwige"?
Or do they pronounce punt - pound?
There are places in Ireland that do not exist. Remember the song ``How are things in Glockamorra'' from Finian's Rainbow?
Well, sorry to tell you there is no such place.

15-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don - culchies are ignorant gobsh*tes - ask Foster for a translation!!

I'm certainly one of those . . . . . .

Ade - ignore him. He's a criminal transportee from Van Diemen's Land or somewhere such.

No - worse - he's a Colonial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
16-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

He's a tightwad to, the only man you will ever meet with an A$1000 note and no change to buy a round.

Anyway Don their currency i9s Euros now not Punts
16-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A lovely wee story
As you may know I was marshalling at Bray this Manx. We had a delay (specially so i could sell "Joey" tickets.) One man said "How many marshals are there here?", and asked lots of questions about the marshalling and so forth. Then he bought us each a ticket, in appreciation of what marshalls do. I don't know his name, and I don't think any of us won anything, but I would like him to know how much his kindness was appreciated by all at the bottom of Bray. What a wonderful lot our spectators are.
16-11-2004, 12:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: A lovely wee story
I wonder if Ade is a Tasmanian? They have short arms and long pockets.
16-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone know how much money was raised from the SP1 raffle?
16-11-2004, 09:48 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

don, i've got arms like a gorilla, but only in length. in thickness they are like pipecleaners. as for being tight? ask anybody who knows me and they will tell you that i am the complete opposite, i will buy anybody who gets in my way at the bar a drink. even devlin, if i ever get to meet him :-]
tasmanian? no, but proud of my irish ancestry from the [shall we say] lower end of the scale from dublin. and just as proud of my scottish ancestry, born in the workhouse [or poorhouse as they call it] in linlithgow.
if you ever meet me, say hello and i'll get you a beer, no problem. [wish i had a pint for every time i've said that!]
ade!
16-11-2004, 11:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well it is great to hear Ade that you are generous and never miss your shout.
But you can forget about getting that wowser Devlin into a bar.
Don't worry you can share that large bottle I owe Loughridge when I get over there.
The truth is I am trying to outlive him.
I can remember I had an old uncle once who had an amazing ability to take one step backwards in midair whenever he entered a pub so that he did not have to pay for the first shout.
We reckoned he should have been in the circus.

16-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chris - don't know how much was raised, but the ticket limit was 40,000 and I'm sure lots more came from official 'Joey' merchandice (Fridge magnets, stickers, polo's etc.) Full marks to Barbara Wood and Milky who always had a smile anytime I ever passed them in the paddock....including friday practice for Killalane when it seriously 'peed down'!

As for our mate Ade, I only met him (and Deb's) early July during Skerries and can vouch 100% for him, and actually saw him leave pints behind him in the pub!!!
16-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jeez!! That low life descendant of a transported Cornish tin miner wants me dead now so he does not have to settle his dues.

Don, you sure your ancestor was a Cornishman and not one of Ned Kelly's bushrangers
16-11-2004, 10:53 PM