Moody and Ryder to stay in new-style, watered-down Eurosport MotoGP coverage
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Moody and Ryder to stay in new-style, watered-down Eurosport MotoGP coverage
FORMER GRAND PRIX winner turned presenter Randy Mamola is out of the new Eurosport MotoGP team.

The digital broadcaster has secured rights to transmit this year's MotoGP series - in a restrictive deal signed with the BBC and Dorna that sees Mamola dropped from the popular commentary trio.

The new arrangement will see a change in the level and presentation of British Eurosport's coverage of the leading motorcycle championship.

British Eurosport will have full live coverage of all practice and qualifying sessions for 125cc, 250cc and MotoGP races and live coverage of all 125cc and 250cc races but NOT MotoGP.

Popular presenters Toby Moody and Julian Ryder will still commentate - all be it from the banal confines of Eurosport's Feltham-based studio.

British Eurosport will broadcast the MotoGP races delayed by one hour from the start of the race.

Will the new line-up replicate the frenzied excitement that made the old-style Eurosport so popular?

We'll find out in a few weeks time when MotoGP goes to Qatar on April 12th.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Website Find Reply