Holiday advice
rabscallion Offline

Threads: 3
Holiday advice
I'm a regular at the TT but it's always a 'lads' event with the usual hostelries/entertainment and food outlets bing visited. This year I'm coming over with my good lady for the Manx. We're staying in Port Erin for the Week. Anyone have any tips for eating out and that kind of the thing? We are on the bike so travel not a problem.

Cheers,

Rob
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2008, 04:46 PM by rabscallion.)
05-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Find Reply
dellrandall Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Holiday advice
An idea for a wifey type of day out. A few years ago a friend and I got on to the steam railway to Douglas, then the Horse Tram along the prom, then the Electric Railway up to Snaefell. Of course there were plenty of refreshment stops along the way! A great day out & I didn`t even touch my bike keys all day. I think you can get some sort of supersaver ticket that covers everything, except the refreshments (beer) of course!
05-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Best places to eat IMHO Sulby Glen,
Marine Hotel on Peel Prom and my former local "The Bay", Port Erin.
Having said that, the Bay went off a bit & now has a new landlord, but it's still a Bushy's pub and the food is still good - or at least it was the last time I ventured the whole 28 miles down to PE to eat there....
Things can (7 do) change a lot in a year, so may I suggest you give me a shout nearer the time and I can give you an update as, I'm sure, will any other Manx residents using the forum.
See ya next year!
....scone out to take photos!
05-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
maggie Offline

Threads: 7
Toungue  RE: Holiday advice
You HAVE to try the ice-creams at Peel!!!!! Preferably (at least) one a day!
06-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
This is a gem but only if you like a little walk.
The Secret Pool.
If you follow the TT course to Milntown jump (just before school house straight Ramsey) turn right opposite the builders merchants about 50 yards before the jump, take the next right, only a 100 yards or so from memory(these are single file little lanes) then follow it until to reach the gate or end of the road. From there you walk, it is a gradual up hill walk looking at the stream to your left and the mountains ahead. I haven't been for 12 years but I think it was maybe a mile max until you cross the small stream ( more of a trickle at the crossing point), and there you will be greeted by a natural swimming pool, the stream enters as a waterfall and leaves the other end. It is always quiet, usually disserted, last time I was there I was skinny dipping but it is fresh COLD water so be warned ;-) and a fine place to get some fresh air, peace, scenery and time together. A picnic would be good, but make sure you choose a good day for the weather.
Enjoy
Russ Henley
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
06-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Website Find Reply
scruffy Offline

Threads: 11
You "OLD" romantic! smilie

I did'nt know you had it in you Russ!!
06-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
scruffy Wrote:You "OLD" romantic! smilie

Were can one get chips or a burger on the iom i am fed up with good food smiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
06-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

The Bag Wrote:The Secret Pool.
It is always quiet, usually disserted, last time I was there I was skinny dipping
a fine place to get some fresh air, peace, scenery and time together.

Well Russ, it ain't secret no more, so next time you go skinny dipping expect about 50 (at least!) TTwebsite fans to be up there, as well as the Gorse Lea marshals dragging all the photographers out of the hedges....
smilie
06-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
scruffy Wrote:You "OLD" romantic!

I'm dead romantic, if you go late at night, with a torch and get a move on you can enjoy a candle lit kebab under the stars Yahoo
boakesey Wrote:Well Russ, it ain't secret no more, so next time you go skinny dipping expect about 50 (at least!) TTwebsite fans to be up there, as well as the Gorse Lea marshals dragging all the photographers out of the hedges....
smilie

You welcome to photos of me skinny dipping so long as I don't get fined for causing distress to some old granny who logs onto wrong page and the proceeds of any sale goto helicopter fund smilie. I could regret this but hey who gives a rats ass smilie
Hope all you lucky people who were there had a good TT?
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
07-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

It was epic, Russ... you be over for the Manx? This old granny fancies a dip in the secret pool!smilie
07-06-2008, 10:30 AM
boakesey Away

thewitch Wrote:It was epic, Russ... you be over for the Manx? This old granny fancies a dip in the secret pool!smilie

Not possible, Helen.

Everyone knows that witches and water don't mix.... smilie

Perhaps a barbecue would be more of your thing Rolleyes

Perhaps I shouldn't go down to Billown today, methinks.

Oooopps
07-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Find Reply