Any news on Rob Frost?
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
Any news on Rob Frost?
Does anyone have any information on Rob Frost's condition today? He crashed at high speed at Milntown during yesterday afternoon's practice session, missing me, Gail and a few other spectators by a matter of inches. He was fully conscious after the accident, and was later reported to have ankle and shoulder injuries. I haven't heard any updates on him today though. All I can say is that if he's got away that lightly from a crash there, he is a very, very lucky boy. Get well soon, Rob.
06-06-2006, 03:02 PM
Find Reply
andy kirk Offline

Threads: 18

as far as i,am aware broken ankle .......there was a report the marshalls could not find him at first :roll: :roll: frosty was found in a field :shock: :shock: like you say lucky lad.
06-06-2006, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Between the marshals and the spectators (including me), it took at least a couple of minutes to locate him in the long grass. It all happened so quickly that I for one had absolutely no idea who the rider was, and didn't realise it was Rob until after we had found him. It was a huge relief to find him conscious, and to hear later that he had suffered 'only' ankle and shoulder injuries as I feared a lot worse initially.

One lesson for spectators is always to look at the bikes approaching and not the bikes going away. I was looking at the previous rider going away towards Ramsey and then heard a bike sliding down the road behind me at high speed. By the time I had looked back, both rider and bike had already gone past me and the rider was nowhere to be seen. Where we were watching was on the opposite side of the road from the racing line, and by TT Course standards certainly not the most obviously dangerous place to spectate, but it just shows that accidents can happen anywhere at any time. Very sobering.
06-06-2006, 05:24 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Lucky lad to get away with it down there.....Lucky speccy's and marshalls too by the sounds :shock:

Get well soon Frosty Big Grin
06-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Find Reply
Marco Offline

Threads: 16
Re: Any news on Rob Frost?
David Griffiths Wrote:Does anyone have any information on Rob Frost's condition today? He crashed at high speed at Milntown during yesterday afternoon's practice session, missing me, Gail and a few other spectators by a matter of inches. He was fully conscious after the accident, and was later reported to have ankle and shoulder injuries. I haven't heard any updates on him today though. All I can say is that if he's got away that lightly from a crash there, he is a very, very lucky boy. Get well soon, Rob.

Hi David, where exactly did Rob Frost crash? Is where I have put an arrow: http://snipurl.com/rhme (so just in front of the cottage on the left of the road)? Definitively not a good place to crash.
Thanks,
Marco
07-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

No, it was on the left-hander just before the cottage (where the Millennium Way path starts). It's the only place on the Milntown section which has a grassy run-off - everywhere else has stone walls.
08-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Find Reply
Marco Offline

Threads: 16

David Griffiths Wrote:No, it was on the left-hander just before the cottage (where the Millennium Way path starts). It's the only place on the Milntown section which has a grassy run-off - everywhere else has stone walls.

Many thanks for the reply! I could have recognize the place of the Frost's accident from the green on the map.
08-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141

did frosty not have a bit of an incident at the Creg during practice????----------------------- and he thought he was at Hillberry!!!
11-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Website Find Reply