A little bit of life
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
A little bit of life
Just thought I would share a bit of dribble with you all.

As of 3 weeks ago, I am now doing a full gym training programme to re fine my body. This programme involves 4 days a week, and an hour and a half per session.

Lots of bike riding, row boat training, leg exercises etc, I feel brilliant every time I leave the Gym.

I am so pleased with how my healing is coming along, very lucky.

Re Racing.

I have just done a deal with a New Zealand rider that some will know Andrew Stroud, I am now his team manager, and are currently negotiating with a sponsor, to run a new young rider on a 600 in this team as well.

There is not much more I can say about this team, untill I recieve reply about the new rider in the team and funding, as soon as I know all details, I will let you know the details.

For me, this is brilliant, I still love racing with a huge passion, so to be able to stay involved with this important role, is more than I could have asked for. 8)
06-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Find Reply
Kimbiker Offline

Threads: 0

Good for you Shaun

Glad your feeling so good and healthy, it's great to hear.

Good look luck in your new management venture and keep us posted, I'm sure you will.

Pleased your gonna keep well invloved in racing, nice to put something back and nurture new talent.

Never forget you gave us all lots of pleasure too.

All the best.
Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
06-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

And loads of hassle..LOL! So good to hear you planning the future. Hope you and your team are back here soon.
06-11-2007, 09:53 AM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

My man, you are an inspiration to us mere mortals!
Keep it up and keep on enjoying.

Your courage and determination is an example and
one that I need at this difficult time.

MV
MV
06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Website Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

MV Wrote:My man, you are an inspiration to us mere mortals!
Keep it up and keep on enjoying.

Your courage and determination is an example and
one that I need at this difficult time.

MV

I am glad you find the good ness in my posting MV, and thanks again for your compliments.

I hope you can take some goodness from my posts and use them to make your life easier mate
07-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

Threads: 16

Shaun

Glad things are going well for you and Andrew Stroud? Yes, he's been around and done a bit of racing here in the UK about 10/12 years back with Loctite yamaha I think. Handy rider.

Harvey
Let the dug see the rabbit.
07-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26

Great to hear you are doing so well Shaun.I will let the staff at Nobles know too.I am sure they will appreciate that all the grief you gave them has been worth while!!!! Hope to meet up with you on the IoM sometime
07-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Harvey T Wrote:Shaun

Glad things are going well for you and Andrew Stroud? Yes, he's been around and done a bit of racing here in the UK about 10/12 years back with Loctite yamaha I think. Handy rider.

Harvey

That is the one and same Harvey. Very talanted on and off a bike in his own ways.

Andrew is like a brother to me, so to have him give me the role of managing his racing is a big honour to me, and one that I will work at very hard for him.

This is giving me a new focus on life, and it is bloody great to still be involved in our sport
07-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Hilary M Wrote:Great to hear you are doing so well Shaun.I will let the staff at Nobles know too.I am sure they will appreciate that all the grief you gave them has been worth while!!!! Hope to meet up with you on the IoM sometime

haha, dirty job, but some one had to do it :roll:
07-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19

This is an amazing thread. Why? Because back in the middle of June when I was visiting the Intensive Care Unit in Noble's every day, I wouldn't have believed that a few months down the line I would be reading contributions on the forum from both Shaun and Hilary. I wish I could forget the state they were both in at that time, but that is impossible. For them both to get from where they were then to where they are now is simply incredible and defies all logic. A tribute to the skill of the medics and to their own strength and determination. The two of them spent a lot of time in close company in June, but hopefully next time they do they will be able to remember it!!
07-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5

Utmost respect for Shaun and Hilary.
Shaun-do you think Andrew Stroud will be racing in the 08 TT?
07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

David Griffiths Wrote:This is an amazing thread. Why? Because back in the middle of June when I was visiting the Intensive Care Unit in Noble's every day, I wouldn't have believed that a few months down the line I would be reading contributions on the forum from both Shaun and Hilary. I wish I could forget the state they were both in at that time, but that is impossible. For them both to get from where they were then to where they are now is simply incredible and defies all logic. A tribute to the skill of the medics and to their own strength and determination. The two of them spent a lot of time in close company in June, but hopefully next time they do they will be able to remember it!!

To true, they did and do brilliant work David
07-11-2007, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Isn't it wonderful? Hilary is amazing, and I'm not sure there are words to describe you, Shaun!! It's so good to hear you back to yourself. Hope Fee, Anja and Petra are coping with you!!
Thank you to all at Noble's, to all at Leeds General, and, in particular to Toby Branfoot, who didn't just operate like a magician, but told that stroppy Kiwi how it is!!
See you on the Island, Shaun!
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

chris Wrote:Utmost respect for Shaun and Hilary.
Shaun-do you think Andrew Stroud will be racing in the 08 TT?

No sorry Chris, the TT is not Andrew's cup of tea
08-11-2007, 12:43 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55

I would like to add my thanks to all the medics who looked after Shaun and Hilary. A miracle indeed.
While I am at it, a huge thank you to all medics, physios and other hospital staff who have got so many of us back together after racing acidents.
I know that I have had/am having a wonderful extension to MY life thanks to doctors nurses and others.

More power to their collective elbow!

....lest we forget, eh?
MV
08-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Website Find Reply
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

Threads: 19

Nice to hear from you again Shaun :wink:

"Ever Onwards and Upwards" matey Smile

Kev

PS - I'm hoping the money raised by the End2End Fund this year for the Rob Vine Fund and the MGP Supporters Club will assist in any unfortunate and future incidents :wink:

2008 will see the money going to assist similar organisations for the Irish Road Racing Smile
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
08-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Website Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Kev from Sparks Wrote:Nice to hear from you again Shaun :wink:

"Ever Onwards and Upwards" matey Smile

Kev

PS - I'm hoping the money raised by the End2End Fund this year for the Rob Vine Fund and the MGP Supporters Club will assist in any unfortunate and future incidents :wink:

2008 will see the money going to assist similar organisations for the Irish Road Racing Smile

Good on ya man, the End2End Fund is brilliant, thanks.
08-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Find Reply