11-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Find Reply
WILT Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
RE: eurosport and freeview
pykey Wrote:British eurosport is no longer free on freeviewBonk
Hi,

Ive never found it" "free" on FTA digital broadcasts It is ,however, still free ,so far, on Astra .They are broadcasting less and less of the stuff that interests us petrol heads ,but thankfully the GP's are still covered quite well on Race day. British Eurosport (the pay for version) carries far more motor sport and I think they've decided to slowly graduate to pushing the British Motor sport fans to pay for their fun!
WILT
11-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
The BBC does an excellent job on the GPs - they show the 125 and 250 live on interactive, then the MotoGP on live (usually) BBC2. For real fun and excitement I sometimes watch & listen on Spanish TV, where Angel Nieto and a very attractive chica are the calm in the lunatic Spanish commentary storm!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
12-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Thanks for the replies now i will use bbc interactive, as for paying Sky and this Sentana are rip offs they are showing football when is suits them as a EFC fan we have had 1 Sat game at 3pm since Xmas.
Roll on Kells 2010
12-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Here is the link for if that helps anyone !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorspo...805050.stm
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
12-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
Mr B Offline

Threads: 3
PeterCourtney Wrote:The BBC does an excellent job on the GPs - they show the 125 and 250 live on interactive, then the MotoGP on live (usually) BBC2. For real fun and excitement I sometimes watch & listen on Spanish TV, where Angel Nieto and a very attractive chica are the calm in the lunatic Spanish commentary storm!

Quite right, the BBC coverage is excellent. And don't forget if you miss one you can view the Moto GP races on BBC i player for about 6 days afterwards. Only thing I would say is Toby, Randy and Julian on Eurosport are a much better commentating team IMHO.
16-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
"you can view the Moto GP races on BBC i player" - not if you live outside the UK you can't!!
Agree about Julian, his friend Sandy, et al, but it does give the Beeb somewhere to try out apprentice commentators, before they graduate to Stavros and Cox on the MotoGP class!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
16-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
matthewsayle Offline

Threads: 14
Your all right. I fit SKY for a living and have done on and off for over 10 years. Since the Digital system came in everyone has lost proper eurosport and been forced to subscribe to a package on sky or a Top up TV package.

Sky you have to pick a 2 mix package which is about £16 a month. With this you can get over 150 channels inc sky1,2,3 and uk golds etc. Which aint bad

Top up tv is a load of sh+_e I fitted this for about a year and had nothing but trouble with every make of box.

the 3rd option is freeview which is built in to every tv and watch BBCs coverage and interactive content. Both freeview and top up only give between 25 and 55 channels and depending where you are on the IOM (mostly north).

My advice ring SKY get a 2 mix package and you get all the equipment fitted for less that £50. When the seasons over cancel your subscription and you keep all the equipment. They will ring you every week and offer you SKY for free to get you signed up again.

Any questions give us a shout

not after hours tho. I still aint got my bike ready and am in the garage everynite working on it, not long now.

Matty Sayle
SKYMAN 433224
http://www.sayleracing.co.uk

P.S.

The manx transmitters are not going digital until back end of 2009 so dont panic getting a freeview aerial in the south or douglas area. Wait until its switching over then do it when they know what band aerial they are gonna use cos no one knows yet not even the BBC or the Freeview office...
18-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Thats usefull info Mathew also there is FREE SAT not free but what is? incidently as you say some of the freewiew boxes are now obselete EG: Nokia so they wont accept Sentana Bonk Bonk
Roll on Kells 2010
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2008, 08:45 PM by Malcolm.)
19-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Get that bike ready, boy! Top priority.
19-04-2008, 01:06 PM
matthewsayle Offline

Threads: 14
I know its nearly there but am away for the next jurby meeting so gonna have to skive work and go to aintree to go testing in may.

Keep an eye on the website some new photos being uploaded soon.

Also got my number for TT today keep an eye out for number 45.

Matty Sayle

http://www.saylerracing.co.uk
19-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Don't lose focus, Matt... TT TT TT... saw you(?) in the van this afternoon in Douglas... no hiding place!
19-04-2008, 07:53 PM