New island course
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
New island course
Whilst having a haircut recently I was informed with great enthusiasm by my barber that a new shortish course was under serious consideration for the area on the outside of the course betwen the Creg and Brandish.He assured me that even Honda had been involved in the discussions and the landowner was willing for the developement to go ahead.

I reckon someone has been winding him up........or have they?

What d'ya know :?
29-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
charlie hulse Offline

Threads: 40

I suppose it's better conversation than, "anything for the weekend sir"

This has obviously cropped up many time over the years, some of the plans have been credible, some straight out of Never Never Land.

But....you never know....the building cost of a circuit, grandstands, pits/garages and creating all the necessary infrastucture would demand regular use/income

The Manx Authorities would have to attract/promote car racing as well as bikes, it would be the only way to make it a viable proposition.
Youth is wasted on the under forties !
29-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28

How could you doubt a taxi driver or a barber? You are their captive audience, one has the steering wheel and the other has the sissors.

"Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing to attempt. "

William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616),
"Measure for Measure", Act 1 scene 4
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
30-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Maybe it's April 1st on the island!
He who dislikes the cat,is himself a longtail
30-06-2006, 08:02 AM
Find Reply
beetroot Offline

Threads: 0

i thought dandara own that land? just waiting for thr right person to give em planning permission to put up 3 billion houses on the land..
30-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Maybe we should all put our names down for one then, and have a house on the new "TT course". Great selling point??
30-06-2006, 10:38 AM
FC
Unregistered

It could be correct but not for road racing but Trials bikes only
30-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Colin,

You disappoint me, no ranting and raving for ages from you, what has gotten into you man :wink:

Hope all is well with you Big Grin
30-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

There already is one in that area, its called the Clypse Course. :roll: :roll:
30-06-2006, 07:05 PM
beetroot Offline

Threads: 0

have you been round willaston recently? off ballanard road is a lot of dodgy roadworks whichn just adds to the motocross circuit that was the clypse. if you look real close you can still see the kerbs painted black and white. now that would be a sight in 2007? especially the cat beer garden. what would barry say on the subject? (wood Lol )
01-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5

Er I think it's part of the new water main scheme Mick. The bottom of my road in Willaston is all dug up to put the new water pipes in, ending up at the new water treatment works up by the college.
On the subject of racing on the Clypse course, I would be one of the first to post off my entry forms. What a superb road circuit, even today. Flat out down the Whitebridge, then a big wheelie over the jump as you come alongside Ballachrink Drive! I would particularly relish the chance to race a competitive Classic machine around it!!
Having said that, I think we are both going to struggle to meet the licensing criteria for it at this rate Sad Sad
04-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Find Reply