The big night out
thewitch
Unregistered

The big night out
I didn't really take time to thank everyone who turned up at the Cat with No Tail for the night out. It was wonderful to see you all there and to meet some of you for the first time.
I was particularly pleased to see a very fit and well Steve Ferguson, and to meet Nic too.
Kim landed a fine lap with Cargo, and everyone seemed to have a good time.
There was a fair intake of good beer... must have been cos I couldn't get another real beer late on as it had run out!
The Witch will, of course, be holding magic nights out at future events, such as the TT, but I just want to say, if any of you are across outside racing season, please get in touch... helenbmerry at manx.net... and if you need a place to stay, let me know.
I'll think of you all in the cold, wet winter (much like the cold, wet summer) as I sit by my coal and sod fire, in my little Manx house!! Lol!smilie
03-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Kimbiker Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The big night out
Thanks you too for getting it all together Helen. It was a good opportunity to put faces to the 'handles'.

As you mention, the lap with Cargo was the bees, and without wanting to make him too big headed his commentary was better than any 'on yer bike' DVD.

He could make a fortune at the TT.

But seriously, to have explained to me the apparent 'bends' which are really straights on the racing lines, peeling in markers, braking points, how easy Bray Hill is to descend (err umm) in a straightish line etc etc was a real 'kid in a sweet shop' 1 hour 23 minute lap for me (thanks again Cargo).

Great bunch of people to meet.
Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
04-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Cargo didn't tell me it was a fast lap!! LOL!
04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Kimbiker Offline

Thanks you too for getting it all together Helen. It was a good opportunity to put faces to the 'handles'.

As you mention, the lap with Cargo was the bees, and without wanting to make him too big headed his commentary was better than any 'on yer bike' DVD.

He could make a fortune at the TT.

But seriously, to have explained to me the apparent 'bends' which are really straights on the racing lines, peeling in markers, braking points, how easy Bray Hill is to descend (err umm) in a straightish line etc etc was a real 'kid in a sweet shop' 1 hour 23 minute lap for me (thanks again Cargo).

Great bunch of people to meet.
Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I wish I could ride as good a lap as I can describe

Glad you enjoyed it Kim all you need now is credit card, a race licence, a TT course licence , a van, a bike or two, a good pit crew, an understanding family, another credit card, a box of tools, a compressor, an awing, a tent/caravan, some ferry tickets, two more credit cards, give up any sort of normal lfe, chop pallets to keep warm in winter, on going supplies of credit cards, ...........................................................etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

And then maybe you could do it too

I'll be back Yahoo
04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
pete Offline

I did'nt get to The Manx this year unf definetly won't miss it for world next year cargo see u at killalane u still gonna sell me that reg on ur van? smilie smilie smilie smilie
05-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Find Reply
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
A great night Helen, many thanks for enabling us to meet up so many. I'll be back...........
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
07-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Looks like I missed a good night then, I did arrive but not until about 830pm as I was running on Spooner time which is by tradition around 2 hrs later than GMT or BST!!!! The only new face I got to meet was Boaksey and I saw her again at The Sulby Glen on Monday race week, she then made me a caption comp!!!!! Rolleyes
I did however meet Jan Grainger who visited The Scone Palace, against advice given by CARGO!!!!! Bonk What a happy lady she is Yahoo
Cheers
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2008, 05:35 PM by The Bag.)
08-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Maybe get you to do the scones next year, then, Russ??
08-09-2008, 06:26 PM
cargo
Unregistered

I'll leave to each individual to identfy themselves.

I think I can say that evening was one of the highlights of the Manx I am of course refering to the Governors party was was held the same night that this sorry bunch met up smilie

[Image: ttwebsitegathering.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0335.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0329.jpg]
11-09-2008, 11:25 AM
arzed Offline

Threads: 9
I was just reminded by "The Bag" about Boaksey's Caption Comp. What happened to it? I never got to know who had the winning caption Tongue
11-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I'll see if I can find out. I believe she may have eaten the prize...... Bdaycake
11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
thewitch Wrote:I'll see if I can find out. I believe she may have eaten the prize...... Bdaycake

Yup. Scone........
....scone out to take photos!
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Not a crumb left....................Sad
11-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
The Bag Wrote:Looks like I missed a good night then, I did arrive but not until about 830pm as I was running on Spooner time which is by tradition around 2 hrs later than GMT or BST!!!! The only new face I got to meet was Boaksey and I saw her again at The Sulby Glen on Monday race week, she then made me a caption comp!!!!! Rolleyes
I did however meet Jan Grainger who visited The Scone Palace, against advice given by CARGO!!!!! Bonk What a happy lady she is Yahoo
Cheers
Russ
Thanks Russ. I am sorry I didn't get back to have another chat however the lady I was with took some photos and when she gets back from her travels I'm sure she'll send them to me. Great to put a face to those who I have been chatting to on the forum for all these years. BTW I missed out on the Scones..next time, maybe.
11-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Another picture

[Image: KIMBIKER.jpg]
12-09-2008, 04:55 AM
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
So, who's who then? I was 'otherwise engaged' having dinner with the author of TT & MGP Memorial...
12-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

These are, of course, the 3 Wise Man... I will leave people to identify themselves, and look forward to seeing you in the next set of pictures when the Witch next has a Coven meeting!!smilie
In pictures 2 & 3 The Witch is the one with the red "TTwebsite" shirt (worn over a Neighbourhood Witch t-shirt!), and, invariably, a pint!Good Witch
12-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Kimbiker Offline

Can't see the piccys at work (blocked on the Council system).

Got 'em at the weekend.......that's me, picture 2 next to The Witch, green T shirt, can't see me Guy Martin logo though, got my arms folded !Rolleyes
Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
15-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Find Reply