Let the season begin..!
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
Let the season begin..!
Hi all over there in frozen land... Here in sunny California (it was 70 degrees F here yesterday), I am getting ready for the new race season..! In just over 4 weeks, the first race is at Roebling Road, in Georgia. This is a nice small track out in the countryside. pretty darn flat, but scenic..! This is the "warm up" event for Daytona the following week..! Daytona is well known for sure, but it is mostly a horse power track.. the more power you have the better. But still a good rider makes a BIG difference.! Then in April we race on the West Coast... And although it seems like a long ways off, that is likely to be the last race before the Manx..! (I will do some track days and lots of dyno time) I call all of those races "warm ups" for the Manx. Yes, months away.. but plenty soon..!! I get chills just thinking about it...

So, you lot stay warm... soon it will be your turn to get your bikes on the track... less than 8 months until the Manx..!! (Oh yes, got to pay attention to the TT as well...)

Cheers..!!

Ron
19-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Find Reply
irishago Offline

Threads: 18
Cool  RE: Let the season begin..!
Hi Ron, Sorry im going to miss Roebling and Daytona had a cracking time last year. But alas we have Willow Springs the end of april mycard is already marked for that one for sure. Should be back where i belong within 8 weeks all being well. Roll on MGP 09 it dosent come around quick enough for me. As soon as one MGP is over i start prepairing for the next one, look forward to catching up soon all the best Irish Ago.....
20-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Website Find Reply
sr432 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Let the season begin..!
Are you planning on racing the Manx TT? if so if you have a minute I would like to talk to you at RRR.
21-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

I will be at both Roebling and Daytona.. look me up..! I would be glad to try and help you out.. Just ask around if you do not readily see the "Green Monster"...

Cheers.!!

Ron

sr432 Wrote:Are you planning on racing the Manx TT? if so if you have a minute I would like to talk to you at RRR.
21-01-2009, 06:11 AM
Find Reply
sr432 Offline

what class, bike, number
21-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

THe bike runs in 500 Premeir... not sure what number will be assigned as of yet... I will update you once I know... but there are a bunch of guys that know me... or know the bike...

Glad I decided to read the new rule book, it reminded me that I need to change my exhaust, can't run the open mega in the states... darn..

Cheers..!!

Ron

sr432 Wrote:what class, bike, number
23-01-2009, 07:05 AM
Find Reply
sr432 Offline

I have a black 67ycs1 i run in 200gp(hoping it will qualify for lightweight class for the manx) my #432 i will be getting there late on thursday and leaving right after the race on friday but i will be sure to try and find you i have many ? thanks chris
23-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Hi Chris..!

OK, I will be there long before you.. and stay after you are gone... no camping at Roebling... not sure what your plans are. We then head to Daytona on Saturday. Plenty of time to meet up and I will gladly help you out. Also you will find a LOT of help both here and when you arrive on the IOM. Everyone is nice and helpful..! Well, except I did see a good egging last year... but no worry, you won't have that honour... heh.. Also you can e-mail me privately at gstarron@aol.com.

Cheers.!!

Ron

sr432 Wrote:I have a black 67ycs1 i run in 200gp(hoping it will qualify for lightweight class for the manx) my #432 i will be getting there late on thursday and leaving right after the race on friday but i will be sure to try and find you i have many ? thanks chris
24-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Find Reply
sr432 Offline

hey ron
ok i will see you there. just to let you know there is camping available at RRR
take care chris
26-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Find Reply