tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid
faolteam Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid
tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid , whats the chances of getting this product any clues Pigfly
30-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
RE: tt game early 1950 with reg armstrong on the lid
Have you tried ebay?
....scone out to take photos!
01-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

I bet Bill's got one, btw!

I also reckon he won't be selling it, either.
01-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Ian Huntly will know. Ian has also invented a TT game which is superb.
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: tt games
Over the years there have been a number of board games set up to be "TT RACE GAMES" but all of them have used formats like Ludo, Snakes and Ladders" etc to try to whip up a TT feeling but did not make the grade. When I patented my board game the reference books showed a number of patents for race games so I had to go through the lot to determine that mine did not copy any other.

I feel therefore, very proud to have produced a game which is unique, giving actual lap speeds and being able to represent the racing rather than depending on "Up a ladder, down a snake" methods.

Waddingtons saw my game early on and said they had not seen my format before but turned down production because "motorcycling was a minority sport"....

So thanks to a bunch of investors, supported by a number of riders and TT friends, the IOM Tourist Board, Geoff Duke and my rich uncle George, I got it up and running and have had varying demands for it ever since.

I had hoped Honda might have considered using it this coming year since, using a sliding scale we can simulate lap and race records over a number of years.

Thanks for your "Plug" Helen, all I need now is for someone to invest a few quid with me to get the 2009 edition on the go.

PLEASE SEE:-
http://www.ttfan2.co.uk/game2009h.htm and try a few laps !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM by ian huntly.)
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

You're top of my list when the lottery ticket wins, Ian!
02-10-2008, 10:08 PM
boakesey Away

RE: tt games
ian huntly Wrote:PLEASE SEE:-
http://www.ttfan2.co.uk/game2009h.htm and try a few laps !!

What a super game, Ian.
I hope you don't mind, but I've posted a link to it on the Department of Education's TT site fro schools, as quite a few Manx schools do project work based around the TT.
04-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Find Reply
rabscallion Offline

Threads: 3
Check out this TT game. It'll make those winter nights fly by

http://www.owzatgames.com/c/index.php?ma...cts_id=651

Rob
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2008, 09:09 AM by rabscallion.)
07-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

VERRRRRY EEEENTERESTING....

Has anyone seen this game yet and can they tell me on what concept it is based ?

I suppose after all these years there must be other TT Games, but what is the situation of "using" riders dead or alive to promote it ??
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
07-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Thanks for your reply Boakesy but a Manx school did produce a game for the Centenary...

They could have had mine to develope and make a few quid for their coffers !!

A company at Jurby sold a few TT games (not mine I hasten to add) a few years ago with Mike Hailwood on their box lid....I got the brunt of that when someone contacted me saying that I had no right to use Mikes Picture. Of course it was not me but I was initially blamed !!

I'm just sad at seeing that the Isle of Man is a closed shop, who don't like off-islanders producing things associated with the TT and selling them. Some of it could be real rubbish but until the board appraise it, who knows what they are missing.

I have a loft full of material produced by different people and organisations, which are as fresh now as they were when they first came out. A high percentage was first hand stuff, not re-written/ghosted articles with lots of innaccuracies..

Since I was interviewed in 1978 by the then Tourist Board, who helped me in so many, many ways, the TBs since have shunned ideas from myself and others, which are mainly to promote the TT.

Now apparently, here we have another TT game from another company, using riders names etc to promote it...

When I started mine off I GOT PERMISSION from riders to feature them and we had an unwritten law still in operation (SMBH)

But what can one do ?? Having spent so much of my own money following my beloved TT, sponsoring and supporting and of course promoting it at lectures and meetings, I am beginning to wonder whether it has been worth it !

Thirty years my game has been in existance and has still got people asking for it and playing it.

Perhaps I should be happy with that........................
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
07-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply
rabscallion Offline

Threads: 3
ian huntly Wrote:VERRRRRY EEEENTERESTING....

Has anyone seen this game yet and can they tell me on what concept it is based ?

I suppose after all these years there must be other TT Games, but what is the situation of "using" riders dead or alive to promote it ??

It's a bit paper work intensive, you have a series of charts and dice which you use to work out race positions throughout the lap, effectively creating a running scoreboard It's quite interesting and the excitement does sort of build up. The thing about these people are the real races/people are very important so the results are very accurate.It's a very solo game though.

To be fair to this company they only cater for a minority interest in replaying sports games, and don't advertise or promote outside of their group. They won't sell many of these as motorcycling is not that popular. The game is not one for general play, most people wouldn't like it I suspect. The game was I believe created by a TT fan and certainly is good for the TT. They don't advertise or use anyone to promote the game.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2008, 08:47 AM by rabscallion.)
08-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Find Reply