No Manx?
Anonymous
Unregistered

No Manx?
I see the Manx Government have announced new measures to combat Foot & Mouth that are to stay in place until 30 Sept 2001. Does this mean that the Manx GP is off, or are MGP Marshals covered by a different set of rules to their TT counterparts? ie.they will be allowed in areas that are now out of bounds until September?
So far, this year, members of our Team have, lost out on the TT, been told that the Supermono they built and prepared for the TT is obsolete(in spite of the class having previosly been guaranteed to 2002), and now there's a danger of not getting to the Manx either. What is going on?
Is the Manx going to be cancelled? I would like to know now before we spend another load of Sponsors money.
Allan Grandad Warner
Gloucester Racing.
30-05-2001, 01:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: No Manx?
Checked with DAFF, and the measures to stop the public going on Farmland can be revoked at any time.
30-05-2001, 09:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: No Manx?
Obviously we all hope the GP will go ahead, but if the F&M situation hasn't changed by final decision time (a month before if the same as the TT) then all our plans and money will be blown out as well.

We can only hope that our friends on the Island and the Tourism industry will lobby with great vigour on our behalf, and to try and recoup some of the losses from the TT.

If they are determined to cancel, though, I would rather know NOW so I can rearrange my vacation time. I don't agree with ppl going over if the event is cancelled. IMHO the whole 'access for marshals/helicopter landing' prohibition is a knee-jerk over-reaction. The last thing we want is the Vested Interests finding out they can live with a low-key festival and no racing.

Remember the dead fish.
31-05-2001, 09:00 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re Manx GP
Any news on the manx GP situation
02-06-2001, 02:57 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Re Manx GP
The Manx is On.
03-06-2001, 11:48 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is that Official Huw? Has the unknown now become the known or.....don't they know yet?
Grandad.
04-06-2001, 03:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here we go again......repeat of TT fasio
like everyone we all want to know whats happening
so we can change our vacation.
I know where I'm off, coming??
04-06-2001, 09:02 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has there been an official date for the anouncement, it is presumed that as questions and statements have to be tabled before reading at the House of Keys a date will already be in advisement.
06-06-2001, 06:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

In a rush of blood to the head I booked for the Manx and so the Packet Co. now have my money. We usually camp on the Claddagh's. Does anyone know, if the Manx goes ahead, will the site be open? Fingers crossed!
06-06-2001, 06:45 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Steam Racket Co requires our money by end of June for our Manx reservation.We do not feel inclined to part with extortionate amounts of money until we know if the Manx is on.It,the money,will be better in our bank than said IOMSPco., as they have more than us.If it is all off we can make arrangements to go elsewhere,as it is a holiday for us as well as a pilgrimage which we generally enjoy!!.Our time is precious as is often forgotten by so called politicians.
06-06-2001, 09:55 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

the manx is on.
The reasons are many,the short story is that the manx is on.
If it was off we would have been told so the manx is on.
There is no point asking for a "decision" be sure of one thing it would be a political decision.
So the best thing to do is get ready.
The manx is on ok.

08-06-2001, 12:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Exactly right, there has been no announcement that the Manx is in jeopardy, so we have no decision to await. Instead let's here about who's riding what this year and everyones plans.

The power of positive thought is amazing:

I will get past QB
I will get past QB
I will get past QB

All the best

Gavin
08-06-2001, 04:34 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A reliable source on the IOM has informed me that the official decision will be made mid July.
However given the amount of cancelled events recently and the rally due to take place just before the Manx, was cancelled a couple a weeks ago, and now the 2 day trial it doesn't look good does it?
Also given the amount of money the island will ahve lost by cancelling all these events it would be a silly to risk getting f&m at such a late stage in the year by actually running the Manx wouldn't it? can you imagine the outcry should f&m arrive around the MGP, people would want to know why they didnt just run all the events in the first place.
Don't get me wrong I hope the Manx does go ahead afterall I love the event. But I won't be making any ferry bookings until after the OFFICIAL announcement.

Cheers

Russ
10-06-2001, 08:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a reservation on the Steam Racket ferry for the Manx which is supposed to be paid for by the end of June.We are not inclined to fork out money which will be put into the IOMSP Co's bank,thus making interest for them,when we don't know if the Manx is on or off.As with the TT,do we also lose 10% if we cancel,or are we offered the "superb" concession of carrying the booking over to 2002? If we are not told by the end of June
,then we will cancel and,quite frankly,sod the Manx and sod the farmers.We have to put up with their greed, and rubbish all over the roads, all the time in Lincolnshire,and most people haven't got a clue how they control the governments' decisions.We will not be manipulated by them and scared to air our true feelings because we are afraid to lose a sport we love.People are becoming cloned,like the Manx sheep,and are afraid to stand up for themselves and say enough is enough.
10-06-2001, 09:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reflecting on my previous message,I am probably wrong in pointing the finger at ALL the farmers,but my views on the majority still holds.It is more likely that the Manx government is greatly influenced by the vast number of suited Yuppies who have invaded and ruined the island in recent years.They are the ones who hate the inconvenience of the roads being closed so they can't tear about in their Yuppy 4 wheel drives,BMWs,etc.Unfortunately they have brought so many financial rewards that the island doesn't want to lose them.
11-06-2001, 07:10 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Mick
Claddaghs was closed during TT-Festival as a FaM precaution. It was very bad to see this big campside empty.
Cheers
Michael
11-06-2001, 11:08 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's certainly no point paying the Steam Racket until you have to, but what a pity the official cut-off date isn't until AFTER you have to pay for the ferry! I guess it'll be a case of carrying over the booking to next year if it comes to it.

Don't assume it's on until you see the government announcement confirming it.

I still can't see why they shouldn't vaccinate the animals.
12-06-2001, 10:26 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Today a friend of mine phoned the steam racket and was told that her booking for the Manx will be held untill the descision is made she can pay for her tickets then so phone them and they will hold your booking.
I've paid for mine cos THE MANX GP IS ON...............OK!!!!!

12-06-2001, 01:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Cargo,at last we have some common sense from the IOMSP Co.
12-06-2001, 10:14 PM