Manx GP RIDERS read...............
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
Manx GP RIDERS read...............
27-11-2005, 10:36 PM
Website Find Reply
geoff Offline

Threads: 6

that's rubbish. a "road only" racer in ireland will have only raced at cookstown during the stipulated time.
27-11-2005, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I am very angry about these new rules.

I have already made considerable investment in racing in the MGP 2006 and right now it will be very very difficult to meet these new demands.

As I've said elsewhere a full season of real road racing in Ireland in 2005. 2006 and 2007 will count for nothing in trying to meet these new rules.

The new rules as they stand now are fundamentally flawed
28-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Des Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

This is the first overt step to killing the Manx. We've seen some sneaky shuffles from Hanson in the past - ending morning and Thursday afternoon practices, postponing/shortening races or cancelling practices at the drop of a hat, cash penalties for late entries that aren't even late. The ACU have wanted to end the TT and MGP for some time and by handing over the admin to Hanson they have got the tool to do the job.

This will instantly kill the classic classes. There AREN'T 3 races from now to April 2006 (you might find some if you're willing to go abroad - IN WINTER) but even then you won't find 6 races Oct06-Apr07. I suppose there is an option to go to club races and mix with modern machinery but ??? what would be the point of that just to get a few miles in? Classic paddocks are already crowded so what would be the effect of trying to squeeze extra riders into modern events?

I can only come to the conclusion that these moves are designed specifically to kill the Manx GP, first by making the entry requirements for the classics so harsh that most riders will be unable to qualify. This will result in cancellation of the classic races altogether with a drop in spectator attendance since many at the Manx go for the classics. The fall in spectator numbers will then be used as an excuse to cancel the event altogether. So riders of the modern classes needn't get complacent, they're next. Looks like paving the way to cancellation of the TT after the 2007 Centenary too.

I'd say we should protest but they have deliberately screwed us over, so would it do any good?
28-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30

we do the 250 classic race, i can see the numbers for that being really low this year. In fact it could be the last year as not many 250 lads will be able to fit six in before end of april
28-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

Yes Des do something because that's the trouble too many people keep
quiet and don't air their views.

As for the classics having to do six races, would they have time to run them in , fix 'em in time to get these six races in !

The ACU obviously saw this one coming (by trying to kill the event off)and made their money by selling the running of TT/MGP to the MMCC don't you think ?? They knew the MMCC were better at running the MGP than
they were running the TT ? Rest must lay with the insurance stinging us,
another Health & Safety thing.

So who has been on to the ACU ?
28-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Website Find Reply
Joe Stephens Offline

Threads: 4

Its hard to believe that these rules are real. The dates that they give you to qualify are out of season. And as everybody knows alot of riders just do the one big race a year the MGP especailly the classic riders. Also what about the riders on the Isle of Man? there have to go to the mainland to qualify. I could understand it a bit more if they said 3 races over the year excluding the Manx to qualify, that way its more managable.

What about the TT riders to like Jason Griffths that only do a small amount of meetings over the year, but are excellent TT riders?
28-11-2005, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
Pete Tyer Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

Hi Folks.
I have done a long one on the TT page it goes for this page as well , please change channels for a view. Pete
29-11-2005, 02:51 AM
Find Reply
geoff Offline

Threads: 6

i believe the mcui will be looking into it
30-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
Joe Stephens Offline

Threads: 4

I wounder if they get enough complaints, will they come up with a seeding system were the top 10 or 20 from the previous year automaticaly qualify? Obvisouly this won't be anygood for the majority of the entry but its just a thought I had.
01-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

'afternoon all, I'm on here as well now. Lol

I've read through all the postings on this string and the other 11 pages on "The TT licence"...... and one thing seems to have been missed in all the postings. There are no races at all in Scotland 'til April and historically there are many postponemnents and abandonments of the April meetings.
The Scot's are going to struggle to qualify for MGP 2006 and the folowing year will be bloody impossible, unless they travel to England (more expense). :?
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
06-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, Gail/David, Ive been onto the ACU and the MMCC. No reply yet, so nothings changed there then !!!!!!
06-12-2005, 07:56 PM
charlie hulse Offline

This is a copy of a message I left on the ACU 'board following a posting from the Administrator which linked the new licences to this years death toll

To the administrator.

In reply to your last posting, Only one of those deaths in TT 2005, that of Joakim Karlsson, was attributable to inexperience. The tragedy involving Ian "Gus" Scott was in no way the fault of the rider, inexperienced or not, as next week's inquest will find.

The fatalities at the MGP were mostly highly experienced riders. I believe Geoff Sawyer's bike had a mechanical failure which resulted in him being thrown off the machine and then his own bike hit him. John Loder was a regular racer throughout the season and was one of the fastest and most experienced Classic MGP competitiors bar non. Eddie Byers was an previous MGP winner and again highly experienced. As far as I am aware there was only one accident that may have been attributable to lack of circuit knowledge.

For the ACU to use these deaths as a justification for TT course licences is dillusionary. They are not living in the real world. No amount of paper would have prevented these accidents. And what is more, to use the deaths of the individuals who lost their lives, as justification for the new qualifying criteria and an extra 25 pounds on top of the fee they receive from the Manx Government, is as insulting to the memories and families of the riders who died, as it is to the the rest of the TT/MGP competitors who wish to race in the IOM each year.

No-one wants to have a single fatality during the TT or MGP and yes there are safety issues with the Mountain circuit, something about which I care passionately, and am trying to do some thing about , but fatuous statements and nonsensical qualification rules, from out of touch ACU officials do NOTHING to address them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
07-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Website Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

And this was added

To the administrator

Further to my last posting. You have also stated in your post that one spectator was killed. That was a Road Traffic Accident on the public highway which resulted in the bike going under the "Roads Closed" rope and onto a section of road ajacent to the circuit. The marshals at Quarter Bridge and the fire brigade were the first to respond as it was outside the Peel Road fire station.

It is absolutely deplorable and deliberately deceitful to link this accident with the licence issue. I don't know if you were/are fully aware of the facts that surrounding the the statistics that you quoted as the main reasons for the licences, I don't think you were, If not you are being given false information to place on the message board by a person or persons with their own self interested agendas.
07-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Website Find Reply