TTXGP
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
RE: TTXGP
I see Alison's back on the other site having a bit of a rant about the way everyone has treated her !!! smilie
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
18-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Didums
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
19-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
From what's in the public domain at the moment, I've heard the names of just 6 riders mentioned in connection with TTXGP:

Maria Costello
Steve McDonald
Paul Owen
Olie Linsdell
Rob Barber
Thomas Schoenfelder

Now, of these I believe Maria has had her TT entry rejected, so cross her off the list. Apparently unless the EVO team find fifty grand by the end of the month we won't be seeing Paul or Olie and there's the rumour going round that there is no supply of hydrogen fuel on the Island and the Steam Packet are not prepared to bring any over. If that's the case then we won't be seeing Mr McDonald either.

Anybody else think this thing is rapidly falling on it's backside? Bonk
23-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Website Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
I know there is little risk of crashes - unless the riders fall asleep at the soporific pace - but with diesel being the most slippery thing you can add to tarmac, surely these tractors should be allowed only after all the proper races have finished?
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
23-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Hydrogen is used inside the alternators at power stations one wonders if the MEA use it in theirs or perhaps at the energy from waste plant ?

Where I worked it arrived on a special pallet with lots cylinders all connected.................I suspect it was supplied by BOC although we did once have our own hydrogen plant.
23-03-2009, 05:32 PM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
All is not lost, science has come to the rescue with this DIY hydrogen kit. Don't try this at home children.
[Image: hballoon.gif]
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
24-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: TTXGP - Clean mean Manx machine for TTXGP
Clean mean Manx machine for TTXGP

A MANX team is to be one of those lined up for the start of the Island's first ever clean emissions TT race in June.

Last year's MGP junior race winner Dan Kneen is to ride for the team fronted by software engineer and MGP rider Keith McKay from Ramsey. The bike is to be built by Phil Wall of Boal Engineering in Ramsey.

Entries for the TTXGP close at the end of this month ready for the race on June 12, which is expected to rely on battery power to propel bikes and riders through a lap of the TT course before the senior race.

Read the rest of the story on IOMonline HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Website Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
Only just over a week to go now until April Fool's Day. I'm still half-expecting this scheme to be revealed as an elaborate hoax come April 1st!
24-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
David Griffiths Wrote:Only just over a week to go now until April Fool's Day. I'm still half-expecting this scheme to be revealed as an elaborate hoax come April 1st!

I'm sure that many said that of the 1907 TT.
"Motorised bikes with pedals...........you must be joking! They'll never get up Lamb Fell."
24-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Ok then where do i start with this post. Well ok here goe,s. I was approached by the Student Team from India to race there machine in the TTXGP at this years TT Races. So i contacted the ACU about a possible entry which i will put in tomorrow if they e mail me the forms
But was told i need to do 5 laps of the course at an average speed of 50mph. So with only two one hour practice sessions for the TTXGP theirs little chance of qualifying. It looks like they will accept qualifying laps from those takeing part in the TT Proper it would have been good if they had explained this fact in the beginning to competetors wanting to take part in this unusual event. At least i have the MGP to lookforward to. I suppose it a case of wait and see will keep you all updated cheers Irish Ago.....Pigfly
30-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Ago it was very clear in the regs that only petrol TT riders would be able to quailify for the TTxGP race and that has been common knowledge for sometime now.

I am lead to believe that some effort to have the quailifing requirements changed is being made..................
30-03-2009, 12:55 PM
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Ive got to be honest Cargo ive not seen the regs only what ive read on here......will just wait and see cheers Ago.....
30-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
What an load of absolute boll*cks; they need you to do 5 laps when most of the machines will only do one lap anyway. How long would that take? When you have to recharge after each lap and there is no morning practice now!! And you need a TT Course License to average 50mph? For crying out aloud this has got to be the makings of a complete farce. I am absolutely convinced now that the ACU Events (IOM) Pty Ltd could not organise a p**s up in a brewery! The silence surrounding this non-event is deafening. Nobody it seems wants their name connected with it because they know what is going to happen. The world needs zero pollution transport but this Monty Python organizational performance is not going to help.
[Image: r344755_1572795.jpg]
The organising committee.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
30-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Don...............how dare you..................Monty Python did a damn fine job organising their TV shows and movies.................

Cargo
Python fan and guardian of the Holy Hand Grenade
30-03-2009, 01:23 PM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
[Image: bicycle-repairman1.jpg]
30-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

This is taken from the TTXGP website:

"Manx GP riders who have completed qualifications for the Mountain Circuit in time for the TT will be eligible to take part in the TTXGP without losing access to the Manx Grand Prix. They can race the TTXGP and return to the MGP without penalty.

This ruling applies ONLY to TTXGP and NOT to any other class of the TT.

Our thanks to the Manx Grand Prix for being supportive and allowing this exception within their regulations.

Team TTXGP"

I was always under the impression that the ACU rather than the MMCC had dictated that a potential rider could not qualify for TTXGP alone but had to qualify for another class too. If that remains the case, then MGP riders remain excluded. If that's NOT the case then everybody needs to get their acts together PDQ since entries close tomorrow!
30-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Website Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Threads: 4
sticky Wrote:This is taken from the TTXGP website:

"Manx GP riders who have completed qualifications for the Mountain Circuit in time for the TT will be eligible to take part in the TTXGP without losing access to the Manx Grand Prix. They can race the TTXGP and return to the MGP without penalty.

This ruling applies ONLY to TTXGP and NOT to any other class of the TT.

Our thanks to the Manx Grand Prix for being supportive and allowing this exception within their regulations.

Team TTXGP"

I was always under the impression that the ACU rather than the MMCC had dictated that a potential rider could not qualify for TTXGP alone but had to qualify for another class too. If that remains the case, then MGP riders remain excluded. If that's NOT the case then everybody needs to get their acts together PDQ since entries close tomorrow!

I queried this on the TTXGP site on Saturday. Azhar replied that TTXGP riders will NOT be required to ride in another class at the TT to qualify. This suggests that the 6/5 lap minimum practice rule does not apply to the TTXGP, and that only the two laps of practice, with one within qualifying time will be enough for a start.
I presume this must have been agreed by the ACU, as this was one of my questions.
I also agree that it would have been a good idea if this could have been clarified more that two days before the closing dates for entries, enabling more MGP riders to have the opportunity to take part!
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
30-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Website Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Reading Irish Ago's earlier post it would appear that Mr Hussain and the ACU have differing interpretations of this situation. My money's on the ACU winning this little bun fight.
30-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Website Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
Thanks sticky - I now understand that these bikes are mobile microwave cookers, to bake the buns for the fight.
Another ex-racer asked me today if I ever fancied going back to watch. Until there is proper racing, with recognition of the fantastic heritage of the TT, my answer must be a resounding "No thanks"!
I will not be alone in this.
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
30-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Well said Peter!

I am going this year AGAIN and looking forward to being in the place where so much history is
Having witnessed some of that history, I feel very privileged
BUT, its no the place that pulls me, not really the racing
ORGANISERS......PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO RECOGNISE THE HISTORY OF THE TT AND CELEBRATE IT!!!
MV
30-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Website Find Reply