MGP programme whos-who?
Anonymous
Unregistered

MGP programme whos-who?
Whats the chances of getting a proper,accurate
Whos-Who?list in the MGP programme this year?

It seems to have been compiled in recent years by people who havent got a clue about the sport, full of mistakes and false statements.Last year took the biscuit with next to no information about the riders at all.Dont tell me its anything to do with restriction of information laws because no-one has ever been compelled to contribute an entry, but 99% of riders do because everyone else does, thus keeping the Manx as the friendly,informal meeting it is.

I offered a couple of times to the MMCC to undertake the compilation of this item for the programme without any payment whatsoever,merely to have the satisfaction that it was done accurately and of interest to everyone.My offer wasnt pursued.

I want to know which town riders come from,what they do for a living,who has been riding in the Manx for 20 years,how many replicas,whose greatest achievement was drinking 25 pints on presentation night etc (or was that the Southern 100 Phil haha !)

More information like this gives me more database for quiz questions too,therefore theres more chance of quiz nights for racing related fund-raising functions.

My offer to compile the MGP Whos-Who? still stands.Id love to do it.Does anyone else thinkthat last years effort was even more rubbish than usual-or have I just spat the dummy over something trivial???
16-05-2001, 10:10 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: MGP programme whos-who?
Barry,

The who's who in the official program was stopped last year. Some reckoned this was because of the ridiculous jobs, interests and hobbies some riders were giving and the Manx club were naieve enough to publish. Some bottom even said he was a Chinese Astronaut in 1999. Anybody know who that was?

Cheers

Gavin
17-05-2001, 07:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, when i enquired why they had stopped giving the riders c.v. It was because of the riders sending 'duff' info about themselves.
17-05-2001, 08:17 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know two girls who relied on the riders info in the programme to find all the single men.
They called it the "lonely hearts" pages.
I know cos I was one of their "victims"
17-05-2001, 08:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

AH Cargo, so you have come clean about your involvement with Club_ _ !

When you get professional Muff Divers and Pussy Hunters, then it is no great surprise?
17-05-2001, 08:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry , I whole-heartedly agree with you , its absolutely pathetic, it doesnt matter whether youre English ( like me )Scottish , Welsh or Irish you are classed as " British" which must surely be an insult to the Scottish, Welsh & Irish riders whom I am sure would like to be identified as such. It was also nice to know what people do for a living,(Me?Im a fabricator/welder , currently unemployed),how long theyve been riding in the Manx when they started racing and what theyve done in their career etc . If you read the whos who nobody, according to them, has ridden in the Manx for more than 2 years or won a replica more than 2 years ago. It is a requirement of entering that the press form be filled in so why dont they publish it after all , if theres anything you dont want them to know you dont have to tell them it.Why dont they publish it , because they cant be arsed to thats why. Its the same with the entry form , no experience over 2 years old counts, you could have been riding for over thirty years,which I have been , but if you havent done much racing in the last couple of years then they think youre a novice.
17-05-2001, 10:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

So whats wrong with being a Chinese astronaut?The Manx motorcycle club have probably got no sense of humour, Im sure its not too difficult to weed out the ridiculous information from that which might be genuine or is that too much to expect of them ? Well, yes , obviously it is
17-05-2001, 10:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

This thread is ace - 'Proffessional Pussy Hunters' made me laugh out loud. Some ofmy mates do that for a living.

With regards to the who's who, I am trying to do one of sorts on the site. I have left it a little bit too much lately due to work commitments (I'm in London now) but when I ge back, I'll get it going properly, so if you have some MGP rider info, get it to me NOW.

Cheers
18-05-2001, 08:09 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mick Whithers?????????????
20-05-2001, 09:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Erm, Cargo, are we talking nurses here? Not that I would know anything about it of course. Probably.
21-05-2001, 01:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now then these nurses they wouldnt collect shoe laces by any chance would they.
21-05-2001, 08:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gavin

I wonder what lunatic would say a thing like that!
21-05-2001, 10:12 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gail , dont tell me you're old enough to remember Mick Withers, that must mean you're positively ancient-----whoops, sorry.
By the way , my entry for the ultra lightweight on my RS125 has been accepted,a class which I would have been ?????? years too old for last year! See you on the grid , hopefully.
21-05-2001, 10:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Probably the Chinese space shuttle commander.
21-05-2001, 10:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Eeeeeeerrrr yes nurses........Club 42
21-05-2001, 11:21 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Be very afraid.......
22-05-2001, 08:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im don't know if Mick Withers was ever a chinese astronaut, but he was certainly on another planet!
22-05-2001, 12:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not nurses me thinks, but certainly good for your overall health and mental well being
22-05-2001, 08:22 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Barry,

i couldn't expect anyone that hasn't been to Space for an extended period to understand the experience. I will show you the photos next time I see you. I can't believ how noooooormmaaaalll I still am after my extra terestrial experiences !

Enough said?
22-05-2001, 08:26 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, He was definetly out of this world
23-05-2001, 10:21 PM