Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike Tampering
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bike Tampering
While up in the Paddock yeterday morning, I heard a story that was doing the rounds, concerning the tampering of some bikes.

It was heard that as many as 12 bikes may have been affected, with suspension settings being changed, without anyones knowledge.

Who the hell would want to do something like that, and put the lives of riders at even more risk. It cannot be a rider, or a member of any support crew as they all know the dangers of doing this and the risks involved. It has to be some idiot who knows nothing about racing and I only hope that they are caught and made a proper example of, and not given some sort of Community Service as a punishment.

It was also reported that CCTV was now in use and that some Plain Clothes Bobbies were present in and around the Grandstand area.

Unfortunately, a bit like closing the gate after the horse has bolted, I am afraid.

What do you think about this sorry state of affairs ??
30-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Totally stupid and dangerous. Remember many years ago, when bikes were locked up overnight in Mylchreests there was some incident where something was put in the petrol tanks of some machines.
30-08-2007, 09:17 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Thats horrendous!
The more I think about modern life, the more I despair!!

I heard a rider interviewed after the racing.
He said that his bike didnt handle for some reason.
Was that it??

MV
30-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Website Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Disgusting! If anyone is caught then they need to be put in front of the riders in my opinion, let them deal with this scum! This culd almost be viewed as attempted manslaughter.
30-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

I couldnt agree more, Fitz.
There are people out there in our society that are scum.
When people are killed while trying to protect their own
homes, families and property. When a young lad is "taken
out" while playing football. When yet other people die as a
result of being older......
I have a simple view on this subject.
The scum who behave in this way have relinquished their
right to be apart of out society.

OTT?
You bet your life it is!!
MV
30-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Elle Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0

I have had my race bike tampered with this season too - including the rear shock moved from one end of the scale to the other. The dial is very difficult to move, so it could not move itself. Unfortunately I don't know exactly when it was changed - we just found it last weekend but the bike had not been handling for a while. (I had been blaming myself, the Irish road circuits and my tyres in that order! ). I am glad the riders at the Manx picked the problem up sooner. For the record, I know other riders this has happened to, who are not at the Manx. There are clearly some pretty warped folk about - I could tell you a few names shock , but unfortunately it seems there are smiling assassins in the paddock too. Scary.
31-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15

Let me catch anyone and I can assure you I will be ripping arms off and beating the culprit with the soggy ends!
31-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10

I have heard reports of this supposedly happening in club race paddocks as well, and you know what?

I don't believe it.

Race bikes get a pretty hard life, nowhere more so than on the IoM. People are trying to tell me that they know, for absolute certain, that there's no way they could have got it wrong, or that an part could have vibrated loose. And on all these occasions never, not once, has any person been seen doing it. Really?

I'll have you know I'm the only person who has never cocked up an adjustment or failed to tighten something properly.
17-09-2007, 05:59 PM
Website Find Reply
nicijay Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Bike Tampering
Anyone know if this has ever been verified?????
12-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Find Reply