stupid rules
cargo
Unregistered

stupid rules
I don't know yet for sure exactly what it is that has lead to Bruce Anstey being excluded.................but

For sure these daft stupid homolgation rules are certainly a complete nightmare and once again I ask the question why does the TT need them ?

The rules run to dozens of pages are almost impossible to police correctly and it costs a fortune to do so............

Why on earth can we not have a nice simple rule................lets call it 600cc and leave it at that....... simple and easy to do.

There is no justification whatsoever for the TT being run to these rules............. NONE
02-06-2008, 08:29 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
RE: stupid rules
Agreed Steve its an embarasment to those who run the TT who runs it eh BonkBonkBonkBonkBonk
Roll on Kells 2010
02-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Actually for all your information the fault lies squarely on the team not the organisers. They put in a cam they thought was within the tolerance and in fact it wasn't. They had tuned the engine outside the tolerances given. So it could be either the team picked up the wrong kit or the tuner failed to keep it in the allowance. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RULES ITS TO DO WITH THE TEAMS NOT STICKING TO THEM..... READ THEM AND YOU WILL BE FINE.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Total dashed bullcrap of a TT, nothing but lies and bullcrap. Riders have been made to sign a contract stating that if they complain or make any remarks against the ACU they will be kicked out and lose any start money or prize money. A rider spoke out on MR today that the evnt is run by cheats with the Backing of those that run the event. In todays superstock races many bikes had quick shifters fitted against the rules, Injectors bored out and many more fiddles.
Bruce Anstey had his win taken off him today for something out of his control, if the team cheated they should be fined heavily, dont take it out on the rider who risked his life to race the machine. 2nd place Steve Platter, its been said by many in the paddock that his bike was illegal a 2006 engine in a 2008 frame again agaist the rules, it was protested but nothing done about it. 4th place rider again its been said his bike was illegal but only noticed outside the time frame. What the feck is going on, they brag that they have the best scrutineer in racing looking after the rules but his team cant see that the super stocks have quick shifters fitted.
Other riders who rode this week have got to pay to go to the presentation because the ACU or whoever forgot to put any tickets in thier package. You have riders upset over thier start numbers approach PP who says nothing to do with him its down to the ACU who them blame PP.
I know of two well known teams that today said will not return to the TT because of all the bullcrap.

Yes you will say FCs at it again but sorry this post has been made on behalf of quite a few riders who dont want to lose out finacialy by breaking a bullcrap illegal contract by the ACU.

And to Bruce you fellow riders are gutted by what they done to you today.smilie
02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
HermioneGranger Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
There's a big difference between quick shifts fitted and disabled though. All the riders with quick shifts fitted to their bikes today were asked to remove or disable them. It's not like that's a hard rule to comprehend.

I don't think blaming the scrutineers is helpful, they don't write the rules, just enforce them.

I agree with Clucie, rules like this are easy to keep to
02-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Find Reply
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

Threads: 5
I'd have to agree with (FC) and some of the points raised, the ACU does turn a blind eye at anything above a club meeting, and has done for years.
If it doesn't comply it should not have got through the technical inspection,,,,end of.

Yet I once saw a clothing scrutineer at a mid nineties TT pull a continental rider for not having an ACU stamp on his helmet he bought in Italy,,,,???

Sounds like there are quite a few un happy bunnies on the island this week, and most of em riding solos.....Tongue

Regards

SS,,,,,,,
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
02-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

FC Wrote:Total dashed bullcrap of a TT, nothing but lies and bullcrap. Riders have been made to sign a contract stating that if they complain or make any remarks against the ACU they will be kicked out and lose any start money or prize money. A rider spoke out on MR today that the evnt is run by cheats with the Backing of those that run the event. In todays superstock races many bikes had quick shifters fitted against the rules, Injectors bored out and many more fiddles.
Bruce Anstey had his win taken off him today for something out of his control, if the team cheated they should be fined heavily, dont take it out on the rider who risked his life to race the machine. 2nd place Steve Platter, its been said by many in the paddock that his bike was illegal a 2006 engine in a 2008 frame again agaist the rules, it was protested but nothing done about it. 4th place rider again its been said his bike was illegal but only noticed outside the time frame. What the what do you think we'd be so stupid as to allow a word like that is going on, they brag that they have the best scrutineer in racing looking after the rules but his team cant see that the super stocks have quick shifters fitted.
Other riders who rode this week have got to pay to go to the presentation because the ACU or whoever forgot to put any tickets in thier package. You have riders upset over thier start numbers approach PP who says nothing to do with him its down to the ACU who them blame PP.
I know of two well known teams that today said will not return to the TT because of all the bullcrap.

Yes you will say FCs at it again but sorry this post has been made on behalf of quite a few riders who dont want to lose out finacialy by breaking a bullcrap illegal contract by the ACU.

And to Bruce you fellow riders are gutted by what they done to you today.smilie

Just to get one thing straight Colin, Bruce Anstey had his win taken away from him because the bike he was riding was illegal. END OF STORY. Yes its hard on Bruce as he wouldn't have known, but it doesn't go on the rider, it goes on the machine. You also seem to be winging about the illegal bikes and then the next moment winging that they shouldn't take the win away from Bruce? So what do you actually want ?

Everyone has the opportunity to put in a protest at the end of the race. There are checks not only on the top 4 bikes but also a few others taken from the rest of the entry as a spot check. The only thing you can do to check for differences in injectors is to partially dismantle the bikes prior to a race. But then again I guess you would go ape about that as well Colin.... so all I can say is like it or lump it ... unless you can come up with something better ... shut up ..... or put your money where your mouth is and put a protest in ....

Why not put a list of the riders up on a post here and I am sure PP would love to hear from them.

Also the scrutineers get a real harsh deal from a load of riders and teams. So I think you should spend a little time in there Colin and then maybe you might realise. Don't forget they are volunteers as well and do this for nothing. Turn up early and are always available to talk to or get any information from if you need a hand.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2008, 11:39 PM by DCLUCIE.)
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Find Reply
ALP Offline

Threads: 2
I was talking to one of the Officials who confirmed that the Technical Officials had agreed that if a bike had a quickshift fitted, rather than having to remove the whole thing off the machine, it was OK to disable it (to the satisfaction of the Technical Officals) so the buttons may have been there, but they were tested to make sure they didn't actually work.
03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Quickshifters do not have buttons the whole unit is self contained in the gear lever mechinism.

It would be very very easy to disable it to the "satisfaction of the Technical Officals" and then with a flick of a switch it would be working again half way down Bray hill.

Frankly you've gone off topic.

The sole reason for homologation rules is to increase motorcycle sales. There is no other justification for them.

I defy anyone to provide me with a legimate reason for running the TT to these rules.........there is none

Yes sure it was not Bruces fault and sure maybe it was a human error that the poor camshaft grinder made but none the less if the stupid rule wasn't there then his human error would count for nothing.

What is the TT a race? or a test of a grinders micrometer skills ?
03-06-2008, 08:24 AM
crazy blanket Offline

Threads: 41
cargo Wrote:Quickshifters do not have buttons the whole unit is self contained in the gear lever mechinism.

It would be very very easy to disable it to the "satisfaction of the Technical Officals" and then with a flick of a switch it would be working again half way down Bray hill.

Frankly you've gone off topic.

The sole reason for homologation rules is to increase motorcycle sales. There is no other justification for them.

I defy anyone to provide me with a legimate reason for running the TT to these rules.........there is none

Yes sure it was not Bruces fault and sure maybe it was a human error that the poor camshaft grinder made but none the less if the stupid rule wasn't there then his human error would count for nothing.

What is the TT a race? or a test of a grinders micrometer skills ?

You know cargo...that is one of your most definitive and sensible answers I've ever read...and spot on too!!!! What on earth is the world coming too smilie
03-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
we have had all this before,,was it tony scott ?,so you would think an engine builder would double, treble, check dimensions,on the cams..who builds them ?,lets hear from him,poor bruce i cannot think of anything worse to happen to a rider..over to you hector,,
03-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Find Reply
Harvey T Offline

Threads: 16
I thought the point of Colin’s post was the inconsistency of it all.
Let the dug see the rabbit.
03-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

OK just to clarify a point.
I have been assured that NO Superstock bike racing in the Superstock race had a functioning quickshifter.

A every machine was checked the quickshifters were disconected from the loom and the connector wraped in tape.

So forget get about that red herrring
03-06-2008, 12:56 PM
FC
Unregistered

cargo Wrote:OK just to clarify a point.
I have been assured that NO Superstock bike racing in the Superstock race had a functioning quickshifter.

A every machine was checked the quickshifters were disconected from the loom and the connector wraped in tape.

So forget get about that red herrring

Cargo, whats the rules on using the engine out of a previous model in a new model, Im told that it has to be of the same year
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
cargo
Unregistered

Off the top of my head I'm not sure Colin

The full FIM Supersports and Superstock rules can be found on the FIM website

Takes ages to read it all
03-06-2008, 01:13 PM
samwise Offline

Threads: 4
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the various rules production-based? If you want to allow anything then the TT would be prototypes only, wouldn't it? There's got to be some rules to create a level playing field.
03-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Just had a look at the FIM rules and specifications, If ive read in properly then it could be that Steve Platters bikes may not have been legal, If the frame is a 08 model then anything that is fitted to the bike must be of the same year if any changes have been made on the previous models the 07 bike. Are the 07 and 08 R6 the same model

No

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/produc...ation.aspx
03-06-2008, 02:04 PM
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
http://www.fim.ch/en/default.asp?item=27#

The way it states what can and can't be done in SStock I can't see that you can change engines.. it looks like you're not allowed to change your socks!
SteveEnglish
03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

From FIM rules

2.9.7 PARTS AND PRODUCT UPDATE
Any change in the specifications of the following parts of a FIM homologated
motorcycle will require a new homologation of the model:
• Crankcase
• Cylinder
• Cylinder head
• Crankshaft, connecting rods
• Camshafts, valves
• Carburation instruments
• Frame: main dimensions [in relation to wheelbase, caster, steering
head angle, relative location of the swing-arm, relative location of rear
shock absorber(s) and linkages]
• New range of engine prefix numbers
• New range of frame prefix numbers
03-06-2008, 02:21 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Just a quick question... is there anything in the supplementary regs?
03-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Find Reply