want to see a good show ? not bikes
cargo
Unregistered

want to see a good show ? not bikes
Sandy and I had a grand day out yesterday in London.
We went to the Palace theatre on Sfaftsbury Ave to see the Monty Python inspired Spamalot. which is a lovingly ripped off stage version of Monty Python and the Holy Grail

And absolutly marvelous it was too you'd need to have some insight to the movie and enjoy Monty Python to catch some of the "in" jokes but I laughed so much there were tears in my eyes

Dispite it being the story of King Arthur and his search for the Holy Grail the opening scene is set in Finland ? And the fish slapping dance ? Python fans will understand this LOL

Even the Black Knight scene is there and of course the Knights who say Ni along with killer rabbits and an bale of hay ???????

The show stars Peter Davidson( Doctor Who ) and Bill Ward (Charle Stubbs Cornation Street)

Well worth the price of a ticket.

If you hate Monty Python don't go but if like me and Sandy you love it then go

http://www.montypythonsspamalot.com/

[Image: Image009.jpg]
25-11-2007, 01:33 PM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
RE: want to see a good show ? not bikes
I went to see this when it first opened and Tim Curry was playing Arthur.
Being a bit of a MP fan, I took along my own coconuts (borrowed from school) and have to confess to singing along to many of the songs - I wasn't the only one, btw!

Now you need to bear in mind that this is being written by someone who has taught her class of 10 year olds the "French Taunters" scene and wrote a scene for the school panto which was a parody of "Knights of the Round Table... " but my version was "Staff of the School Dining Table, our gravy's formidable..." etc. but the Head had to pull it or the dinner ladies at school would go on strike... lol!

I've even got sweet fluffy bunny rabbit slippers....
... with sharp pointy teeth!
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/8148/zoom/

One of the unfortunate repercussions following my visit (& having spent shedloads of £££ on souveniers) was that when I had my accident last August, I had a Monty Python t-shirt on and some people found it quite amusing (so I was told later) to see a patient being brought in to hospital emblazoned with the immortal (no pun intended) words:

"I'm not yet dead....!"
....scone out to take photos!
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2008, 09:04 AM by boakesey.)
07-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Find Reply