MGP 2008 - Rider Eligibility
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MGP 2008 - Rider Eligibility
[Image: mmccgif.gif]

MANX MOTOR CYCLE CLUB LTD - 2008 MANX GRAND PRIX

CHANGES TO RIDERS ELIGIBILITY

Manx Motor Cycle Club Ltd is pleased to announce that previous winners of Newcomers, Classic, Lightweight & Ultra Lightweight MGP Races and riders who have previously competed in the TT races will be eligible to enter the Lightweight & Ultra Lightweight Races in 2008 provided they have not qualified to start in any TT solo race on the TT Mountain Course in the last 3 years and have not won a silver replica in any TT solo race on the TT Mountain Course in the last 6 years. Riders who have qualified to start in any round of any road racing world championship will not be eligible for any Manx Grand Prix race except for the Classic races. Previous winners of Junior & Senior Manx Grand Prix Races will not be eligible.

Previous winners of Newcomers, Classic, Lightweight, and Ultra Lightweight will be eligible to enter the Junior and Senior Manx Grand Prix Races in 2008.

The Ultra Lightweight Race and Newcomers C class in 2008 will also include 4 stroke 2 cylinder machines up to 650cc in addition to the 125cc & 400cc machines that have been eligible in the past.

Riders otherwise eligible for the Manx Grand Prix will not be excluded solely by reason of having competed in the TT Races on the Billown Circuit.

Subject to ACU approval, the 2008 Regulations will be available at the end of January. For further information please contact:-
Manx Motor Cycle Club Ltd.
The Grandstand
Glencrutchery Road
Douglas
Isle of Man IM2 6DA
Tel: +44 (0) 1624 644649
Fax:+44 (0) 1624 620174
e.mail: mgp@manx.net
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
07-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Read carefully and digest!!
07-12-2007, 01:51 PM
cargo
Unregistered

650 twins are now allowed in the ultra lightweight.

The new eligibility rules should make for a very interesting Lightweight race
Now that winning doesn't mean exclusion.

I know of one certain person who will be delighted :wink: never mind Spooner and Kenty.

And in a very few years the Spaceman can return. As can others

I think the MMCC are to be commended on these changes nothing radical just a small tweak to allow riders of certain classes to return and an additon to the Ultra light weight class...............

400s are still allowed and no one has been excluded and with time many will be allowed to return

Well done MMCC

Lets hope the club still has the support of DTL and other agencies.

I'm really quite looking forward to the Manx now.............. :wink:

I wonder what other great Manx GP news is on the horizon :?: :wink:
07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30

Does anybody know if the 650's will be given a seperate award or are they making them eligable for the main race win
07-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Oh, goodie... The Bag may be back??
07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Just a thought... will the qualification time for the Mountain Course Licence be extended to allow the likes of Russ to get the meetings in?
I think an orange jacket will look good on him.............
07-12-2007, 07:58 PM
cargo
Unregistered

The more you study this thhe more interesting it gets...............

It will now be possible to ride in a TT race and use that finish to apply for a course licence to ride in the Manx GP :?:
:shock:
08-12-2007, 05:43 AM
scruffy Offline

Threads: 11

Sound like the basis of a great idea to boost the grids of the Lightweight & Ultra Lightweight classes!

"Previous winners of Newcomers, Classic, Lightweight, and Ultra Lightweight will be eligible to enter the Junior and Senior Manx Grand Prix Races in 2008."

Not so sure about this bit though as these two races are already well subscribed, and with all due respect to previous winners who would be eligible with the new changes, it could see some existing riders with no Junior or Senior ride :?:
08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I don't think there will be "that" many former MGP winners wanting to come back............and quite a few will have to serve out a 6 year wait.

It's interesting that the gentlemans agreement is now a hard and fast rule.

"Previous winners of Junior & Senior Manx Grand Prix Races will not be eligible. "

If you win the Lightweight and keep your 250 will we see 250s in the Senior Manx ? That could grow to an interesting class within a class.
In a few years there could be a group of MGP winners all racing in the Senior on 250s,
Or am I being stupid again LOL
08-12-2007, 11:29 AM
scruffy Offline

Threads: 11

Should Derek Brien not be allowed back to do the Senior in '08 :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
08-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Website Find Reply
mikec Offline

Threads: 6

A great decision by the MMCC,
Long overdue, but they have realised that there are a lot of people that only ride the smaller bikes, & have lost out on the joy of racing on the best circuit in the world,

Where did i put my licence,,,& how long would it take to get the Super One,,lol
Some lovely little strokers for sale at the moment Big Grin

Great news though. A lot of people like myself will be very happy,

mike
08-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50

I think including the 650 twins is a great idea. Maybe this could be one race for the TT? lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Fact is the MMCC are ahead of the game here.

Whats the betting on a 650 twins race for TT 2009 they could run it up at Jurby Lol
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
kmckay Offline

Threads: 1

Jurby Road, yeah! That would be hilarious fun!

I like the sound of the 650's, think I'll investigate costs and then have a
skeet in the old bank account... :-)))
Ramsey, IoM
08-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
MGP Club on top of their game...
Well it was a long time coming but it will be worth waiting for roll on MGP 2010 i should be ok to race in the lightweight 400 class by then and id like to have a go at it on a 650 twin also . But for now it will have to be the classic races. I enjoyed my time at the TT Races but im not making the speed id like to so i will return to the MGP next sept in the classic events and then in the future maybe the lightweight races when im given the ok by the organising club to apply. Good Luck to you all for the coming season and i hope Santa answers your letters to. Happy Christmas and have a cracking new Year all the best Irish Ago.... 8)
09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39

I know this is nit-picking but I wonder if the MMCC could be persuaded before the regs come out to allow more recent TT competitors, such as Irish Ago a way back in at the club's discretion? Just a thought...
10-12-2007, 03:04 PM
Website Find Reply