Are you a marshal?
thewitch
Unregistered

Are you a marshal?
How many of you are marshals? Mountain Course? Southern 100/Andreas? UK? Post here or PM me.. having another idea!
30-03-2008, 11:40 AM
GREEBA#94 Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Are you a marshal?
As a new member as of today i would like to say hello.
I have been reading the forum for some months now and recent events and the above request from Admin has persuaded me to register and contribute.
I have been marshalling at Greeba Castle since 1990, i think, (old age plays havoc with memory as some of you elder members are aware) for most TT's and many MGP's.
As someone who has to travel to the Island to marshall i feel it's very important that i show my support to continue with something that not only gives me immense pleasure but has also brought about many friendships and wonderfull memories.
30-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Thank you so much for that. It is just how I feel, and what I hope to hear from many others.
Welcome to TTwebsite. We used to have a system for welcoming people, but I think it has fallen by the wayside a bit lately with our new software, operated by the same old moderators!!smilie
30-03-2008, 03:10 PM
GREEBA#94 Offline

Threads: 11
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately not enough marshalls view this site both on the Island or from over water to voice an opinion or give support. I am concerned that some people may over-react and make misaligned judgements over their true benefit and genuine contributions they can make to racing on the Isle of Man.
I have to admit that i shall be avaialble to marshall at the 2008 TT but not the MGP, for reasons that ironically, do now appear to confirm my beliefs that the MMSC needs to address how it is going to take itself forward in the years to come. I must stress that i am an avid supporter of the Manx Grand Prix, having been brought up as a young teenager when my father sponsored the 1976 Leightweight winner and then became more involved via mechanicing for the same and then sponsorship all but briefly.
I would like to stress that i have been part of a solid and conscientous team of marshalls at Greeba who take their roles very seriously when it matters e.g when on duty, and welcome anybody who wants to contribute and be part of the running of such a profile sport.
In short (not one of my strong points) please do not let changes that are definitely required; agree or disagree, put anyone off from continuing or taking the oppurtunity of being a marshall, the rewards far outway the responsibility.
30-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
DSM at Ballacraine, Marshall at C'Town Bridge and have not done Andreas for a while now but might get back into it.
30-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Welcome Greeba#94 !
Well done Helen too!
Another one brought out of the woodwork!!
Greeba, (hope we get a proper name soon?) you are in good company here, among friends.
I know as much as anyone.
Us mere mortals (well TT visitors of over 40 years and very amateur riders!) salute you marshalls.
Its stating the obvious but you the TT would be lost without you.
I do hope you will be on or bus trip?
Helen, bring it up!
MV
30-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
smilie

[Image: wyattearp.jpg]
02-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Signing on forms for TT2008 are in the post..........I got mine today.
Can I urge all marshals to get signed on early...........like now
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
g0myw Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Yes I'm a Marshall,

I try to help out @ TT practice + MGP
For my sins I'm @ Gorse Lea .... the don't beat me too hard.
Cargo said I must look at this site.
also
Ian Huntley sold me my 1st bikes !! and I lived to tell tell tale.Yahoo

Regards, Jon Hall

thewitch Wrote:How many of you are marshals? Mountain Course? Southern 100/Andreas? UK? Post here or PM me.. having another idea!
08-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
g0myw Wrote:Yes I'm a Marshall,

I try to help out @ TT practice + MGP
For my sins I'm @ Gorse Lea .... the don't beat me too hard.
Cargo said I must look at this site.
also
Ian Huntley sold me my 1st bikes !! and I lived to tell tell tale.Yahoo

Regards, Jon Hall

thewitch Wrote:How many of you are marshals? Mountain Course? Southern 100/Andreas? UK? Post here or PM me.. having another idea!

Welcome4 to the asylum, Jon. It's good to hear from you.

Gorse Lea Marshals - always up to scratch!
08-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Find Reply
gary the nurse Offline

Threads: 18
gorselea marshals always up to scratch-yep they are that-i had to run up from greeba bridge to an unfortunate incident a few years ago and everyone well and truly professional, calm and controlled in a scenw that was very chaotic

saying that i've had to work quite a bit on various parts of the course and can honestly say every person in orange i've worked with are brilliant and willing to help us in the more fashionable lemon and lime
08-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
gary the nurse Offline

but you get A BETTER VIEW AT BALLACRAINE!!!
08-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I think I should point out that the marshals at Ballacraine are a happy friendly bunch however they do force unfortunate broken down or black flagged riders to sign the Wheel of Doom (or what ever it is they call it.)

And they had no smilie

At Gorselea no such torture exists
08-04-2008, 11:30 PM
gary the nurse Offline

think the wheel of doom must be full by now-for explaination to everyone scratching there head its a round wooden board that some...well everyone marshalling on the best spot on the course has signed and gets all the poor souls who happen to have a technical problem and pulled up with us to sign as well...and we've got quite a few signatures on both sides-the plan was once it full to have it varnished and turned into a table which can rotate both sides then fitz to sort out how we get most funds out of it for worthy charity
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2008, 10:14 AM by gary the nurse.)
09-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Find Reply