TTXGP
Alison Offline

Threads: 1
TTXGP
I'm here to answer any questions regarding TTXGP
Please get in touch & if I don't reply immediately its only because I have other commitments.
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2009, 02:31 PM by Alison.)
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
RE: TTXGP
I dont supppose that I am the only person who finds the words "online marketeer" a bit ominous
Then you feel it necessary to tell us "I am quite capable of making sure...."
"the transparency of Facebook" doesnt auger well either, for me at least

I am sure you are a nice clever lady (sorry that probably offends) person with an appropriate biking pedigree

Now, I wish you well, simple because I believe in the cause you are championing but I for one feel less marketeering
and more the common approach willl get more support here

Most of us have been "marketeered" in our work places and it wasnt always a pleasant expeience

One more thing
You say "and on the 8,10 & 12 June, the bikes will be too"
Does this mean that the TTXGP macines will be straight into most classes without having practised?
MV
06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
There will be a single practice lap after racing on the 8th followed by another single practice lap on the 10th and then a one lap 'race' on the 12th...

Since these things are probably going to behave very differently to a conventional bike, how can it possibly be safe to ride them at 'Grand Prix speeds' after only 2 practice laps?

But, of course they won't be achieving Grand Prix speeds will they. Not with the qualifying maxima at 50 minutes or approx 45.3mph lap speed.

And that I suppose is why it needs an on-line marketeer - to tell us that 45mph is fast when we know very well that it isn't. Hell, it wasn't even that fast a lap in 1914 when the Mountain Course was first used in it's current form...Rolleyes Lap record was something like 53mph?

Sorry Alison - nothing personal but my whole argument against this is that it's too soon. The technology simply isn't ready for racing yet. I also strongly believe that a short circuit would have been a better option for developing an entirely new race technology, it being a much more controlled environment.
06-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
I do agree about the short circuit approach Sticky
It would have made more sense
Apart from the obvious containment aspect, they could have made a real exhibition/marketeering day of it
I wish TTXGP success but worry that it may be
a) a damp squib
or
b) a safety problem

Still, lets look on the bright side and give it a real TT support, eh?
MV
06-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Website Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
minus 9 tonight yes global warming is here..why was my prewar and wartime childhood so hot.still it gives loads of people a job,and is great for raising taxes....50 minutes lap sounds good, will we be allowed to cross the road while its on?alison let the kids read both sides of the argument as they grow wont you.....must go and read that leaflet on scientology could be something in it travolta,tom cruise do it..or kaballa thats got to be good madona likes it.oh they want money ,ill carry on as usual believing the TT is for real motorbikes.
06-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Find Reply
2 stroke nod Offline

Threads: 4
Maybe I'm just a ludite, but the TT is a petrolheads event - Road Racing is for real bikes
This TTXGP is like a bad dream
10-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Here's an idea for you. During practice week have one up at Jurby Airfield for everyone to have a go on. Maybe then you will get even more support after people have had a go themselves.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2009, 04:14 PM by DCLUCIE.)
13-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
Alison Offline

MV Wrote:You say "and on the 8,10 & 12 June, the bikes will be too"
Does this mean that the TTXGP macines will be straight into most classes without having practised?

Taken the liberty of removing the personal touch as it seems to incite forum rage.

Re. 8, 10, 12 June the teams have 2 practice laps only, scheduled on 8 & 10 June. (Time slots are limited) we are in negotiation with ACU regarding riders having to make up the qualifying no. of laps in other races.
14-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Find Reply
Alison Offline

DCLUCIE Wrote:Here's an idea for you. During practice week have one up at Jurby Airfield for everyone to have a go on. Maybe then you will get even more support after people have had a go themselves.

Great idea, I'll speak with Keef & ARA about it.
14-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Find Reply
Alison Offline

MV Wrote:I do agree about the short circuit approach Sticky
It would have made more sense
Apart from the obvious containment aspect, they could have made a real exhibition/marketeering day of it
I wish TTXGP success but worry that it may be
a) a damp squib
or
b) a safety problem

Still, lets look on the bright side and give it a real TT support, eh?

There was no commercial interest in building vehicles/teams and travelling from around the world if it wasn’t going to be at the main stage, the TT. We're working with the TTMA to cover all safety issues. Thanks for your support.
15-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Find Reply
Alison Offline

We will be on the island from this Friday 30 Jan for a few days (myself, Azhar Hussain, Sadie Homer) and will be at the Grandstand with the TT Marshals Association & TTX01 bike if anyone wants to see it Saturday afternoon (times t.b.c. by TTMA).
26-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Alison, is it true that the TTXGP lap is now going to be held before the Senior TT !! And if so will the Senior TT be subject to change if there are delays of any kind !
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
27-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Hello Alison, good luck with the Eco demonstration lap at this year's TT fortnight. Personally I think it is a good idea and discussed such a thing some years ago on TT forums.
Can you tell us unequivocally that all riders will have to have a TT Course License? Or will the brand new tax avoiding entity the ACU Events (IOM) Ltd bend the rules with the permission of their insurance colleagues? We are told that at least one of the bikes is capable of 120mph.
Also do you know if the £100,000 that the event will cost the IOM Govt. will be shown as a TT cost overrun in next years budget report?
Sorry to ask so many questions but who is actually organising this event? Azhar Hussain, ACU Events (IOM) Ltd., The Dept.of Tourism and Leisure, Paul Philips, Parker Enterprises, Greenpeace?
Finally who are you and who do you work for?
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
28-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Find Reply
Alison Offline

veefour Wrote:Alison, is it true that the TTXGP lap is now going to be held before the Senior TT !! And if so will the Senior TT be subject to change if there are delays of any kind !

V4, I'll be able to confirm after this weekend but as it stands, TTXGP will run before the Senior. The TTXGP team are aware of the 'honour' in sharing the Senior TT Race day and can guarantee that if the weather is causing delays we will stand aside respectfully!

Certain members of the IOMTT forum in particular seem to think we're trying to upstage the Senior. This is not the case.
28-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Find Reply
Alison Offline

Don Simons Wrote:Hello Alison, good luck with the Eco demonstration lap at this year's TT fortnight. Personally I think it is a good idea and discussed such a thing some years ago on TT forums.
Can you tell us unequivocally that all riders will have to have a TT Course License? Or will the brand new tax avoiding entity the ACU Events (IOM) Ltd bend the rules with the permission of their insurance colleagues? We are told that at least one of the bikes is capable of 120mph.
Also do you know if the £100,000 that the event will cost the IOM Govt. will be shown as a TT cost overrun in next years budget report?
Sorry to ask so many questions but who is actually organising this event? Azhar Hussain, ACU Events (IOM) Ltd., The Dept.of Tourism and Leisure, Paul Philips, Parker Enterprises, Greenpeace?
Finally who are you and who do you work for?

Many thanks for your support, Don.
Rules and regulations can be accessed via the TTXGP website.

Riders need licenses, yes.

I cannot comment on IOM govt finances.

TTXGP, under Azhar Hussain, is "the organiser", working closely with the IOM govt, TTMA & TT management (not necessarily in that order) ;-)

I am a biker, a TT marshal, (marshalled MotoGP last year too but ACU now don't automatically allow TT marshals to marshal short circuit but thats another debate).... I am a member of the TTXGP team but if you want to know exactly who I am I'm one of the new breed "Net Gen" who doesn't mind being all over the internet as I work there, professionally, running a charity.
28-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
What time is the event on Saturday,nobody seems to know?
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
29-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Find Reply
kmckay Offline

Don Simons Wrote:What time is the event on Saturday,nobody seems to know?

Terry from the TTMA tells me the bike will be at the grandstand
from 10.30 in the morning.

See you there!
Ramsey, IoM
29-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
Quote:From Malcolms Post

TT 2009 Provisional Race Calendar

Friday 12th June

Senior TT Race - 12:00 (6 laps)

TTXGP - 14:30 (1 lap)

Quote:From Alison

V4, I'll be able to confirm after this weekend but as it stands, TTXGP will run before the Senior. The TTXGP team are aware of the 'honour' in sharing the Senior TT Race day and can guarantee that if the weather is causing delays we will stand aside respectfully!

Does anyone really know what is happening smilie!
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
29-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Find Reply
Alison Offline

Just to remind you TTXGP & the TTX01 prototype bike will be at the rear of the Grandstand for public viewing 4-6pm Saturday. Testing at Jurby (Sunday) and the Grandstand (Saturday) is by invitation only but filming will be taking place around the island Saturday morning and from the Grandstand at 1.
29-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
A question, Alison, asked in a genuine spirit of seeking wider knowledge:

As I understand it, the Manx Government is providing £100,000 to this operation.

Oo's getting it, and to what purpose is it to be put?
30-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Find Reply