Phi Hogg Rescue Unit Auction 2006
ttwebsite Offline
Administrator

Threads: 44
Phi Hogg Rescue Unit Auction 2006
February 17th at the Imperial Hotel on Douglas Promenade.

Go to http://www.ttwebsite.com/ttnews/nw/article.php?id=392 to read more about this great night.

Shaun will be posting on here, some of the items that will be available on the night and if you have something that you wish to donate, then contact Shaun via the details available via the link above.
Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by traffic from both sides.
08-02-2006, 02:08 PM
Website Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27

Hello all , as promised by Malcolm i will try & keep you aware what i have for auction , some of which i will be prepared to take bids on from forum members if interested . If i could work out how to post photos i would however to thick . Anyway here goes , this is a quick run down of what i have at moment .

1. Painting of Yer Maun by Paul Parker done in 1985 on Rothmans Honda , cracking painting , size is 36"*24" . Donated by local TM Ian McVeighty .

2. Framed first day covers 1975,1978,1980,1981 , TT all in one frame .
1980 one is Dukes Gilera & is signed by the great man .

3. As above MGP Golden Jubilee 1973 , 1974 TT , 1975 TT , & Linked anniverasries stamps which is Boy Scouts & St John Ambulance commemoration for there work in TT . 1977

4. Picture of Southern 100 winners taken in 1995 , some faces i recognise are , Dave Leach , Bob Jackson , Phil Read , Lowry Burton , Steve Tonkin , Roger Sutcliffe , Bud Jackson , Bill Smith , Gerge Fogarty , Kenny Harrison , Phil Mcallen , Richard Coates , Artie Oates , & many more i am to young to know or to stupid to remember . size is 16"* 12".

5. A selection of photographs donated by Norman Waddell http://www.motofoto1.com . These are all A4 size & are cracking shots of my sidecar heroes , Enders , Shauzu , Luthringhauser , Stienhausen , all from 1975 as well as one of Jock Taylor , one of Mike Hailwood & a new one of Valentino Rossi . A nice selection .

6. A Virgin Yamaha Fleece , which was one of Steve Hislops own given to me by Steve .

7. The best photograph of the year , Finnegan at the bottom of Barregarroo , the one in all publications , also John McGuiness at bottom of Bray both pictures are in Ragged Edge by Stephen Davidson , they are both large pictures with hanwritten explanation of photo on bottom done by Stephen & donated by Stephen .

8. Large picture of Nigel Beattie autographed in the Senior of last year 22"*18" in a nice frame . A4 picture on Moly & Dan Sayle airborne , also autographed , & one of the Islands world Enduro champion David Knight giving it some also autographed . All taken by & donated by Dave " Beany" Purves .

9. Two fabulous shots donated by Steven Hanna of SJH Photography , WWW://SJHPHOTOGRAPHY.CO.UK . One of Bruce Anstey coming right through the lens at Braddan & one of Ryan Farquahar at Ballaugh achieving a perfect front wheel landing . size 15"*10".

10. Selection of shots donated by legendary motorcycle photographer Mick Woolett . All are 10"*8" . Mike Hailwood looking rather bemused pullinf faces after realising he cant catch Ago , Spa Francorchamps 1967 ,Geoff Duke after his last GP victory at Swedish GP winners enclosure 1957 , this one is autographed . Hailwood pushing the mighty Honda away from the start 1967 Senior TT . Halwood in winners enclosure 1978 F1 TT .

11. Signed picture of Hizzy on Cadburys Boost Yamaha , nice picture framed , size 18"*12" .

12. Unusual item featuring Don Smith who was one of the real characters of trials riding . Rarely with out a cigarette in his mouth he was credited as being unofficial world champion in 1964 67 & 69 . We have a framed first day stamp issue of Don passing Laxey Wheel with of course rollie in mouth , the frame also includes a dog end as supplied by Don & a cover letter from Don .

13. Framed MCN machine of the year award for Ducati 916SPS , with photo of Carl Fogarty , autographed. Size 23"*17". 1997

14. Unusual first day cover issue of stamps from Donington Park stamped 25.3.81 . The envelope has a picture of a 1931 348cc Raleigh & Randy Mamolas 1981 RG 500cc Suzuki . What is unusual is the Raliegh is signed by Squib Beaton , & the Suzuki is signed by Randy Mamola definetly a collectors piece .

I have many other things more of which i will add tomorrow .
08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Hi all , an update on where we are and what we have.

15. Two brilliant pics from Jeremy Gill at biker gifts - http://www.biker-gifts.com. A site any TT enthusiast should visit .
One is of Moly & Dan Sayle heading up to the Gooseneck a fantastic shot . The other is a fantastic painting of yer maun on the FI Vimto SP2 in 2000 , this is a newly released print by E Mcauley & is breathtaking in its detail . Both are 23"*17" .
16. A selection of shots from Keith Martin , they are as follows , Micheal Rutter , Ryuichi Kiyonari , John Reynolds , Troy Corser , Jeremy McWilliams, Troy Corser & Chris Walker , all are autographed & come with certificates . Size 16"*12" .
17. We have still got our pound note from last year due to a time waster , the note is a Manx one pound note from 1959 & is autographed by Hailwood , McIntyre , Alastair King , Geoff Duke , Luigi Taveri , Ernst Degner , Eric Oliver , Cyril Smith , Ted Fenwick , Alwyn Maltby , Fron Purslow & one more we cannot decipher . It is framed beetween two clear magnetic blocks so bothe sides are visible . A real piece of history . I have pictures of it on my PC which i can email to anyone who may be interested .
18. Jason Gfiffiths has donated a number of items including a pair of his race boots , some team T shirts & paddock shirts & a nice Yamaha bike jacket .
19 . Roy Shirlaw from Shirlaws has donated a box of goodies including two Spidi Jackets , two helmets , a ste of tyre warmers & various other bits & pieces .
20. Haynes have donated a number of motorcycle racing related books .
21. Jester International , makers of the TT play station game have donated a couple of games .
22. Phoenix Distribution have donated a couple of nice Arai Fleeces .

There are more items i need to sort , will update again . If interested in anything i can be contacted by email or mobile 07624 427771 .
Thanks Shaun
11-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Lastest update on auction , firstly an apology to Jeremy Gill at Biker Gifts , this time i will give correct web address http://www.biker-gifts.co.uk as said a website for the real TT enthusiast well worth a visit .
Anyway back to auction , recieved today a number of books from Haynes who have supported us for a few years now also from Bill Snelling a copy of John Brittens excellent One Mans Dream & a copy of David Wrights book Vincent & HRD Motorcycles .
I also recieved an excellent shot of John McGuiness at QB from Ron Clarke who now has a stall in the Market Hall in douglas with an excellent selection of modern & older shots all taken by him .
Alan Lund in Road & Track has once again donated , with a Wulf Sport Moto Cross suit with Legs Of Man on as well as a Hoodie & a Fleece with Legs Of Man on .
Dave Benyon of Greenlight TV has donated a selection of Road Racing DVDs as well as a couple of copies of the TT PS2 game .
Ian Lougher has dropped some gear which will be brought along on friday .
I am expecting more items in post daily so will keep all up to date .
I also have a selection of programmes , with racecard & book all in mint condition if anyone is interested .
Thanks Shaun
13-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

15-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Almost forgot , Klaus Klaffenboch literally gave the shirt off his back to us which i persuaded him to part with at recent press release , this will be brought along by Andy Fargher who sponsors Nick Crowe & darren Hope as well as some of there team shirts .
15-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Find Reply