Real not Rumour
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Real not Rumour
Unless I was mistaken, I am sure that I heard on Manx Radio this morning, that Audi have pulled out of the TT and will not be supplying the Course cars as they were previously contracted/agreed upon to do.

Mylchreest have apparently come to the rescue and will be supplying the cars now.

This backs up one of the stories that I heard regarding the previously posted item on the "future management and development of the TT".
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Website Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Real not Rumour
It is actually stated on the Manx Radio web site.Good to hear this as Mylchreests were pushed to one side after supporting the TT for so long.I think we were all lead to believe that the Audi contract was for more than one year.
18-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=34048

Seems you ears are working just fine
18-03-2009, 09:32 AM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
You NEARLY beat me to it Cargo!
18-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Thank god Mylchreests don't hold grudges. Unlike so many involved lately. All the rubbish we heard about how these people are going to be here for a while, why oh why don't they listen, or at least learn from prevbious mistakes.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I think Mylchreests have been treated deplorably over this matter. All credit to David Mylchreest for helping out this year when he could so easily have put two not so polite fingers up to the DTL.
18-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
NickJ Wrote:I think Mylchreests have been treated deplorably over this matter. All credit to David Mylchreest for helping out this year when he could so easily have put two not so polite fingers up to the DTL.

well said Nick, David Mylchreest is a Gentleman.

Pat.
18-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

At last years TT an Italian Collector offered to send 12 of his exotic machine's to the TT to be paraded. These machines were all ex MV race machines some very exotic and never been seen on the Roads before. The MMCC were very excited of the offer and accepted only for the TT organisers to refuse them an entry stating it was not needed. I know for some this was a great disappointment and they offer to have them here in the future is not possible as the owner has stated that it was only a one time offer which took a lot of planning and could not be repeated.
22-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
I am wondering who they spoke to George as this is the first time I have heard about this offer?

Best wishes

Paul Phillips
TT & Motorsport Development Manager
22-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Paul Phillips Wrote:I am wondering who they spoke to George as this is the first time I have heard about this offer?

Best wishes

Paul Phillips
TT & Motorsport Development Manager

Feel free to ask the MMCC who are of the opinion that the Islands races are being turned into a replica of BSB. A move that will not be appreciated by the many loyal fans of the TT who want to see something other than the same two classes of bikes.
22-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
George, that is SO true

Many of us need to see more of the historical machinery, mobile, somewhere on the Island diring TT

I agree that the racing (thats BSB type racing) is very well supported and organised, attracting a really high quality entry

This is old ground and I am sure it bores you Paul, but it wont go away

Ironically, the only Superbike meeting of the year at my local circuit, Thruxton(6 miles away!), is during TT

So, come on Paul and company, feed our craving for the history of the TT
MV
22-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Website Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
Hi MV, as there seems to be a hidden agenda for some to forget the manx exists, this will soon be the only place to see different machines. The TT is just a P*SS up for the younger end now. The real history lies with the Manx. everybody you speak to says the TT is the same old bikes wheeled out 4 times.
22-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

George Wrote:Feel free to ask the MMCC who are of the opinion that the Islands races are being turned into a replica of BSB. A move that will not be appreciated by the many loyal fans of the TT who want to see something other than the same two classes of bikes.

George

That isn't really answering my question. Who did they speak to as this is the first time I have heard about this offer you speak about?

I speak to the MMCC weekly and this is the first time I have ever heard of an Italian Collector offering to send 12 of his exotic machine's to the TT to be paraded in 2008.

Paul
22-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

Paul Phillips Wrote:
George Wrote:Feel free to ask the MMCC who are of the opinion that the Islands races are being turned into a replica of BSB. A move that will not be appreciated by the many loyal fans of the TT who want to see something other than the same two classes of bikes.

George

That isn't really answering my question. Who did they speak to as this is the first time I have heard about this offer you speak about?

I speak to the MMCC weekly and this is the first time I have ever heard of an Italian Collector offering to send 12 of his exotic machine's to the TT to be paraded in 2008.

Paul

Paul whoever deals with the entries turned the offer down
22-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

I was involved in the entries in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and this year 2009. As previously mentioned, this is the first time I have heard of this. I'd go back and check your facts on this one George as I think you may be mistaken.

Best wishes

Paul
22-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Sorry Paul but I thought you said in years gone by that you don't have anything to do with the entry list or who qualifies. I am sure I remember something last year about the entry lists and who decides who races and who doesn't. Maybe I am getting old and my memory is fading fast. lol yeh I know left myself open there for abuse... and queue Paul ......
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
23-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

PS I am glad to see you post Paul, I was a little worried about you since the announcement that there were TWO high level Civil Servants suspended on full pay who earn over 50 grand a year. I have to admitt since we hadn't heard anything from you in a while I was getting very worried. Should have known it was never going to be you. Such a good lad. Welcome back to the fray, even though you have never been away lol.
23-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

£50 grand a year - I wish! No I've not been suspended so far as I know so you are stuck with me for now.

I have always been involved in the entry since my first involvement in the TT, but I have never been solely responsible for it. That responsibility lies with the race organiser.

Best wishes

Paul
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2009, 09:45 PM by Paul Phillips.)
23-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

Paul Phillips Wrote:£50 grand a year - I wish! No I've not been suspended so far as I know so you are stuck with me for now.

I have always been involved in the entry since my first involvement in the TT, but I have never been solely responsible for it. That responsibility lies with the race organiser.

Best wishes

Paul

Thank you Paul, you have anwered your own question.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2009, 09:27 AM by George.)
24-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Find Reply
Bakeriom Offline

Threads: 13
Sorry George but I'm confused with your last comment as I'm sure Paul will be.

If the MMCC do know then they haven't relayed this info, (as Paul has stated) and obviously Paul has no idea so then that leaves the race organisers which is ACUE. I'm sure they would have passed this information over to the TT & Motorsport Team.

As you are new to the forum I would suggest you confirm your facts and expand further on your postings as it can help alleviate any potential misunderstandings which can easily be done on these forums.
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2009, 05:35 PM by Bakeriom.)
24-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Website Find Reply