Testing / Mike Crellin
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Testing / Mike Crellin
Been trying to get pix to upload etc. with mixed results - it works sometimes, but not always.

http://img55.imageshack.us/my.php?image=...t08ej8.jpg

This should work.....

[Image: michaelcrellintt08ej8.th.jpg]

Fingers crossed.
....scone out to take photos!
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2008, 09:19 PM by boakesey.)
05-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Testing / Mike Crellin
Nice shot, Liz!!
05-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Thanks, Larry!

BTW Does anyone have an email addy or other contact details for Mike (& / or John) Crellin.

He PMd me via the "other" site asking for pix but I'm having trouble replying to him (see my other post/thread) and I don't want to let him down.

Here's to a good and safe day's racing tomorrow & Saturday.
05-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Thank you, I like that photo; you can see his face, there are midges on the faring and it has some movement in the tyres and discs.

Almost as good as your 'Larry' series - plenty of atmosphere there!!!

With the equipment available today there are hundreds of perfectly frozen images of the TT but they do not convey the feel or location of the event.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
06-06-2008, 01:02 AM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Don Simons Wrote:Thank you, I like that photo; you can see his face, there are midges on the faring and it has some movement in the tyres and discs.

With the equipment available today there are hundreds of perfectly frozen images of the TT but they do not convey the feel or location of the event.

Cheers Don!

When I first stated photographing the races, I used to go for a fast shutter speed, like most people. It was when I started freelancing with IP that Monica Clark suggested I go down to a 250th to retain the sense of movement. It also gives better depth of field - especially for sidecars and handy when riders don't stick to the race line lol!

So Monica - thanks for the tip!!!
06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
boakesey Wrote:
Don Simons Wrote:Thank you, I like that photo; you can see his face, there are midges on the faring and it has some movement in the tyres and discs.

Cheers Don!

When I first stated photographing the races, I used to go for a fast shutter speed, like most people. It was when I started freelancing with IP that Monica Clark suggested I go down to a 250th to retain the sense of movement. It also gives better depth of field - especially for sidecars and handy when riders don't stick to the race line lol!

So Monica - thanks for the tip!!!

I knew there had to be a good reason why I didn't stick to my racing
line, Liz!!

smilie
06-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Find Reply