Question from some marshalls
FC
Unregistered

Question from some marshalls
I have been asked to post a question on here by some of the MGP/TT Marshall's, so what you read Helen, don't spit the dummy out please.

At the Marshall's night out the Marshall's were given a voucher for a free drink yet there were some people at the function that did not Marshall or have anything to do with the races that had pockets full of beer vouchers.

Also why do the officials have a separate night out with better quality food and a free bar for all all night, are they any different from the ones that spend all their free time in all weathers out on the track to ensure the racing goes ahead.

They would like to know the answer to this please as some are now thinking that the 'pee' is being taken.

As I said this is not from me but from a concerned group of Marshall's who would like their identity kept off record. After being asked this I do think it is an issue worth discussion.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008, 10:59 AM by Malcolm.)
04-09-2008, 10:30 AM
cargo
Unregistered

RE: Question from some marshalls
Here's a question from me

Why if it is so important don't you type out your queries in a letter stick in an envelope and post it to the TTMA?

I was at the marshals supper I didn't see anyone with "pockets full" of beer vouchers and the quality of the food at the marshals supper could not have been better as the same person did the food at the governers party, The food was excellent at both functions.

Just think if you'd taken the trouble to marshal then maybe you could have joined in all the fun yourself
04-09-2008, 11:01 AM
T-M Offline

Threads: 2
I think in general people attending the 'officials do' are people who put in time throughout the year in preparation for the event etc, so I imagine it's a bit of a thank you for that?
04-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Just for the sake of a clear view on this Colin, the officials thankyou dinner, held on Monday night, was very lightly attended this year due to the fact that the vast majority of people who were invited were still at the grandstand putting the hours in after Mondays races to get the results and all the meetings such as the jury meetings out of the way. This all done so they could concentrate on the next races, getting the entries right and numbers allocated and sorting out the final entry lists. Some of them had been there since 8 in the morning and as we all know the dealed start ment for a late finnish.

So Colin you should be happy that your concerned friends were actually there, unlike so many officials who obviously don't deserve anything at all in your view....... and why are you so keen to support the marshalls now? when you obviously didnt want to support them during the Manx by signing on and helping the TTMA out...... or is it just a case of something to moan about ... again .......
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008, 01:36 PM by DCLUCIE.)
04-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Find Reply
kmckay Offline

Threads: 1
Well, the only people I saw with any number of beer tickets were the TTMA directors, and they were handing out said
tickets to the marshals.

If any of them decided to award themselves an extra pint then good luck to 'em I say. The TTMA did an incredible
job keeping the course manned during the MGP though all the delays, cancellations and awful weather.

Applause to the Orange Army!
Ramsey, IoM
04-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Cargo if you read the posting it says that I was asked to post the question on here, so I did, its not my rant or any of my business who got what free-be. I was given the names of those involved but don't think its right to post them up.
Same answer to you too Clucie I don't give a flying F*** who got what. As for marshal ling and YOU say I don't get involved, well you are totally wrong, I have offered my services to the sector marshal at any point Ive been watching, but only if they are really stuck. I have put more than enough time in the past into marshal ling as well as working on bikes at the same time. I now want to watch and enjoy the bikes at my own leisure. And I'm not the last person to put my hand in my pocket to buy a pint for the marshals at my favorite spots. Oh and I forgot to mention Ive had vans at points of the track for bike recovery at every practice just in case a rider needs to get back for another lap, also carry a scooter in my van which has been used many a time by riders in need, OK
04-09-2008, 06:15 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
ooooooo Colin ..... looks like we have touched a nerve ...... if you say you have been asked, then ask them to join the site and we can all go from there. if you don't give a flying then I am sure you should have told the marshals that they only need to ask I am sure that the TTMA would have given them the tickets they required....to get lashed up .... and why not..... But Colin if you start a thread and give the officials a hard time of it then don't be so surprised when you get it thrown back in your face ..... name them and I am sure the TTMA would only be too pleased to send them an e-mail , also if you don't like the answers then don't ask the questions Colin ........

By the way I do understand that you have provided loads of support in the past and have put your hand in your pocket on many many occasions. You should be congratulated on that Colin. I was making the point that you didn't want to marshal, as you have said in so many of your posts, and yet are only too happy to post something like this, why not just say to them to contact the TTMA?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2008, 09:01 PM by DCLUCIE.)
04-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

DCLUCIE Wrote:ooooooo Colin ..... looks like we have touched a nerve ...... if you say you have been asked, then ask them to join the site and we can all go from there. if you don't give a flying then I am sure you should have told the marshals that they only need to ask I am sure that the TTMA would have given them the tickets they required....to get lashed up .... and why not..... But Colin if you start a thread and give the officials a hard time of it then don't be so surprised when you get it thrown back in your face ..... name them and I am sure the TTMA would only be too pleased to send them an e-mail , also if you don't like the answers then don't ask the questions Colin ........

By the way I do understand that you have provided loads of support in the past and have put your hand in your pocket on many many occasions. You should be congratulated on that Colin. I was making the point that you didn't want to marshal, as you have said in so many of your posts, and yet are only too happy to post something like this, why not just say to them to contact the TTMA?

I did, was asked politely to post it, they may have a reason and may be members I dont know.
Its not that I wont marshall, I dont realy want to as I said I want to get about and watch the races and at all times I always ask if they need me as a last resort then ok, whats wrong with that. Oh I did help at one practice TT for a short time untill a late one turned up smilie
04-09-2008, 09:53 PM
cargo
Unregistered

OK then................

Would all those forum members who are marshals who have been e-mailing Colin please e-mail me with all your concerns regarding this matter. I will gladly seek answers to any questions from the TTMA. I'm already involved with them on another matter.

Have no fear I will not name names just ask the questions, given what I've been told my inbox will be overflowing with beer vouchers Wink

Use this address....................

ttwebsite@talktalk.net

I check it most days
05-09-2008, 04:57 AM
FC
Unregistered

CARGO IS

[Image: cargo.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2008, 06:54 PM by Malcolm.)
05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
FC Wrote:CARGO IS

[Image: cargo.jpg]

Go and do some painting ColinBonk

Maybe the Isle of man could have a better reputation to the world, with less complaints on the internet eh?
I can fix anything!
05-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Its OK for you SHORTY, sunning your bottom down under you aint got to put up with this for 10 months of the year.

http://www.dotet.co.uk/index.php?type=we...e=a18south

or this

http://www.gov.im/tourism/webcam/Webcam.aspx
05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
FC Wrote:Its OK for you SHORTY, sunning your bottom down under you aint got to put up with this for 10 months of the year.

or this

I WOULD LIVE ON THE ISLAND AS FAST AS JM can ride there!

My wife would love to as well

Now stop bitching and start drinking, and stay of the comp
I can fix anything!
05-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Shaun Harris Wrote:
FC Wrote:Its OK for you SHORTY, sunning your bottom down under you aint got to put up with this for 10 months of the year.

or this

I WOULD LIVE ON THE ISLAND AS FAST AS JM can ride there!

My wife would love to as well

Now stop bitching and start drinking, and stay of the comp

Worst weather on record mate, Your other half would soon get fed up,

Roll on Daytona next month and March

[Image: P1000090.jpg]
05-09-2008, 07:52 PM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
FC Wrote:Worst weather on record mate, Your other half would soon get fed up,

Yup - it's ALMOST (but not quite) as bad as Dundrod last month...

Driving home this evening the Fire Brigade were all out at Ballaugh bridge putting sandbags out as the river was about to burst its banks and the main road was flooded.

Lots of floods along Sulby way, too and all around the island, according to Manx radio.

Thank goodness this week wasn't Race Week.

Still, schools are back next week, so the weather is bound to improve then ....
..... I hope Wink

Boakesey
....scone out to take photos!
05-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Daytona Bike week, OOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo Cant wait to get back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pdRNg2E...re=related
05-09-2008, 08:05 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Colin gets slated for posting what others think i marshalled at the TT for years but the marshalls supper was divided couple of pints for us and the ACU wine galore BonkBonkBonk
Roll on Kells 2010
05-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Calling AGO MURPHY are you here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFErnRigCB0
05-09-2008, 08:22 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

The ACU are not involved in the MGP, and as a marshal, I was delighted with the meal and the great company at the Marshal's supper, including the hard-pressed Clerk of the Course.
We each had a free beer voucher for a couple of pubs in town (didn't use mine) and a free drink at the Marshal's supper. My only gripe is that I didn't win anything in the raffles!!
Didn't see any bundles of beer vouchers and wouldn't have wanted them anyway... there's not that much time to drink in practice and race week.
I'm very happy with the way the TTMA and the MMCC are operating. For those who are not involved, and, in some cases, not even attending the event, to criticise, is a bit rich.
If anyone, rider, marshal or whoever wants to complain they should do it themselves, and Colin, you should know better than carrying tales.
05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
FC
Unregistered

I have spoke to one of the marshalls involved and he has apologized to me for what he thought would have been of interest to someone, but he still stands by his comments and will bring it to the attention of others.
Don't blame the messenger.

Anyway its about time they got paid.
05-09-2008, 09:15 PM