Brilliant Christmas news
thewitch
Unregistered

Brilliant Christmas news
smilie Abi and Bruce Baker's new daughter, Bethany Amanda, arrived at 02.04 this Christmas morning. Mum and baby were home later to introduce Bethany to Katrina, Amber and Spencer.
Congratulations to all concerned.. what a lovely way to start Christmas! smilie smilie :yah :yah
25-12-2007, 06:52 PM
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32

R that's nice and gone home already! Wonder if that was the first Christmas 2007 baby born on the island ?
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
25-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Website Find Reply
Bakeriom Offline

Threads: 13
Bethany Baker
Hi Helen

Just a wee message to say Abi & Bethany are doing great! I took the rest of my tribe out to Greeba today to see Lydia and illiam to give Abi a bit of a rest, catch up on some much needed sleep!

For Christmas Paul gave me a copy of the TT: Centenary Celebration - A Story of Passion.....

It was an awsome DVD and if you haven't seen it already it's worth a look. Some excellent funny moments with Guy Martin and his BIG MUG! As you know I was doing the Joey Dunlop Exhibition so missed out on a lot of the TT but this DVD captures the real people that make the TT what it is.

Christmas was a mega time for us but I did get some real bad news a few days before, when Linda Dunlop called me to say that Darren Murphy (son of Joey's good friend Mel Murphy) was killed in Amoy. I think of his wife and kids a lot and can't imagine what they must be going through. Darren was a smashing bloke who helped the Joey Foundation a lot over the years.

I look forward to 2008 and wish everyone all the very best!

P.S. As far as I know we were the only lucky ones to have a birth on Christmas Day. The nurses at the Jane are the best! BIG CHEERS to them.

Bruce
27-12-2007, 11:51 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Great news, Bruce. Look forward to seeing wee Bethany.
That's very sad news though, about Darren. Such a sad time for a family, and Christmas will always be a reminder, won't it?
I bought that DVD the other day, but I can't get my player to work! Or my new laptop... having a bad technology week... know anyone who likes setting up these things??
Well, 2008 will be a big year for the JDF, so I hope to see alot of you and the other members of the team. Here's to a successful, prosperous year.
28-12-2007, 12:39 AM