Missing the TT this year?
thewitch
Unregistered

Missing the TT this year?
A lot of people are going to miss the TT for various reasons this year.
Why not plan instead to go to the Manx Grand Prix? For some of you, it might be a good time with kids on holiday... that's how I discovered both the MGP and the Southern as I couldn't go to the TT every year.
This year, with the amazing number of events around the centenary TT, there is more to do and see than time to cover it all.
Some of us would like to run some similar events at MGP time, adding to the already exciting programme of races.
With speeds only slightly lower than the TT...some MGP riders would finish in the first half dozen at the corresponding TT.. there is a lot to see there. Spot the next TT star before the pundits.
This year many people who would have attended the Manx will be at the TT, so there will be no problem finding good accomodation, and booking the ferry.
More informal, with access to all the riders and bikes, the Manx can be the start of some great friendships too.
SO.. what would make YOU come to the Manx? Give me your thoughts and let's make this wonderful race meeting so popular we stop hearing runmours of its impending demise.
01-03-2007, 10:06 AM
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147

So you will be running a ttwebsite soiree during the Manx then H, you will be in the right place then!
There is a super clubroom at the Knock Froy Scrambles course, just opposite the Mount Murray complex. The Peveril Club would like to host any such meetings, with bar, facilities for film shows (we put one on in January for the Vintage Club, another one is planned for April 18th.
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
01-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

That sounds a great idea. The Joey Dunlop Foundation are planning a big event too. Any other ideas, folks? What would YOU like to see at the Manx?
01-03-2007, 11:51 AM
beetroot Offline

Threads: 0

id like to see the chequered flag.... :cry:

and big crowds cheering all of us home.
TC Racing- Supporting the MGP and TT for way too long...One more year then were definetly quitting, possibly.. maybe .On second thoughts probably not..
01-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Your wish is my command! Spells will be created...
01-03-2007, 01:15 PM
couperman Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2

Sidecars, and exclude any crews who have had a top 20 finish at the TT.

Get yer leathers oot Helen.

Regards

Couperman
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I'd love to see sidecars at the TT, but it has been ruled out for a number of reasons fairly recently. On reason would be that it would be difficult to find eough people to compete, as a high proportion of eligible sidecar teams already dothe TT. Also time is a problem with the number of races already scheduled... would love it though...oh... and I have just acquired a very good set of leathers...ex-Woody ones! And they fit!!
01-03-2007, 01:22 PM