what will they be riding (green t.t)
andy kirk Offline

Threads: 18
what will they be riding (green t.t)
anybody got any info i have seen one of the bikes in the paper looked like a bmx push bike Rolleyes any body got any info on this ?? going to be very strange watching a silent bike going past and the poor old commentators. no more i can hear him coming upto ramsey hairpin know (not) all very strange. do you think the manx gov has been sold a kipper so to speak smilie

and how many are actually going to ride in this event ??

questions ?? questions ?? has any one got any answers ??
18-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Find Reply
desmophile Offline

Threads: 1
RE: what will they be riding (green t.t)
andy kirk Wrote:anybody got any info i have seen one of the bikes in the paper looked like a bmx push bike Rolleyes any body got any info on this ?? going to be very strange watching a silent bike going past and the poor old commentators. no more i can hear him coming upto ramsey hairpin know (not) all very strange. do you think the manx gov has been sold a kipper so to speak smilie

and how many are actually going to ride in this event ??

questions ?? questions ?? has any one got any answers ??

I almost willing to bet that none of them will get to Ramsey, all except the official Honda entry that this race is being put on for.

Of course, if Honda were beaten, or broke down, what would their excuse be? As we all know, Hondas never have mechanical breakdowns just electrical problems....
19-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Find Reply
samthesidecar Offline

Threads: 0
As the Anti Cycle Union are insisting that all riders in the TTXGP have National Road Race & Mountain Course licences, I doubt (hope) that this thing will not get off the ground.

Is there going to be supplementary training for marshals - I know how to handle a wrecked petrol powered bike, but not one of these things (maximum permitted voltage 1000v., potentially more battery acid than we're used to dealing with etc.)

Whilst I'm not anti alternative fuels, the most demanding road racing course in the world is not the place to experiment.

I also find it amazing that time can be found for separate pracice sessions for TTXGP, but not for pure bred racing bikes, which again are consigned to Billown.
19-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
samthesidecar Wrote:I also find it amazing that time can be found for separate pracice sessions for TTXGP, but not for pure bred racing bikes, which again are consigned to Billown.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that point. It seems very strange to put it mildly.

Nobody has yet convinced me that this isn't either a very early or very late April Fool. It seems to me one of the most absurd ideas ever thought of regarding the TT - and after some of the things that have gone on in recent years, that's saying something!
19-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
David, on the official TTXGP website, there are pictures (in the media section) of amongst others, Chief Minister Tony Brown and Simon Crellin, the TT press officer and PR guy. You'll no doubt recognise some other faces too, so I guess it's all for real.

According to the initial regs posted on the forum (the final article in the hands of the ACU is late in being released...Rolleyes) the bikes are expected to average at least 60mph (!) over 40 miles of variable terrain...

I posted over on the 'other side' that while this sort of thing is bound to come one day, next year is way too soon. If you were going to take a model of conventional motor cycle that had never been raced before, 9 months would NOT be enough time to develop it as an effective racer, yet whoever is behind this can't see a problem in allocating that small amount of time to develop technology that's never been near a race track before and then debut the bloody thing on the most demanding race track in the world. It beggars belief really.

TTXGP claim that so far 39 'teams' have registered interest. Will any of them make it to the grid?
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2008, 09:50 PM by sticky.)
19-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Website Find Reply
oggy Offline

Threads: 2
I have just registered as a rider I wonder what will happen.
20-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Find Reply
andy21aa Offline

Threads: 6
Just read the forums on the TTXGP site, admin has posted the message:

Quote:by TTXGP on Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:48 pm

These rules are darft. This will be included in the final set.

Almost there in getting them released.

Freudian slip methinks.
20-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Find Reply