What year did this happen?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What year did Ago's Leap get re shaped? Also what year did Quarry bends get striaghtened? Alomg with Sulby and Cronk y voddy get re surfaced. I've asked quite a few people including my Dad that rode during the era when it got changed but nobody seems to remember.

Cheers Joe.
09-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What year did this happen?
Quarry Bends were straightened in time for the 1987 TT.

My last TT was 1986, and while they'd cut down all the trees, and you could see all the way through, and it looked quick, IT WASN'T!!!!!!

The road was exactly where it was before . . . . . .

I never went back to ride, and I'm glad I didn't.

They ruined it, and made it more dangerous.
09-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

if you want to see where the old road was the fire hydrant on the traffic island betweenthe lay by and the road on the right was in the left hand pavement (used to work for water board)also the facts speak for themselves no deaths before change 5 since but as they always say straighten one corner and it puts the problem onto the next
09-10-2005, 10:32 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

QUARRY BENDS GETS STRAIGHTENED............

Re-worded, you mean the road was re surfaced and smoothened out ? Therefore straightened ?!!And off course a lot of trees were chopped down.
I remember when my parents rode solos there, it was bumpy and off course you couldn't see through the corner like you can now.
Hope they never flatten the road surface from Kerrowmoar to Ramsey, best bits !!
09-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for this information,I'm always Intrigued (may be spelt wrong) On Mountain Course facts. Like I heard the lap length has reduceded over the years slightly by point somthing of a mile. Any other intresting bits?
10-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to disagree with Larry, and I know he is very rarely wrong with his facts, but I can't help but think that Quarry Bends was in the act of being modified in 1987, and was exactly as is it today for the '88 TT.
Anyone else agree or is it
a) Irrelevant, or
b) too long ago!
10-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I remember right, Quarry bends was the same as it used to be for the 1987 MGP, except that they'd removed the trees and it was altered next year ,1988. Didnt they have to realign it because of subsidence or something. It was much better when you had to point the bike into a black hole surrounded by trees and hope you missed the kerb on the way in and on the way out, much more fun !!!!!!!
10-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fair enough Nick!

Certainly, as I said, the trees had been chopped when I last rode (1986) and I therefore assumed that the re-aligning occurred before the next year's TT.

Perhaps I'm being too generous in assuming that the IOM Highways Board are more efficient than they in fact are?!!

So it took them two years . . . . . .
10-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ammo, you are a masochist!!
10-10-2005, 10:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

If youve seen the lap with Joey on V Four Victory, Helen, youll know what I mean. LOL
11-10-2005, 07:41 PM