Confused???
downhill Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Confused???
Hi all, ive just joined this site & forum & would like to ask a question.

Why was the decision taken not to race today?
Ive just checked the webcams & conditions look fairly good, certainly clear up on the Mountain.
If the organisers had waited until this morning to make a decision im sure yesterdays 2 races could have run today.
Looking at the weather forecast for the rest of the week it might be a bit difficult getting all the events in I reckon.

Thoughts please.

Cheers
downhill
07-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
RE: Confused???
I copied this from another thread but it seems to make perfect sense.

It doesn't matter if the weather would be good enough to race at noon if the roads can't close until 1:30pm. And they have to be open again by 6pm on Sundays.

So if everything goes smoothly (no moving marshalls or cars parked in the wrong place) we could get started at 2:15pm. Roads open car would have to leave at about 5:30pm at the latest. So there is a window of 3 hours 15 minutes.

So let's consider the different people involved in the racing.

Dainese will be wanting all six laps and Rossi to do his lap on the day they are the main sponsor
Sure will want full value from their sponsorship of the sidecar race.
The racers will want to get full races in too.
As a spectator, I also want to see full races.

So, we could race today and fit as much as possible in to the 3 hours 15 minutes.

Superbike cut to three laps, sidecars to two would just about fit.Then Rossi could do his lap on Monday during the planned Monday racing. Can't see anyone being overjoyed by that one, sponsors, racers or spectators. Alternatively, go for a full Superbike race and cancel the sidecars altogether. Oh, and the weather is still not that predictable.

Or, leave it for tomorrow when the weather forecast is better?

Dainese get to see their man parading on the day they sponsor so they are happy.
Sure get a full sidecar race for their money too.
The racers all get a full race.
I get to watch two full races in better conditions as do the rest of the spectators.

That way everyone is happy...

Seems reasonable.
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
07-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Website Find Reply