Road Chaos
FC
Unregistered

Road Chaos
After what went on yesterday I would say that the MGP is in for a lot of stick, Traffic was backed up all around Douglas last night and was utter chaos. I for one after spending a hard day at work was stuck in traffic for two hours and it was not fun. If this is the result of road traffic management t o work arroung the MGP, then I for one will now have to agree that its time to take a hard look at the event, is it worth keeping, maybe not.
28-08-2008, 04:33 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Road Chaos
With friends like you, Colin, the MGP doesn't need any enemies.
28-08-2008, 05:19 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Colin alot of this is down to idiots blocking round abouts and junctions. They are the ones you should be aiming your shots at.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
28-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

If people had taken the repeated advice given on the radio, the jams would not have been as bad. However, they all, selfishly, thought someone else could do that.
Some of us were busy until much later helping others enjoy their sport... and enjoying doing it. Never saw any traffic jams!
28-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Threads: 4
I did notice a lot more traffic on the Island this year- there seemed to be more Cars than ever before.
However, even taking this into account, normally driving on the Island is a breeze compared with the M1, M6 and M25 most of the time! On the way over to catch the Heysham ferry, it took me and hour and a quarter to travel the last 7 miles due to road works leading into Morcambe .
Arrived back home last night after a 4 1/2 hour drive from Heysham, a lot more tiring than the normal 1/2 hour back to our Castletown digs after practice or races are over.

Here's hoping the races go ahead tommorrow- fingers (and toes) crossed!
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
28-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

DCLUCIE Wrote:Colin alot of this is down to idiots blocking round abouts and junctions. They are the ones you should be aiming your shots at.

Why was the access road being used during the break from racing,
28-08-2008, 10:43 PM
ali Offline

Threads: 5
douglas prom/sea terminal/bus station area is grid locked most days at lunchtimes and teatimes this is without road closures. you cannot blame TT or MGP it happens all year round.
28-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

ali Wrote:douglas prom/sea terminal/bus station area is grid locked most days at lunchtimes and teatimes this is without road closures. you cannot blame TT or MGP it happens all year round.
Agreed Ali, but its never taken me 2 hours to get home something I can do any other time in 15 mins
28-08-2008, 11:36 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

I suggest that Colin and anyone else who has to get around Douglas in particular today listen to the radio (Don't accept you are employed by someone who won't let you, Colin... you work for Colin!) and follow the advice given by the police etc.
Any more anti-MGP posts will be zapped. This is TTwebsite... we are, not surprisingly, keen to see the TT and Manx prosper, so CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is encouraged, but rants are not.
Here's hoping for reasonable weather, an ontime start and safe, fast racing.
29-08-2008, 06:47 AM
FC
Unregistered

From H&S safety Rules. The use of radios on sites is forbidden, but what difference does that make when MR are saying that they are not being kept up to date with traffic conditions.

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=24862
29-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
Sorry to drag this subject up but I've just arrived back in Oz and am pleased to say that I can now log into website with ease. I have a lot of catching up to do and this thread was the first. Obviously the Olympics 'stole' my link between my computer and web site. True story.
I was sitting at Braddon Bridge on this particular day. Two ambulances were seen leaving the hospital along the narrow secondary road during races, obviously to attend 'non race related' incidents and in addition to this I was told that the bridge across the harbour had been opened. For how long I do not know. I was also informed the previous week by a taxi driver that there was always chaos at the sea terminal.
07-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Find Reply