TT Stars in 10,000 ft Parachute Jump - Accomplished - Now with Photograph
ttwebsite Offline
Administrator

Threads: 44
Cool  TT Stars in 10,000 ft Parachute Jump - Accomplished - Now with Photograph
Rosie from the Sulby Glen, along with her four sons, including Dan and Matty Sayle, are preparing to do a 10,000 ft parachute jump along with 4 friends (see poster). This is to raise money for the Manx Grand Prix Rescue Helicopter Fund.

Get your hand in your pockets and support this very brave endeavour.

Sponsorship forms can be obtained by calling the Hotel on 01624 897240.

To make donations via [Image: paypal_logo.gif] click on the link HERE.

If you do not have a PayPal account, you will need to register for one, (it's free to do so).

Once you have accessed the Send Money section of the site, please enter the email account of mgpjump@manx.net as the recipient account for the donated amount being transferred.

[Image: sulbyglen2.jpg]

Many thanks, for and on behalf of Rosie, her family and friends.
Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by traffic from both sides.
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2008, 10:37 PM by Malcolm.)
20-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: TT Stars in 10,000 ft Parachute Jump (Plus mum).
Rather you than me, Rosie! £25 on its way.
20-06-2008, 02:35 PM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Anyone know where it's happening - I'd love to go and watch...?
....scone out to take photos!
20-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

If you're there, you're jumping, Boakesey!
20-06-2008, 07:06 PM
boakesey Away

thewitch Wrote:If you're there, you're jumping, Boakesey!

Can I take my camera?
20-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Find Reply
matthewsayle Offline

Threads: 14
It happening at Lancaster Airfeild on the 14th of July, every1 more than welcome to come and watch. i have just set up a paypal account and malcolm is goin to put a link on the site to make donations. I am goin across with them to WATCH, not as brave as them by no means...
hayley xxxxx

Link has been done for you by Saturday 09:00 - Malcolm.
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2008, 09:14 AM by Malcolm.)
20-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Oh Bu**er!

I'm away on a school trip from 13th - 19th July so I'll miss it!
21-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

RE: TT Stars in 10,000 ft Parachute Jump (Plus mum). - Updated with online payment details
I'll be donating tomorrow but I'd love to go and watch, but if you're there you're jumping??? Sorry can't do that I'm allergic to 10,000ft drops!!! Talk Rubbish
Always have been!!!!!!
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
21-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: TT Stars in 10,000 ft Parachute Jump (Plus mum). - Updated with online payment details
Pigfly Pigfly Pigfly Pigfly Pigfly Pigfly Pigfly Pigfly Pigfly

Oh, I think they would let you off, Russ... just bring lots of money!
If I turned up, I'd just fly around watching.......smilie
21-06-2008, 06:58 PM
The Bag Offline

Finally got my payment done, I'd forgot to update my paypal payment thingymidgigy.
YOU might be SURE they'd let me off Helen but I'M CONVINCED they might NOT!!!! As said, its one thing falling 2 foot off a motorcycle but 10,000ft from a perfectly good plane is another thing all together. MAD they are.
Good Luck to all of you!!!
Bonk
Russ
24-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Yes, Russ, and it's one thing jumping, but another being chucked..........:AB
24-06-2008, 07:02 PM
matthewsayle Offline

thank you for that Russ, glad to see u got your thingymidgigy sorted.
U can come keep Eddie an i company watching them if u like Russ.....
Please everybody, keep the donations coming.
Hayley
xxxx
24-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
matthewsayle Offline

Mum here Russ, If you can make it to watch you are more than welcome. and we won't make you jump. I am sure if we all make it back to firm ground there will be alot of beer drunk that night. Party ON.
On a more serious note the cost of suppling the two rescue helicopters has gone up to £74,000.00 this year, so I'll do what I can but want to thank you to all of you who help us.

BIG THANKYOU from MUM (Rosie) x X X x
25-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

I was just checking out where Lancaster airfield is and realised that the 14th is a Monday so I gotta work that day as I need to stack up the brownie points now I've been given start permission to goto The Manx Yahoo
Enjoy
Russ
25-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
Speaking as one of the jumping friends,most of my friends think I am crackers,not for jumping but agreeing to having a man strapped to my back.No escape
25-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
Katie Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Darn! I'm away on holiday on the 14th, otherwise I'd be watching. I live near Lancaster, would have been able to see this from the house if I'd been home.
26-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Find Reply
matthewsayle Offline

Mum. Again (Rosie)

I am a bit disspointed in the support. Come boys, !!!! We are all doing this to support you in your sport. how about you all supporting us. It is no mean thing to jump out of a plane 2 miles high. I was over in Manchester last week end and it is the first time I have had time to think about what we are doing, when you look out the window it is a long way down.

I would like your help with the cash to bring over the Rescue Helicopters but I know we can all be a bit short from time to time, I do what I can to help you all racing and it is the same few faces who turn up each time. Even if you can't afford sponsorship just a little bit of encouragement would be nice. We hope to have raised over £3,000 at the end off it. For those of you on the Island we are having a "Cave Reunion " in the Marquee on July 4th agin all the funds raised will go to the MGP Rescue Helicopter. Ticket only admitttance. £5.00 each. Raffle etc.

The jump takes place at the Black Knights Parachute Center just outside lancaster, it would be nice to see some off you there.

While I am here......The Mhelliah is the first Saturday in October 4th at 8.00pm
26-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Come on, guys (and gals)! How many of you either compete or support a competitor in the Manx.. is your partner competing, or your friend?Bonk
We NEED YOUR MONEY to pay for the helicopter cover in practice week... without it all riders (and marshals and spectators) are that much more vulnerable if they need emergency care.smilie
COUGH UP... send Rosie a cheque, some cash, or pay through your Paypal.....NOWsmilie
A Tenner each... at least... more from rich people like Colinsmilie....Lol! (He's made a bonny job of the wedding cake, although I think I spotted where he missed a bit.... hope HRH doesn't noticesmilie smilie
26-06-2008, 07:42 PM
hayley Offline

Threads: 19
They are for Race week 2 Helen, not just practice wk, and they also help the day to day manx public too, responding to every 999 call made if needed to.
xx
26-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Find Reply
hayley Offline

Threads: 19
Well hello everybody,
Hayley here.
Just back this morning from the jump, what a brill day.....
We arrived at lancaster airfeild at 8am yesterday, all ready to do the training and jump, But......
The cloud was that low that nobody jumped till half 6 that evening, yes a some 10 an a half hours after we arrived.
But never the less in true Sulby glen style we had a great time filling in those 10 hours, with Dan's bottom giving us reminders of every meal he had ate in the past 24hours, Rosie, Viv, Olive and myself playing rummy and ludo (which mite i add ended in mother dear well an truly spitting her dummy out an taking all the pieces of the board and packing it away with the game only half way thro), the boys talking general bike chit chat and of cause, all of us wondering if they were goin to get to do the jump.
Then at 6.15pm they called the 1st set of names, Nicola (who was not with the sulby glen jump, it was her 21st birthday) And Brett the 1st of the 4 friends to jump.....
Both came down and loved it, Brett was left with a little stingin reminder of just how tight the harness was (poor Brett).
Then it was Dan, Bobby, and Laura..... Now everybody, Dan is used to going at some silly speeds, but when dan came down he was as white as a ghost lol, but he was the 1st to do some big big spins and had a go of controling it him self, he loved every minute of it and asked straight away when could he do it again, (but that comes of no suprise to us all does it, as we all know Dan has no brains in there).
We were watchin Bobby coming down and we all noticed that he wasn't coming down to where everybody else was landin, (trust bobby) He landed in the next field and had to be picked up in a car, He did say that was a good thing as none of us seen him crying on the way down (he was jokin, he loved it).
Then poor Laura, the girl was very quiet all day in the lead up to this, but she came down laughin an loving every minute of it too.
Then Came Paul, Sadie and Kev's turn....... Well Sadi was raring to go and i am sure we heard her coming down from 13000 ft, she was screaming with laughter all the way, and the same as Dan has asked when she can do it again.
Then there was Paul, Who went a funny shade of green in the plane but once he was out and enjoyin the jump, he loved it too...
Then Kev, well have u all seen the video to that crazy frog song, well Kev looked the double of him (sorry kev) and u could hear Kev scraming YAHHHHOOOOO all the way down, but he landed with bit of a crash landing and hurt his botty lol, but he too loved it.
And at 7.45pm that left a young man called Chris who had came on his own to do the jump and Mum......
Well Chris the poor lad, i am surprised that he had any soles left on his trainers as he had paced up an down for the 11 hours. When he landed he stayed on the ground for a while, and when he got up he was even whiter than Dan....
That left Mum...........
We were all lookin up to see where she was and then we seen her, comin out of the clouds flaoting nicely. When we could just about see her we could see that she was waving to us all on the ground, she looked as if she was just suspending in mid air, not moving, taking everything in.
When she got to the ground in a very elegant manner she stood up and everybody cheered, Rosie had jumped out a plane at 14000ft.
When asked how she felt she replied 'FANTASTIC' and when asked if she would do it again she replied 'O YES'.
So that was everybody from the Sulby Glen Hotel Sky Diving team back on the ground and we all made our way to a pub near buy to celebrate...
All in all it was a Fantastic day that i for one am glad i did not miss, so very proud of them all.

A few thank you's....
4Hire centre for the sonsorship of both the mini buses
Steam Packet for help with travel costs
Everybody who has sponsored them on any of the many sponsor forms there was out there.
The 6 people who took the time in sponsoring them via Paypal, u know who u are.
Nicola and Her Mum for stayin till every1 of our team had jumped

But last but by no means least,....
Graham McDonough, who travelled to lancaster to support us, who sat with us for the whole 13 hours we were there, who took us to the shop on a ciggy run and all in all was a star, Thank you Graham.

Just 1 last thing, its not to late to sponsor us we receive sponsor money for a month after the jump............

[Image: sulbyjump1.jpg]

Hayley
xxxxxxxxxxx
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2008, 10:35 PM by Malcolm.)
15-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Find Reply