Have you a Daniels Timepiece
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
Have you a Daniels Timepiece
20-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Hi Arthur,I have only just picked up your post.

I have known George for several years now having done work for him on his collection of vintage cars which he keeps in heated garages at his home near Ramsey.Although I haven't seen him for a while I guess he still has a few bikes as well.

One particular occasion comes to mind when he bought an MV Agusta(new) and dropped it very near to his home and never rode it again! he was uninjured thankfully.

I think he may have had some illness because for as long as I have known him he has had a VERY gruff voice,difficult to understand at times.
That apart George is a very nice bloke who always has the time of day for you and goes out of his way to employ local tradesmen when ever possible.

He couldn't be further from your archetypal boffin,although I believe his wife left him because of his dedication to his fabulous work in his garden workshop.
11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Thanks for that,what a remarkable man.I read the article, which also had a photo of the man himself,in the TIMES newspaper on the 17th June.
12-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Arthur, I seem to recall watching a segment of Antinque Road show featuring a time piece made in the IoM. I guess it may have been made by the same chap.
12-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

I guess so Jan as I would not think there are many timepiece makers in the IoM who could make watches valued at close on a quarter of a million. Incidently do you know of a place named seven hills,near Sidney,got some relatives live there.
Sorry about the spelling but just got home from the village pub.
13-09-2006, 12:12 AM
Find Reply