Dtl Unveils Exciting Strategy To Ensure The Future Of The Tt
Newsbut Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Dtl Unveils Exciting Strategy To Ensure The Future Of The Tt
The Department of Tourism and Leisure have announced exciting new plans to ensure the future viability of the TT races.

Following an exhaustive tender process the Department are delighted to announce that next years event will be held on a 15 mile closed road circuit close to Newtown, Mid Wales. Minister for Tourism Mr Martin Quayle commented "The location rights contract is a pivotal part of our plans in developing the commercial value and building the long term future of the TT races. We believe that having Wales on board will help us to achieve our objectives. Their pitch also stood out as one that will revolutionise the characteristics of the course and will appeal to race and non-race fans.

With the oil price currently sitting at 95 dollars a barrel, and likely to rise to 300 dollars a barrel in the next 3 years, something had to be done to ensure the affordability of travel for the riders, teams, spectators, organisers, pr companies, hospitality providers, sponsorship and television companies. The Welsh Development Agency were delighted to be able to put together a package to secure the location rights for the event. Rhodri Morgan AM, First Minister of the National Assembly for Wales commented "The TT Races remains one of the world’s most iconic sporting events and we are delighted to be joining the team. We will certainly be looking to get under the skin of the event and its personalities to make this extraordinary event a must-visit for spectators across the globe – and not just for bike fans. We believe we can bring everything we’ve learned from our work in the National Eisteddfod in Cardiff and the Wales Rally GB to the TT – it’s a genuinely exciting opportunity.”

Anticipating some concern from local fans and marshals the Department are delighted to have secured a reduced price travel package for Isle of Man residents wishing to visit the event. There will be a total of 120 places on selected overnight sailings available for locals wishing to attend the event. Passengers will also receive a "Pie and Pint voucher". It is understood that members and Officials of the Department of Tourism and Leisure will travel in the Mannanan lounge.
16-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
RE: Dtl Unveils Exciting Strategy To Ensure The Future Of The Tt
Greenpeace have issued a statement that they will be sending the Rainbow Warrior 2 with inflatable boats to aid in the evacuation of the IOM. A spokesperson said this demonstrates Greenpeace's long term commitment to saving Wales.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
17-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
chief constable brunstrom.is over the moon.and has ordered 10 new radar vans.and has put his retirement on the back burner.some good has come out of this
19-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Find Reply
Kenny Offline

Threads: 4
Don Simons Wrote:Greenpeace have issued a statement that they will be sending the Rainbow Warrior 2 with inflatable boats to aid in the evacuation of the IOM. A spokesperson said this demonstrates Greenpeace's long term commitment to saving Wales.

Now thats just daft.......first off Greenpeace are still rescuing people from the MGP paddock and would be far too busy to attend and secondly I hear the Isles of Scilly have won the TT contract with their offer of start money plus one scone. smilie
19-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Perhaps the MMCC could arrange to get the Time Team mob back on the Island to help with excavating the stragglers from the Paddock. 'Geo Phys' could be used to identify the remains of any bikes (or even riders) sucked into the quagmire.
19-09-2008, 12:37 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

SENSATION! Analysis of the gooey gunk in the bottom paddock has revealed that it is not indeed, MUD, but the remains of a gargantuan SCONE. Bdaycake
Interpol are now seeking the saboteur who caused this mayhem. smilie
A brief description cites two men (well... they think they are men) one in trendy long shorts, and the other wearing a rather distinctive hat. They may exude an odour of fresh cream and jam.smilie
DO NOT APPROACH THESE PEOPLE. THEY MAY BE CARRYING SCONES.smilie

smiliePigfly
19-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
My contacts, who cannot be revealed, have uncovered a conspiracy at the very heart of affairs on the IOM. It seems fantastic but the Macquary Bank Group of Australia who own the Steam Packet have vociferously protested against the secret plan to have the entire island towed and attached to the coast of Wales. Fearing a dramatic drop in sales they have offered to concrete the entire pit area and restore the Queen Victoria Pier in Ramsey if this plan is voted down.
My usual source Bill Snelling said he Dudno anything about it.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
19-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Aha! The said Bill Snelling said he was going off to Italy... was he really, or was this a trip to Oz to commune with the Evil Empire, and have the TT entirely converted to Camping Gaz vehicles, only provided from one source.... (or was there something funny in that orange juice I had at lunchtime?)smilie smilie smilie smilie
19-09-2008, 02:23 PM
cargo
Unregistered

The last MGP rider in the paddock is refusing to leave until the showers are fixed and have hot water...............

[Image: mud.jpg]
19-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Ciao
"You been talking about me"?
Wonder whether McQuarrie will be bidding for Gatwick Airport - today Douglas - tomorrow the world!
Italy it is folks, with traditional Manx weather this morning - rain!
And not a scone in sight!
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
21-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Website Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Bill Snelling Wrote:Italy it is folks, with traditional Manx weather this morning - rain!

Sorry Bill - should have warned you....

... R & R really stands for

Rain and (even more) Rain.... Rolleyes

Hope the sun comes out soon.
....scone out to take photos!
21-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Find Reply
steveJR Offline

Threads: 3
Well Newsbut; If they 'are' moving the TT to Newtown mid-Wales.
And if its true that oil will be 300 dollars a barrel in the next 3 years.
Then at least it will save on the ferry fares for the 'mainlanders'. Also, we can get out our touring cycles (to save on the overhiked petrol prices you claim to come!) or go by train if theyre not delayed, cancelled or got the wrong kind of rain, leaves or snow on the tracks! LOL!
Seriously,the IOM lose the TT..cant see that happening!?
Thats like Bonnie without Clyde.. ah!
Stop your bike..relax the whole day; Don't think that you have'nt travelled anywhere! You've just been all around the 'Globe'!!
23-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Wonder if we could enter pushbikes in the new TTXGP thingi..............
23-09-2008, 02:14 PM
GREEBA#94 Offline

Threads: 11
Posted by thewitch - Today 01:14 PM

Helen,

Nice to see someone still calls them Pushbikes,the abuse i get from my two. They are bikes now apparently, could explain why i am having trouble locating a pushbike carrier for my chariot.

Greeba#94
23-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Find Reply
steveJR Offline

Threads: 3
GREEBA#94 Wrote:
Posted by thewitch - Today 01:14 PM

Helen,

Nice to see someone still calls them Pushbikes,the abuse i get from my two. They are bikes now apparently, could explain why i am having trouble locating a pushbike carrier for my chariot.

Greeba#94
Well Greeba #94, to be truthful. I call them pushbikes too..most of the time. A 'pain in the b...' any other time! But with or without a gel seat you will definitely hope it is a touring bike if want to make it there and back in comfort! LOL
Stop your bike..relax the whole day; Don't think that you have'nt travelled anywhere! You've just been all around the 'Globe'!!
23-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Find Reply