another one for you oldies
cargo
Unregistered

another one for you oldies
This is Mike breaking down and stopping I believe it's 1957 or 58 TT

Question is where and does anyone know who the lovely ladies are and if any of them are still around ???

[Image: mikett.57.jpg]
24-05-2008, 05:52 PM
GREEBA#94 Offline

Threads: 11
RE: another one for you oldies
Did Mike ever race on the Clypse Course? that looks very much like a shop doorway in Onchan.

Cargo, do you not recognise your sisters? LOL
24-05-2008, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
It was Mikes 1st TT and that is the Clypse Course and it was a bit awsome compared were the Billown Circuit and does anyone know why the Clypse was discontinued?
Roll on Kells 2010
24-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Find Reply
GREEBA#94 Offline

Threads: 11
I recall a photograph which i think was in 100 years of the TT, could be wrong on where, but depicted ladies sat in a door way like this and it was entitled lady with three legs. Because they were sat so close to each other it gave the impression that one of them did have three legs. Has anybody else seen that photo?
24-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Find Reply
lewy15 Offline

Threads: 3
Greeba #94 being my dad...ive seen this picture of the three legged women and it does look like the same pic...that flag rings a bell.
24-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
It WAS Mike's 1st TT, (1958)and he had TWO circuits to learn. And he finished all four races, and got four replicas. Some achievement. The reason that the Clypse circuit was discontinued was as follows.
Firstly, the riders did not feel that they had ridden a real TT course. Secondly, the organisation was stretched to the limit in using two circuits, (don't forget they had needed marshals for the Clubmans races and that took the TT to a third week in the final Clubmans year, 1956), and finally, the feeling was the circuit didn't really fit in with the the image they wanted for the TT.
Plus ca change!! As was discussed a few months ago on this very website, these factors are still relevant today.
Forgot to say that Mike is retiring from a practise session in the photo, hence the smiles.
24-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
I hope that says woodbines not woodpiles
(sorry admin it's late, I can't do funny now, breathing in and out is an achievement)
SteveEnglish
24-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Website Find Reply