IN MEMORY OF MARTIN
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13
IN MEMORY OF MARTIN
Martin Jennings of Beacon,Nr.Camborne, Cornwall tragically died when competing in the 1987 Manx Grand Prix.

Here is a tribute to him by the bikers of Cornwall.
THE MARTIN JENNINGS MEMORIAL RUN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b5Cbo2yPCM&NR=1
15-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

RE: IN MEMORY OF MARTIN
75 views to date and no comments.

Hey, who cares anyway, apart from the bikers of Cornwall who remember him in this annual charity run.
16-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
I remember...

I've got a picture of him in his last race at the Waterworks. I'll get round to scanning it one day.
16-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

sticky Wrote:I remember...

I've got a picture of him in his last race at the Waterworks. I'll get round to scanning it one day.

I would love to see it.
See your PMs.
(This post was last modified: 17-09-2008, 06:44 PM by Rocket Man.)
17-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Find Reply
nicijay Offline

Threads: 0
Rocket Man Wrote:75 views to date and no comments.

Hey, who cares anyway, apart from the bikers of Cornwall who remember him in this annual charity run.

I'm quite sure lots of people care - good on you all!
RIP Martin - obviously you're not forgotten
18-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

nicijay Wrote:
Rocket Man Wrote:75 views to date and no comments.

I'm quite sure lots of people care - good on you all!
RIP Martin - obviously you're not forgotten

Thanks for that.
19-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Rocket man, I sympathise with your comments on the lack of responses, however I think it is more symptomatic of the lethargy surrounding this forum rather than any disrespect to Martin. I'm afraid I didn't know Martin, but wondered why you chose that date to post the message. Was it his birthday?
I think it is extremely sobering that he is remembered over 20 years after you have lost him.
I lost my Nephew in the TT, and I'm aware that many on this forum have lost friends, relatives, and loved ones to the sport we love. You are quite right to sustain his memory, and you deserved a little more support.
23-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

I don't even know the date of Martins birthday, but i just thought by posting video footage of what we get up to down here in Cornwall, by remembering one of our own who died racing on the mountain circuit in 1987, would have had a few more comments from further afield.

The first run was in 1988 and attracted about 130 bikes, today it has become the biggest charity bike run in Cornwall with approximatly 1,300 entry raising thousands of pounds for local charities.

The run takes place every year on the 2nd Sunday in September to coincide as close as possible with the Manx GP.
(This post was last modified: 23-01-2009, 06:00 PM by Rocket Man.)
23-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Good on ya rocket Man, it takes people like yourself to keep the memories of those who raced alive. I am sure there are more runs and outings out there for lads who have raced and tragically died doing the thing they love best. Keep it up fella
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
24-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Find Reply