Bitter and Twisted 2001 MGP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bitter and Twisted 2001 MGP
Here is food for thought. A rescue package has been anounced tonight on TV promising to reimburse Manx Hotels and Guset Houses for their plight?. What package will be provided for the financial losses of the riders and teams. We are in the main unfunded privateers who spend the greater part of our avail;able funds in racing. Personally I have 'invested' over 2 thousand pounds towards the MGP 2001, reacue package for me?. Sorry was that the faintest hint of a Manx LARF
03-07-2001, 07:44 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Bitter and Twisted 2001 MGP
Like many others I too have invested much time and money - all we can do is put all the bits in a big box and save it while next year (which seems a long way off!)

Will any preferential treatment be given next year with regard to entries as most classes were oversubcribed this whats it going to be like next year. Could you face the thought of been turned away next year having got a ride this year?

Are there plans to change the classes as with the TT - lets hope not.
03-07-2001, 09:19 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Know how you feel. It's not the cash (though that's painful enough) it's nearly a year I have spent getting ready for this and it's hard to come to terms with the fact that it's not going to happen.
Still - it's not all time and effort wasted - I'll be even better prepared next year.
Let's face it - motorcycle racing is a hobby for all but the very few who earn their living at it -the farmers are looking at thier livelyhood for years to come.
03-07-2001, 09:58 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

AGREE WITH ALL THE ABOVE SENTIMENTS.I HAVE ALSO SPENT THE LAST YEAR AND MORE MONEY THAN I DARE THINK ABOUT ON MY NORTON F1. THE BIG PROBLEM IS ITS TOO NOISY TO RACE ANYWHERE ELSE! I HOPE SOME PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN NEXT YEAR TO THOSE OF US WHO HAD ACCEPTED ENTRIES THIS TIME

HO HUM
03-07-2001, 10:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not a valid point with the farmers. remember the thousands who visited the TT 2001 not. There is currently a roads closed act in place for the 2001 Manx games to run bicycle races on closed road, suppose no spectators there then And what about the racing at Jurby, English and Irish riders were invited and raced. So much for the farmers then.
03-07-2001, 10:15 PM