£19-99 for TT Radio !!!!!!!!!!!!!
George Offline

Threads: 50
£19-99 for TT Radio !!!!!!!!!!!!!
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2009, 11:18 AM by Malcolm.)
21-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
RE: £19-99
Is that correct price,as I can't find it on the site? If so,it's a bit much as it was £10 last year.Should be less in these "credit crunch" times.
22-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
I see that the site has been cleared now of all information/data that was on there last night.

I do recall seeing an item relative to a "listening charge" of less than 39p per day, obviously that would only cost you just over £5.00 for the TT period.

Internet broadcasting is not cheap and costs have to be covered somehow. Let's hope that the charge this year is commensurate with the conditions/atmosphere being encountered by the listening public in their present day life, as they have to tighten their belts in this period of financial instability.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
The information you have read on that site is not for listening to the TT coverage via the web.

It is for a new TT specific version of Manx Radio's MR+ service - which is a kind of benefits card. Nobody has to buy it although it is going to open up some really good offers in time for this years TT.

Paul
22-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Find Reply
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

Threads: 5
RE: £19-99 for TT Radio !!!!!!!!!!!!!
£19,99 for the year of useless none sence, you are having a laugh......

I subscribed to Radio TT last year with all its 'glitches' and you re pay us with another price hike........all I can say is GTF......

You have lost my support due to 'Greed'

Regards

Shitoffa Shovel aka Douglas Tramshed.....
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
06-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Shitoffa Shovel Wrote:£19,99 for the year of useless none sence, you are having a laugh......

I subscribed to Radio TT last year with all its 'glitches' and you re pay us with another price hike........all I can say is GTF......

You have lost my support due to 'Greed'

Regards

Shitoffa Shovel aka Douglas Tramshed.....

Tune or log in to the NW200 its free
06-05-2009, 07:08 AM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
It's going to be £10 unless you subscribe before May 30th, in which case it's a fiver...
06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

The incredible TT Live! service provided by the Official website of the Isle of Man TT is back for 2009, letting fans get closer to the action than ever.

[Image: ttradio2.gif]

Now in its third year, the hugely popular TT Live! has allowed more and more people to follow the drama from the world-famous TT Mountain Circuit with live timing, speed data, rolling news and access to the unique Sure Radio TT commentary provided by the highly regarded Manx Radio TT team.

This year more fans than ever will be able to keep fully up-to-date with the on-track action. TT Live! will be available on some 3G-enabled handheld devices, such as the iPhone, meaning many subscribers will be able to follow the times and latest updates wherever they are. Whether you’re unable to make it to the TT or you’re watching the machines roaring past from a hedge in the Isle of Man, you will be able to log into TT Live! and get the latest times, speeds and information as it happens.

For a subscription of just £10 you can enjoy this unrivalled live coverage of every single race and practice session from the Mountain Course. Plus, if you subscribe before the first day of the TT – Saturday May 30th – you’ll pay just £5 for TT Live! for the entire fortnight.

In addition to receiving Sure Radio TT commentary in FM-comparable quality, subscribers will be able to follow the progress of the top 10 riders in each session on a specially designed dashboard.

Fans will also be able to choose three other riders to follow.

The dashboard is instantly updated with lap times and data from the Unisys speed trap in Sulby, plus there’s a news ticker tape bringing you regular updates from the TT Grandstand.

Once again TT Live! will ensure online fans are able to listen to the Sure Radio TT coverage. In previous years a lack of bandwidth had meant some couldn’t connect to the broadcasts and missed the action. Increased bandwidth means more fans than ever will be able to enjoy an uninterrupted connection to Sure Radio TT throughout the festival.

With one of the strongest line-ups ever seen at the TT, and the first ever visit by MotoGP legend Valentino Rossi, the eyes of the world will be on the Isle of Man from May 30 to June 12. John McGuinness, the 14-time winner and outright lap record holder, is back and will be leading the charge as Honda bids for victory as it celebrates 50 years of racing. McGuinness is joined by Steve Plater, who scored his first TT win last year.

The pair will face intense competition from the likes of TAS Suzuki team-mates Cameron Donald and Bruce Anstey, Manxman Conor Cummins, TT winner Ian Hutchinson and Guy Martin, who is determined to finally score his maiden TT victory.

Plus, Ian Lougher will be out to make an impression as he starts his 100th TT, and sparring partner Ryan Farquhar will be hoping for some good results.

The sidecar races are also set for some storming action as multiple winners Dave Molyneux and Nick Crowe once again go head-to-head, and with World Champion class in the field, including three-times World Champion Tim Reeves and the debut of World Championship race winners Ben and Tom Birchall, there will be some real drama to enjoy.

More than 20 countries will be represented during the TT, and fans around the globe will be able to follow the progress of their compatriots through TT Live! They’ll be able to follow all the high-speed action and drama as it unfolds, live from the circuit and in incredible detail. This really is the ultimate way to experience the ultimate racing.

TT Live! proved hugely popular in 2007 and 2008, and while we received great feedback from delighted customers, there is always room for improvement. Comments made during the last two years have been taken on board.

Isle of Man-firm Duke Marketing operates the Official TT website on behalf of the Department of Tourism and Leisure.

Duke Managing Director Peter Duke said:

'We are delighted to be offering TT Live! again this year, and to be able to lower the cost.'

'TT Live! has brought the TT experience to thousands of fans who can’t make it to the Island for the real thing. I’ve always believed that appreciation of what the TT is all about would increase dramatically with the internet and new technology. This year, thousands of spectators trackside with Apple iPhones and other high-tech 3G-enabled handheld devices will be able to enjoy live data wherever they are watching. We have offered SMS text data before, but this will be the full TT Live! dashboard and it should be as fast as it would be at home on a decent broadband connection.'

'After seeing some of the speeds achieved in previous years while watching the drama unfold on TT Live!, I can’t wait to see how fast the top riders average to Ramsey this year!'

Manx Radio Managing Director Anthony Pugh added:

'The line-up of riders for TT 2009 promises another festival of memorable racing. Manx Radio TT will be covering all the action from around the race track again this year and the commentary team of Charlie Lambert, Maurice Mawdsley, Roy Moore and Chris Kinley will be back in their commentary positions at the Grandstand, Glen Helen, Ramsey Hairpin and in the Pit Lane.'

'The team is guaranteed to bring you unrivalled coverage of this year’s thrilling event via TT Live!, wherever you are in the world.'

The TT Live! service starts on Saturday May 30th. To find out more about TT Live! and secure your subscription visit the TT Live! - HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2009, 10:46 AM by Malcolm.)
06-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Website Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
No thanks - I'll listen to commentary on Manx Radio 1368AM, as I have done for the last 23 years.

Yahoo
06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

1368 just about makes it to here as well.
06-05-2009, 12:47 PM
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
just paid my £5 for TTlive.how is it possible for anyone to complain at that.its fantastic for us who cannot afford the fares.i remember when i had to rush home on my thunderbird in the lunch hour, to catch the few minutes from the bbc radio to hear the results.and amm had done the double.
06-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Find Reply
Rothman Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
ancient Wrote:just paid my £5 for TTlive.how is it possible for anyone to complain at that.its fantastic for us who cannot afford the fares.i remember when i had to rush home on my thunderbird in the lunch hour, to catch the few minutes from the bbc radio to hear the results.and amm had done the double.

I got TTlive last year and although there were a few technical problems at times, when it worked it was superb! Getting split times for the top ten through each section and speed trap times aswell was brilliant. For a fiver it's a bargain!!!
07-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
Each to their own! Different people have different requirements, and for many the free AM Manx Radio coverage is perfectly adequate. I think what you get for your £5 for TT Live is incredible value and for many will add greatly to their enjoyment of the fortnight. We are in 2009 not 1985, and to get the volume of instant information that is now available for less than the price of a couple of pints is an absolute bargain in my opinion. I will certainly be subscribing, as well as listening in on the radio!
07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

larryd Wrote:No thanks - I'll listen to commentary on Manx Radio 1368AM, as I have done for the last 23 years.

Yahoo

Maybe not this year smilie
08-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
George Wrote:
larryd Wrote:No thanks - I'll listen to commentary on Manx Radio 1368AM, as I have done for the last 23 years.

Yahoo

Maybe not this year smilie

i will listen to 1368 from my luxury apartment on the Costa New Brighton also in my Peugot 106 motorhome cant beat itBonk Bonk
Roll on Kells 2010
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2009, 08:22 PM by Malcolm.)
08-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Sorry hectic week over here in Scotland...

Can someone post the link for the TT @ £5`er or £10`er was more than worth the coverage last year too keep up to date.

Am i right in assuming North West 200 is via official website ?

thanx,
stella
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
08-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Hi Stella,

Here is the link for TTradio,

The TT Live! service starts on Saturday May 30th. To find out more about TT Live! and secure your subscription visit the TT Live! - HERE

The BBC NI site link for the NW200 is :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/nw200/

NW200 Information.

Television

A live preview programme from the paddock, Friday 15th May, BBC2 NI at 10.00pm.

The last 3 races broadcast live on Race Day - Saturday, 16th May - behind the red button.

Highlights shows on BBC1 Northern Ireland :-

Sunday 17th May BBC1 NI 10.20pm and Monday, 18th May 10.35pm also on BBC1 NI

BBC Newsline will report live during the week across all bulletins.

Radio

Radio Ulster will broadcast a range of shows live from the paddock during race week, culminating in live coverage of all races on Saturday 16th May.

Practice night racing from 7pm – 9pm, Thursday 14th May on Radio Ulster MW

A live preview programme from the hospitality area presented by Jackie Fullerton, Friday 15th May on Radio Ulster MW

Full commentary of every race Saturday 16th May from 11am -12.30 on Radio Ulster & Radio Foyle MW and from 12.30 to 6pm on Radio Ulster FM & Radio Ulster MW.

Good Morning Ulster and Evening Extra will carry live reports during the week across Sport bulletins.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2009, 09:56 PM by Malcolm.)
08-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Many thanks x
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
08-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Find Reply
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

Threads: 5
It is not often I am right but it appears I am wrong again.......I have since my initial rant managed to subscribe to the 09 TT Event 'Dashboard' as I have done for the last 3 years........

Was it poor information in the first place or simply pre TT hype, we will never know, all I can say is if you want some more of the same simply spend a 'FIVER' now to up date your account to cover the 2009 TT Event......

Regards,

Fritz,,,,,,,,,,,
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
09-05-2009, 01:19 AM
Find Reply