me
renzo Offline

Threads: 4
me
just to say hi to all,some of you probably know me from the sadly now ruined *official* tt web site.
this is more like it used to be before the trolls ruined it.
i will try to post some interesting things on racing in the island.

dennis,ex racer now an old fart :wink:
27-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Welcome to TTwebsite. We are delighted to have you, and hope you will post, debate and enjoy... we zap trolls on here... even very big hairy ones.. Cargo gets to do those!
We have lots of old farts, the more the merrier!
27-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

Threads: 19

Nice one renzo :wink:

I moved over here also, and it's like a breath of fresh air compared to the other place Lol

Kev
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
27-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Kimbiker Offline

Threads: 0

Me too !
Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
28-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Really nice to hear that, guys. However, a website is made by its members, and all we are doing is making sure we get members who share the same interests, and treat each other with respect.
Since this thread is titled "me".. how about adding a bit about yourselves... how you got into bikes, what you've done etc?
28-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Kimbiker Offline

Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
28-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Yawn? I don't think so... I can think of several other TTwebsite members who have so much in common with you... TTwebsite night out be good... better start palnning...
28-09-2007, 08:44 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

Yawn? I don't think so... I can think of several other TTwebsite members who have so much in common with you... TTwebsite night out be good... better start planning...
28-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

28-09-2007, 11:45 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

Carry on, Pykey......................
28-09-2007, 11:56 AM
kevin916 Offline
Just Getting Started

me !
Hi I've moved over 'from the other side' too.

When I was 14 my dad bought my brother (he was 15) a Tiger cub to play around the back garden on - soon became a figure 8 track - and i fell off that many times but I was hooked !

Had the usual moped when I was 16 then moved to a Suzuki GT185. Bought an RD250 in '79 and when to the TT in 1980 on it - I was 18. Then had Suzuki GS550 (I'd like to get one again), Kwack Z1R and Kwack Z750. Moved to Italian bikes in '84 as I wanted something 'a bit different' and you don't get much more different than a Guzzi Le Mans Mk3. Kept that for 9years (not sure why !!) then had the chance to buy my 'dream bike' the 916. A month before I got married the chance came up - it was 18 months old with a genuine 72 miles on it ! It had just been stored in someones garage - wife to be said 'it's what you want go buy it'.....didn't need a second chance ! Still got it and still love it as much (both the bike & wife)

Been to the TT every year since '80 (missed '83) and can't stop coming back even though now it's just for 5 days not 10 ! Enjoy it just as much now as I did all those years ago - although not all changes are for the good.

Well you must be really bored now so I'll go do some work !

Catch you later

Kevin Big Grin
28-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
renzo Offline

Threads: 4

28-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

right, I'll have a go as well!

1980 - two of us who'd been to Mondello Park a couple of times decided to check what all this road racing was about, so we headed two-up on a Honda CD 175 the 25 miles to North Co. Dublin. We never expected to be so close to the action and be able to wander about the paddock. Watched Joey Dunlop and Conor McGinn race themselves all day. Even since, Skerries has been an annual event for us. That 'floated my boat' and visited Mona's Isle for the '82 TT and to date have been at 78 different meetings over 14 circuits (but missed the '88 Skerries after T-boning me bike into a car :x ) - still get the same buzz these days when I wake up on 'raceday' Tongue Even moved to nearby Skerries! :wink:
http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
28-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Find Reply
nutty slack Offline

Threads: 9

My interest started when I was 15 in 1968 when I met my hubby, he had a Goldie dbd34 with an rrt2 gearbox - all alien to me at the time but the fog has cleared somewhat!!! He then had a few more bikes but we married and had our son in 71 so we had to get a plastic pig coz he doesn't have a car licence. Later, when our son was much older we began to go back to race meetings and renewed our acquaintance with bikes. We first visited the Manx in 89 and have never missed one yet - even visited during foot and mouth year. Next year sees our 20th visit. Over the years we have made so many friends of all ages, from all walks of live and from all areas of the UK and beyond. We currently own a 1200 Bandit and absolutely love it. Hope I've not bored you all to death!!!
HAPPY BIKING! Big Grin Lol
28-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok i forgot The Mechanic that was Eddie Biggs was the uncle of Vince Biggs does that ring a bell Helen? part 2 will be my 1st TT visit which i will post shortly.
28-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16

Keep the stories coming boys and girls. Wonderful. My story is from a spectator view only. Could never ride a bike despite being licenced, seemed to fall off them so I gave riding a big miss. Through my father, a works rider for P & R Williams in Sydney I learned to love motorcycles and the TT (he banned me from being a pillion too). In the early fifties we used to listen to the 'wireless' and it was almost impossible to hear a clear broadcast by Graham Walker as the cables were laid on the sea bed out to Australia. But the names of Bob Mac, Ray Am and our local friends, Bob Brown, Alan Burt, Keith Campbell, to name a few came across to be imprinted in my memory and my desire to visit the TT was immense. Only been three times since 1990 unfortunately and I tell all in Australia, you are not a true motorcycling fan unless you've been to a TT. In later life I have been involved in promoting speedway.
In my opinion, the motor cycling fraternity is one of the best. At home I call them my 'family'. My other family is the TT Website. Beaut mates, all of you.
28-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Find Reply
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok part 2 of my youth, after going to a few scambles its time to find out were the IOM is so we decide to catch the midnight ferry to the Island. Well when we arrived at Steam packet i couldnt believe what i saw thousands of m/bike fans and bikes i had allready got the bug which was to hit me for the next fourty or so years. On board the boat which was packed to capacity were men trying to sleep even on top deck in the rain with stormcoats and barbour suits but all going with one thing in mind would Surtees do the double? Ok about 6am we catch our first glimpse of the IOM and there was a great big banner which read Motor Cycling Magazine we were there. We got off the boat and walked along to get some breakfast but i had never seen so many bikes in my life BMW'S Gold Star's and Velos great. We get some food at last a wee cafe up Broadway and as we have a long time before the race we have a trip around the TT circuit bloody hell what a place Germans in leathers and Goldie's everywere i cant wait for the race to start? Now we get back to the prom and decide to go up this TT circuit, what happened next was a works MV with a mechanic on board went past us the noise was music.I must add that Douglas was misty and it was drizzling but we are exited this place is a kind of Magic in spite of the murky weather. Now we wait and wait for the race but the man on the tannoy says ' the senior tt is cancelled because if fog on the mountain' so thats it back home to the boat by now knackered and fed up but vowed to return to the MGP the same year 59 but thats my next part of my profile?
01-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

07-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Website Find Reply
Noddy Offline

Threads: 7

http://www.twostrokeracingsupportersclub.com helping to keep pure racing bikes on the roads....have you joined us?
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Find Reply
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

08-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Website Find Reply