IMC course
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
IMC course
Hope this is in the correct bit of the forum - if not, I'm sure someone will move it!

Anyway, I'm just back from the TT marshals Association Incident Management Course (IMC) and can I first of all, thank everyone involved in putting the course together and running it so well.

If you've not been on it yet, I thoroughly recommend it. It covers an awful lot of what you need to know, what you think you know, (but then realise you don't know!) and many things that are just useful for everyday life, not just when wearing the orange tabard.

There were about 20 of us there today and our experiences of marshalling ranged from folks who only signed on for the MGP and got a couple of sessions in, to CSMs and DSMs with many, many years of TT and MGP experience. There were also a few ex-riders who were able to relate their experiences from the riders side of things. However, we all found we had things to learn and it was also great to be able to share our stories and practice our first aid on each other.
I vote that "Nellie the Elephant" be adopted as the official TTMA anthem, unless anyone can think of a better one.......

I hope I never have to use the skills I have learned, but at the same time, it's quite reassuring to think that if "something" happened near where I was, I'd have a bit more confidence and be more prepared to help than I was beforehand.

So if you've been thinking about doing the course, but haven't got round to it yet - go for it! You won't regret it, I promise.
....scone out to take photos!
05-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Find Reply