welcome new users
cargo
Unregistered

welcome new users
We seem to have had an influx of new users on the forum in recent days.
Welcome to all of you.

I hope you will all join in and post regularly :wink:
10-09-2007, 10:34 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

They look like an interesting lot, Cargo!
10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Kimbiker Offline

Threads: 0

Hello all

Recognise many of the 'names' from the official site.

Just do your best lads to keep the 'saddos' from infiltrating this website.

Nice to be joining and look forward to a few interesting threads and topics.
Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
10-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

It would seem that at least some of our new users are refugees from a certain other website. That seems to be having problems.

Apparently the admin over there aren't up to scratch :wink:

We'll need to be on the ball Helen Lol Lol Lol
10-09-2007, 01:32 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

It's really sad to see sites being over-run by people with their own silly agendas to follow, and, frankly, little or no interest in the subjects we are here for.
In our case, TTwebsite is passionate about real road racing, whether on the Isle of Man (the best!) in Ireland, on the continent or anywhere else. We are interested in any bike class, and also in the other associated sports such as MotoGP, trials, club racing, and even on occasion rallying! Football and rugby even get a mention, because we are wellrounded people, not totally obsessed... I think...
Anyway, at the bottom of it all is our interest in the PEOPLE who race and support racing. So..........
If someone comes on here with the idea of p*****g about calling names and generally annoying us all... Cargo and I will press the red button and vaporise them. Done it before... do it again...
If someone makes a posting you find offensive, PM us and we will look at it... if we haven't already got there.
However, most of you are lovely, fun people, with a sense of humour and a shared love of racing, so... let's get on with chatting about it.
10-09-2007, 01:49 PM
andy21aa Offline

Threads: 6

In that case I'd better say hello before being vapourised :shock:

I used to spanner for Ian Richards back in the good ol' days when the TT was a World Championship round (now there's an idea). Spent many happy hours with 'ard as nails riders (sadly a lot of them no longer with us), and many drunken nights with Tom Herron, strange how alcohol and Tom seemed to go together so well, still miss him at times.

Went to the Manx this year, nice to see the riders still have the same determination and attitude as they did all those years ago which makes Road Racing the greatest show on earth.

So to all you riders, just keep doing what you do.
10-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Hi Andy, and welcome. Any friend of Tom Herron's and all that...
You would not feel strange at the Manx this year among the likes of John Goodall... racing in TH's day... and so many others.. some on the same bikes I remember them on in 1972 when I came to the Island first.
On the other hand, we have such amazing young characters as Guy Martin and Connor Cummins... can't wait for Ivan Lintin to get here too.
10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15

Trust cargo to get "scratch" and "ball" into the same sentence! :roll:
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

You mean he thought Adrian Archibald was having a great time???????????
10-09-2007, 06:19 PM
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Welcome,

I have been trying to get 'The Witch' and fatlad...erm sorry I mean 'Cargo' to nuke me for some time and I still have not been successful.
10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Sorry Fitz, you dont get near it!

I also welcome any friend of Tom Herron, what a great guy.
He came along to a TT supprters club do that I organised, in London, in honour of Peter Williams. What a star.
Mention of Ian Richards rings a bell too, he of the Ying Yang?

So many memories.

Welcome all newbies of good intent!

MV
10-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Fitz Wrote:Welcome,

I have been trying to get 'The Witch' and fatlad...erm sorry I mean 'Cargo' to nuke me for some time and I still have not been successful.

I'm watching you one wrong move and whooooooossssshhhhh yer vapourised :twisted:
10-09-2007, 07:59 PM
PeterCourtney Offline

MV Wrote:Mention of Ian Richards rings a bell too, he of the Ying Yang?
Don't know about the Ying Yang, but remember him as one of Bill Smith's mob - along with Charlie Williams and some other scousers. It took me almost the whole of the mountain section to pass him in the very wet '71 125 - took a chance, locked up the front and ended up shot out of the seat so only my right hand was on the bars approaching Kate's - fortunately dropped back in the saddle, somewhat chastened and a lot browner in the nether regions.............must have looked good from behind! Big Grin
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
10-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
andy21aa Offline

PeterCourtney Wrote:
MV Wrote:Mention of Ian Richards rings a bell too, he of the Ying Yang?
Don't know about the Ying Yang, but remember him as one of Bill Smith's mob - along with Charlie Williams and some other scousers. It took me almost the whole of the mountain section to pass him in the very wet '71 125 - took a chance, locked up the front and ended up shot out of the seat so only my right hand was on the bars approaching Kate's - fortunately dropped back in the saddle, somewhat chastened and a lot browner in the nether regions.............must have looked good from behind! Big Grin

He had the Ying Yang symbol on the front of his lid for a while (while sponsored by Griffin helmets anyway).

When Tom beat him into second in the Senior in '76 (I think Tom's chain came of at Signpost or Governors), when we told him he'd been beaten by 3 seconds, he said 'I wish I'd known half way round, I could have made up 3 seconds', and I think he probably could have too.

I believe he's now working for Neil Tuxworth, must go to some BSB meetings and say hello again.
10-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Don't do it, Cargo... I hate to think what vapour it would produce.
10-09-2007, 10:14 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

Thanks Andy, re the Ying Yang confirmation.
Not quite senile yet.
It just stuck in my mind.
So evocative of the time.
As are, of course, the names Bill Smith and Charlie Williams.
Bills long TT service is simply legendary, while Charlie has a
place in TT history, all of his own.
I love getting up early at the TT simply to hear Charlies voice
with the morning reports.
For me, CW has become the new voice of the TT, not replacing
Peter Neale but simply folowing on.
Thanks also for the graphic details of your near off, Peter.
More TT moment stories please.
This is what we want!
MV
11-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39

Didn't Ian Richards have the ying/yang symbols on his lid because he was a buddhist? Or have I lost the plot...?! :?
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Website Find Reply
andy21aa Offline

sticky Wrote:Didn't Ian Richards have the ying/yang symbols on his lid because he was a buddhist? Or have I lost the plot...?! :?

Lol, you're absolutely right, and a veggie too (although the two may go hand in hand, not sure), which is why we used animal friendly (allegedly) Shellsport R and not Castrol R.
11-09-2007, 09:36 PM
Find Reply
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

Threads: 19
Just thought I would say hi as the latest newbie :wink:

I'll be a while posting, as I have a few thousand topics and posts to get through by the looks of it Smile

However, I might have some pics to post after this weekend at Oliver's Mount :wink: Anyone from here going :?:

Kev
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
12-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Your pics will be very welcome, Kev (esp if they are of Guy!!) No bias on my part then! Lol
12-09-2007, 11:09 PM