Unregistered

Macau Result
Stuart Easton
Michael Rutter
John McGuinness
Carreras
Barnes.

Keith Amor wins the 600.

Cam led at the start, but had machine failure.
Bruce Anstey and Gary J fell off.
Very exciting race and Stuart was a very deserving winner.
15-11-2008, 09:01 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Macau Result
No serious injuries, says Charlie Williams.
15-11-2008, 09:12 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

1. Stuart Easton GBR Doosan Honda 15 laps
2. Michael Rutter GBR Discover Ireland NW200 Ducati +2.722secs
3. John McGuinness GBR Ventaxia VK Honda 31.711secs
4. Luis Carreira POR Benimoto Suzuki Yoshimura +39.962secs
5. Michael Barnes USA Ventaxia VK Honda 39.982secs
6. Stephen Thompson GBR Sloan Developments +45.910secs
7. Ian Hutchinson GBR Aviva Kawasaki +49.067secs
8. Jeremy Toye USA Corona Extra Honda Racing +1min 16.206secs
9. Marc Fissettee BEL Ixo-Churrascao Racing +1min 29.503secs
10. Rui Reigoto POR Vodafone Kawasaki KMS +1min 34.367secs
11. Keith Amor GBR AIM Racing +1min 39.608secs SSP
12. Steve Mercer GBR DMR Racing +2mins 04.529secs
13. Gerald Muteau FRA Halfen Team of Paris +2mins 04.846secs SSP
14. Fabrice Miguet FRA Halfen Team of Paris +2mins 21.831secs
15. Amaury Baratin FRA Halfen Team of Paris +1 lap
16. Scott Jensen USA Moto Garage Racing +1 lap
17. Joao Fernandes MAC Macau Racing Team +1 lap SSP
18. Cheung Wai On HKG Cheung Wai On +1 lap SSP
19. Sou Sio Hong MAC Sou Sio Hong +1 lap
20. Leong Iok Choi MAC Leong Iok Choi +2 laps

Did Not Finish

21. Gary Johnson GBR BTS Racing 11 laps completed
22. Michael Weynard BEL IGT-Bike Promotion Racing 10 laps completed
23. Mark Miller USA Corona Extra Honda Racing 8 laps completed
24. Conor Cummins IOM Team of Paris AIM Racing 7 laps completed
25. Steve Allan GBR Aviva Kawasaki 6 laps completed
26. Cameron Donald AUS Relentless Suzuki by TAS 4 laps completed
27. Pierre Chapuis FRA Halfen Team of Paris 4 laps completed
28. Jose Leite POR Suzuki Caepsa BPN 2 laps completed
29. Ric Penzkofer GER IGT-Yamaha Austria Racing Team 1 lap completed SSP
30. Bruce Anstey NZL Relentless Suzuki by TAS 0 laps completed
31. Dan Linfoot GBR Rob Mac Racing 0 laps completed SSP
32. Thomas Hinterreiter AUT Macau.com Yart 0 laps completed
15-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
from http://www.bikesportnews.com coverage Dan Linfoot got a broken left collarbone. Will have it plated when he returns home.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
15-11-2008, 04:35 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
EASTON WINS 42nd MACAU GRAND PRIX ON DOOSAN HONDA
Stuart Easton, riding the Doosan Honda 1000cc Fireblade, has won the 2008 Macau Grand Prix.

[Image: easton2.gif]

Starting from sixth position, on row two of the grid, the 24-year-old Scotsman from Hawick made a flying start and by the third corner had clawed his way up to third place behind multiple Macau GP winner Michael Rutter and race leader Cameron Donald.

On the second lap, Stuart got the better of Rutter and moved into second place behind the Suzuki of double Isle of Man TT winner Cameron Donald.

Easton increased the pressure on the Australian's TAS Suzuki with each passing lap around the 6.12km Circuito Da Guia and on lap five, Donald suffered a mechanical failure forcing him to retire leaving Stuart with a clear track ahead.

NW200 Ducati rider Rutter was chasing hard and by lap eight, both Stuart and Michael had broken clear of the following pack. By lap thirteen there was a twenty-second gap between the two front runners and third place man John McGuinness.

Rutter continued to pile on the pressure but Stuart was controlling the race from the front and held off the Ducati challenge to cross the finish line 2.722 seconds ahead of the six-times winner.

An elated Stuart said: "After qualifying, I told the team that I couldn't fault the bike and was feeling very confident about the race. I got a great start and by the third lap had settled in nicely behind Cameron. Unfortunately for him he retired leaving me with a three-second lead over Michael on the Ducati. I think it was fairly even between Michael and myself and during the mid-part of the race I have to admit I was feeling the pressure of leading. In the latter stages we had to clear groups of backmarkers which really focussed my mind and I realised I could win. I pushed hard during the last few laps I really dug deep and eventually finished almost three seconds ahead of Michael."

"I must compliment the team because without doubt that's the best race bike I've ever ridden. The team have worked so hard and the result speaks for itself."

"What a fantastic day for the team" said smiling Crew Chief Mick Shanley, "Right from the off Stuart didn't put a foot wrong and thoroughly deserves this, his first Macau GP win. The SMR team has been working so hard all season and Stuart has given myself and the lads that elusive victory and the perfect end to the 2008 season."

Shaun Muir, SMR Team Owner, was naturally delighted also: "Stuart rode a hard, fast and more importantly, a safe race on his very first outing for our team and our Macau GP sponsors, Doosan. I could not have hoped for a better outcome and the result is a testimony to all the hard work from all the team."

Top 6 Positions (of 32):
1, S Easton (Doosan Honda) 37:09.404
2, M Rutter (NW200 Ducati) 37:12.126
3, J McGuinness (Vent Axia Honda) 37:41.115
4, L Carreira (Benimoto Suzuki) 37:49.366
5, M Barnes (Vent Axia Honda) 37:49.386
6, S Thompson (Sloan Honda) 37:55.314

The race will be shown on Motors TV (Sky Channel 413) at 2pm UK time on Sunday 16th November.

MACAU PODIUM FOR MCGUINNESS

VK Vent Axia Honda rider John McGuinness secured a confidence-inspiring third place for the Paul Bird Motorsport Team to claim another podium placing at the 2008 Macau Grand Prix.

The Morecambe rider won for the team back in 2001 and has been a regular podium finisher since then at the 6.12km Circuito Da Guia, but following a less than successful season on the British short circuits, the 14 times TT winner needed a good result to take him through the winter and that's exactly what he got as he followed debut winner Stuart Easton and six-times champion Michael Rutter home in this morning's race.

Making it a superb day for the team was American, Mike Barnes who brought the second of the Phil Borley-prepared Honda Fireblades home in an impressive fifth position. It was the Floridian's best result since his fourth place back in 1993 meaning the Macau veteran added to the team's cause for celebration.

John McGuinness: "I needed a good, safe ride and that's exactly what I got and I'm reasonably happy with yet another Macau podium. I've enjoyed riding the bike and it's always a pleasure being involved with Birdy and the boys. I couldn't stay with Stuart and Michael but I'm happy enough with the result which is what we came for and now I can start to concentrate on next season."

Mike Barnes: "I took it easy to start off with as the track was quite slippery early on so I just kept plugging away. I played it safe and put in some good laps and I'm delighted with fifth position. I really have enjoyed the entire game, this team is something else and I've had a hoot!"

Paul Bird - Team Owner: "It's our best result of the season! Both John and Mike rode well and I'm delighted with the result. We came to do a holiday race, with no dramas and keeping it safe, and that's how it turned out. John needed a good result and he got that and Barney has been wonderful to work with so it's just what we needed at the end of a tough season."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
So..So Pleased for Stuart.

A fantastic result given the opposition.

Chuffed to bits for him and the team.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
15-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Find Reply